Epic fail - Babel raps again

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
RedBen wrote:That video is at least one year old though, so he wasn't as :censored: as he is now :D

Ha, so it is! He may have to rethink one or two of those lyrics. :D

Anyways, I guess his rap career is going a little better than his footy career at the moment:

---
Liverpool FC footballer Ryan Babel collaborates with Sway

'He's a sick rapper' according to Sway

* August 18, 2009 | 

Sway has confirmed that Liverpool FC and Holland footballer Ryan Babel is to feature on his forthcoming album.

The grime artist confirmed that Babel raps on one track on the LP, which is provisionally called 'The Signature 2'.

"He's actually on the song with me and Neutrino," Sway told BBC Newsbeat. "Yeah, Ryan Babel's a good mate of mine. He's a nice guy, he's a sick rapper. The way he flips his flow is marvellous, man, so I wanted him to do a bit - half Dutch, half British - and he really pulled it off, man. I think it's a track that people are gonna like."

Sway added that he did not think Babel needed to ask permission to appear on the track from Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez.

"He's his own man, he wanted to do the track so we got together and made it happen," said Sway. "We linked up in New York as well. He's a nice guy and I have a lot of fun with him."

Other guests Sway confirmed to appear on the album, which is scheduled to be released in 2010, include Craig David and Tinchy Stryder, reports the BBC.

Link

---

I can't recall the last time Babel managed to "flip his flow" on the pitch...  :Oo:

but do you honestly beleive that his "muscic career" effects the way he plays? because i dont, the guy plays poor for Liverpool because he isnt a very good footballer. I cant see how what he does in his spare time affects that unless he's taking drugs or playing another sport for a hobby.

See above, mate.  As for the connections...you're right--the fact that he's a sh!te footballer has no bearing on the fact that he's a sh!te rapper, or vice versa.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:i dont realise what the point of this thread is, so what if Babel raps for hobby, its not that what makes him a poor football player ??? i tell u what, if he played guitar for a rock band in his spare time i bet it wouldnt even get a mention.

TBPH, I posted it as a laugh because I find Babel a rather comic figure at times.  But, the more I look at those lyrics in the first post the more I wonder.  Here's a lad that is rapping about his connections to Liverpool and, in the same breath, is talking about 'bitches' and people needing to lock up their daughters and how he's got money to burn now because of his contract with Liverpool.  Frankly, it reflects rather poorly on the club.  If he wants to rap fine, it's his free time and he can spend it how he likes, but I'm not sure he should be mentioning the club as part of his poser, gangsta wannabe schtick.  ???

yeah your probably right about the content in his lyrics i would prefer if he didnt mention the club in his rhymes, but its still irrelevant to his form on the pitch.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 pm

I maybe the only one here but i quite like its.. The music sounds cool aswel.. :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
RedBen wrote:That video is at least one year old though, so he wasn't as :censored: as he is now :D

Ha, so it is! He may have to rethink one or two of those lyrics. :D

Anyways, I guess his rap career is going a little better than his footy career at the moment:

---
Liverpool FC footballer Ryan Babel collaborates with Sway

'He's a sick rapper' according to Sway

* August 18, 2009 | 

Sway has confirmed that Liverpool FC and Holland footballer Ryan Babel is to feature on his forthcoming album.

The grime artist confirmed that Babel raps on one track on the LP, which is provisionally called 'The Signature 2'.

"He's actually on the song with me and Neutrino," Sway told BBC Newsbeat. "Yeah, Ryan Babel's a good mate of mine. He's a nice guy, he's a sick rapper. The way he flips his flow is marvellous, man, so I wanted him to do a bit - half Dutch, half British - and he really pulled it off, man. I think it's a track that people are gonna like."

Sway added that he did not think Babel needed to ask permission to appear on the track from Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez.

"He's his own man, he wanted to do the track so we got together and made it happen," said Sway. "We linked up in New York as well. He's a nice guy and I have a lot of fun with him."

Other guests Sway confirmed to appear on the album, which is scheduled to be released in 2010, include Craig David and Tinchy Stryder, reports the BBC.

Link

---

I can't recall the last time Babel managed to "flip his flow" on the pitch...  :Oo:

but do you honestly beleive that his "muscic career" effects the way he plays? because i dont, the guy plays poor for Liverpool because he isnt a very good footballer. I cant see how what he does in his spare time affects that unless he's taking drugs or playing another sport for a hobby.

See above, mate.  As for the connections...you're right--the fact that he's a sh!te footballer has no bearing on the fact that he's a sh!te rapper, or vice versa.  :D

:D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:24 pm

You just know that we'll sell him someday soon and he'll come up with some cringeworthy rap about how "Rafa be hatin" and "Stevie G knowin' what time it is"! :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby mistyred » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:30 pm

OMFG what a kn'ob.

I'd love to give him a slap, he needs to learn how to use what ability he has playing football not spouting sh1t.

And judging by that i use the word "Ability" very lightly.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Bad Bob wrote:You just know that we'll sell him someday soon and he'll come up with some cringeworthy rap about how "Rafa be hatin" and "Stevie G knowin' what time it is"! :laugh:

He be dissin his homies :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Dundalk » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Ive heard he uses this

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Dundalk wrote:Ive heard he uses this

Fo-shizzle  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:26 pm

F.uckin hell

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Geez when I first start reading I thought it was Bob having a laugh

He can do what he wants in his own time no matter how useless he is, but leave LFC out of the lyrics
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:00 am

Babel actually flow's over the track quite well, had it been i French it would have sounded better,
the Dutch always sound like their gonna spit a lurgie :D

Transfer your energy to the pitch Ryan lad.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:51 am

:no  :no

I watched it again,I dont think I ever can again.Its one of the most hideous things I've ever seen...then when you read the lyrics,my god,I just feel sh'it that the lad is so dilluded!

I want him out of LFC!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:55 am

Previously I just read Bob's tanslation which was bad enough, but having watched it, I have come to the unshakable conclusion that the man is a c... :(
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:04 am

bigmick wrote:Previously I just read Bob's tanslation which was bad enough, but having watched it, I have come to the unshakable conclusion that the man is a c... :(

One of the worst players we have rapping as if hes' Maradonna,George Best and Kenny Dalglish all rolled into one!Its so embarrassing!

Hey Babel...Get da mutha fuc'k outta Liverpool,go roll with ya homies in some other hood...say I!!

I wonder if Stevie and Carra and the rest of the lads have seen it! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum