Afc wimbledon - Could do with help

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby EddieC » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:54 pm

Anyone remember AFC Wimbledon, the breakaway club formed when Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes & became the MK Dons?

Well, I've recently found out that they are to be deducted 18 points by the Ryman League, thrown out of the last-16 of the FA Trophy, thrown out of the Surrey Senior Cup and fined the £12,000 Trophy prize money they had won.

Their crime was not seeking “international” clearance from the Welsh FA for Jermaine Darlington, a retired professional who played for Cardiff City in the English league and cup last season.

I personally think it's a crying shame that a small club like this, set up by the fans after they wer sh!t on, gets hit with a punishment like this that could potentially ruin them so soon after they set the club up for what can't have been anything other than an oversight.

The club has started a petition to get this decision overturned, but AFC Wimbledon only has about a couple of thousand strong fan base, not really enough to make a difference. I know a West Ham & a Man City forum are already onboard, I'd like to think guys on here would like to do their bit. There is a link to the petition below for anyone who's interested.

AFC Wimbledon Petition
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:16 pm

I won't be signing. My home town (Worthing) are in Ryman Premier and they aren't having a good year this year therefore any club losing points is a bonus for Worthing. Its unfortunate and unlucky for AFC Wimbledon but they know the rules - other clubs in the league have not made these mistakes.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:53 am

Seems a trifle harsh, that.

But...

Rules are rules, I suppose, and if they knew the punishments available when they signed him, it's their own fault.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum