Breaking news reports - Of historic events

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Bammo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:43 pm

I was a bit annoyed on the Sunday but I was more angry on the day of the funeral. Our team turned up for the morning kick off only to find the opposition had decided to cancel. Ended up having an hour training before going home to play computer games until something interesting came on telly :laugh:
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:47 pm

GYBS wrote:Ok quick question for everyone - how many of us where more pi.ssed off that the football was cancelled when Diana (play the media ) died as opposed to being bothered about her dying ?

I had to work me day off. Then one of the other lads called in sick as well making it a tw@t of a day.

Lest it be said...(rest her soul) Diana wasn't exactly being mourned where i was......

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Madmax » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:24 pm

9/11 .. Chilling in the student room playing pool..Report on big screen about plane smashing into the towers! All were glued to the screen... Was crazy!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:17 pm

9/11 - was driving on Sicily with the missus, arrived at a cousins house and was sitting round the table talking when out of the corner of my eye on the tv I saw the plane smash into the WTC.   "WTF was that" I asked.... then it all just developed there and then.

JFK - too young to remember.

First man on the moon 1969 - dad got us out of bed to watch, 'This is history being made' he said.

Diana Death - was in the transit lounge with the missus at Kuala Lumpar airport when it came on the tv. Wasnt a big sweat to me becuase I didnt like her, but the whole lounge gathered round the tv to watch. Every time I travel with the missus, a disaster happens.

Elvis 1977, having drinks at a friends villa in Portugal and as we all did in those days had the BBC World Service on the radio. Shocked.

John Lennon 1980 - Heard it on the radio when I woke up, wore a black tie to school,  I was devastated, my teenage hero.
Last edited by Reg on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Reg wrote:Diana Death - was in the transit lounge with the missus at Kuala Lumpar airport when it came on the tv. Wasnt a big sweat to me becuase I didnt like her, but the whole lounge gathered round the tv to watch. Every time I travel with the missus, a disaster happens.

I know that feeling but it wasn't Diana in my case, it was JFK Jr.  The wife and I were in the Atlanta airport waiting for a connecting flight to Chicago on the way back from Greece and the news broke.  Nothing like getting on a plane after watching hours of coverage about a plane crash.   :help
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby we all dream... » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 pm

I was a young lad when 9.11 happened, at secondry school about 14/5 I'd say. School didn't tell us about it all day, nobody in school new untill they went home. Not sure how that was possible but it happened, I went to Rugby practise after school, a late 1 as pre seasons fittness and that, got back to an empty house made me sen some tea and sat in front of the TV. It was unbelievable, I didn't know what the :censored: was going on, wasn't sure if what I was watching was live or replays, took about 20minutes to work out what had happened, unbelieveable still cannot realy believe it actually happened. At the time I thought it would be world war 3..

Diana dieing.. Got up and she was dead. My mum was glued to the TV watchin GMTV of some :censored: and sat me down to tell me as if my Nan had died the daft cow. I wasn't arsed. Couldn't believe the outpour of greif at her funeral though, so strange. I don't know how people can relate to people they have never met. Same with the Queen Ma.. not arsed. Would feel worse if the old dear at then end of our street who used to pop me footy died.

MJ dieing was a strange 1. I was sat in a bar and someone had said that he had died and noone belived him so they put on BBC News. What happened next was unreal in my eyes, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The music stopped the T.V. was on loud and people stopped what they were doing, chatting trying to pull etc to watch it all...this is a bar with music and the odd bit of dancing not a local boozer mind. When it was virtually official that he'd croaked it they put the TV on mute and put a load of his tunes on and people were acting like they were in mourning. I was :censored: myself at the whole experience. It's some freak from America that could sing pretty well. Why the tears? Very odd indeed!
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Strangely I was having sex on whilst I heard about 3 of those events. (9/11, 7/7 and Jacko).
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:Strangely I was having sex on whilst I heard about 3 of those events. (9/11, 7/7 and Jacko).

Having sex on what?  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:47 pm

bavlondon wrote:Strangely I was having sex on whilst I heard about 3 of those events. (9/11, 7/7 and Jacko).

Whatever turns you on, I guess?  :Oo:

:laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Dundalk wrote:

Sorry meant just having sex whilst I heard about them.  :D No on...

And bob not sure about the rest of you but women turn me on.  :p

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Do you always have Sky News on when you are having sex Bav?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:56 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Dundalk wrote:

Sorry meant just having sex whilst I heard about them.  :D No on...

And bob not sure about the rest of you but women turn me on.  :p

Still a bit weird though, having the news on while doing the deed?  Anyways, weren't you the one that broke the news on here about Jacko? Were you resting the laptop on her back? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Nah I think it was Lakes who broke it. I don't think I came on here till the next day. But yeah usually we always have Sky News or SSN on at home. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:09 pm

you were having sex when lakes broke the news to you ? was it as he went to the toilet to freshen up after your hot session :laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:17 pm

GYBS wrote:you were having sex when lakes broke the news to you ? was it as he went to the toilet to freshen up after your hot session :laugh:

You have a creative imagination.  :D Sorry to dissapoint you though.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum