Amir khan - Battle royale

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:59 pm

Did anyone watch Amir Khans fight before ?

I tell you what like him or not that lad put on a show and showed great heart to come back from the knock down.
That fight was what boxing should be about, two fighters in there for one thing only, to win.

Limond is a very decent fighter and had improved alot since he lost to Arthur, Khan at times looked like he was not ready to fight a fight like this, a fight where he actually has to think and is pushed backwards.

To be fair to the lad he came through, at times he looked shaky but at the end of the day it was a major step up compared with his usual fights.

Now for Skelton-Sprott, dire !

Feckin dog poo and if either of these two fight for a world title its a travesty.  :no

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:12 am

A great fight mate, I was hoping the scottish lad would do the business but to be fair to both of them they gave it a good crack, Khan had the power to finish it off it the end. It'll give him a kick up the backside, a needed one.

I second your comments about Skelton-sprott, they look like two big feckers without any skill, absolute :censored: when you consider the heavyweight greats of past eras.
LFC2007

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:46 am

amir khan? isnt he that guy from bollywood who acted in Lagaan?  :p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby jkop » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:14 am

I watched the fight must say one of his better ones, Amir was lucky if that round was any longer he was beat, but what a come back the scottish fella even has a broken nose for his troubles.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:54 am

that was great entertainment that fight....

khan got knocked down by a good couple of shots, limond was much more precise with his shots after a shaky first round, and was catching khan every now and then.....khan kept attacking limond with flurrys but the timing wasn't that great.
when he got knocked down i thought it was a matter of time before he would be knocked out cos his legs were jelly for a good minute, but he got thru the round and came back with a fantastic round after that and really hurt the scot.

great fight, hope he tries to learn from mistakes and works on his defence....or he'll go the way that naz did in the end.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby laydeeAmz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:54 pm

isnt he the lad from bolton?  :)
check out my site! http://Laydee-Amz.bebo.com
laydeeAmz

Postby jkop » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:47 pm

laydeeAmz wrote:isnt he the lad from bolton?  :)

Your right on the button there. :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:56 am

He has the skills, this fight showed that he can kill a fight for 30 seconds or so when he is hurt which a champion needs to be able to do.

His chin is poor though as limond isn't a big hitter and you never learn to have a good chin. That said, Joe Lewis, Lennox Lewis and Felix Trinadad didn't have good chins so although a weakness it doesn't have to stop him becoming a great fighter.

I always think it takes 4 years for a good amateur to become a champ in the pros. As Khan is so young, it might take him a year or two more but he has every chance. Needs to improve defence too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:15 pm

Khan has potential.  Hopefully all these idiots talking about world titles now realise he is a long way off from that. 

Lennox actually had a decent chin. Its a myth that he had a glass chin.  His 2 KO defeats were from 2 flush punches and the 2nd won was more down to him being exhausted.

Sprott v Skelton as another disgraceful British HW fight.  The HW division in britain and worldwide is shocking.  I cant believe the lack of quality fighters in this division.  Boxing needs a strong HW division!!

If Fedor left MMA to go boxing I would actually back him to beat the current crop of Heavyweights.  Its that bad.
puroresu

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:29 pm

what happened with khan? had all the lads round watching the fight, it went to a break and when it came back khan was on soomeones shoulders, as for the skelton fight, did the other lad even throw a punch in 12 rounds? and how could one of the judges call it a draw!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:what happened with khan? had all the lads round watching the fight, it went to a break and when it came back khan was on soomeones shoulders, as for the skelton fight, did the other lad even throw a punch in 12 rounds? and how could one of the judges call it a draw!!!

The scoring in that fight was shocking.
puroresu

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:21 pm

It was a great fight. Best thing really for Khan. He'll learn more from a tough opponent than a no-name jobber who he smashes after 54 seconds.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Excellent fight, Khan's jaw must be suspect, i think Limond had only knocked out 2 of his previous 27 wins. He doesn't move his head enough to ride the punches, but still gutsy and good enough to come back. The problem is that had Limond actually been a heavier puncher it would have been lights out.

Skelton/Sprott was a disgrace, fat cnts, both of their purses should be witheld.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:12 pm

puroresu wrote:Khan has potential.  Hopefully all these idiots talking about world titles now realise he is a long way off from that. 

Lennox actually had a decent chin. Its a myth that he had a glass chin.  His 2 KO defeats were from 2 flush punches and the 2nd won was more down to him being exhausted.

Sprott v Skelton as another disgraceful British HW fight.  The HW division in britain and worldwide is shocking.  I cant believe the lack of quality fighters in this division.  Boxing needs a strong HW division!!

If Fedor left MMA to go boxing I would actually back him to beat the current crop of Heavyweights.  Its that bad.

Lennox was the best heavyweight of his generation but didn't have a good chin. he was NOT exausted when Ramann knocked him out - I think it was only round 5.

his 2 defeats were against poor oppenents who landed one punch which knocked him out.

Not saying he wasn't a great fighter - just that his chin was weak.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:28 pm

FOOK Kahn that night there  was the death of a legend in Aturo Gatti when he fought 1 fight to many in Alfonso Gomez. Gatti was a legend a modern day Rocky with no give in the man and will always be rembered as 1 of the best. His fights with Micky Ward were lengendary.
grayghost

Next

Return to General Chat Forum