A sad state of affairs - Hours before the biggest game .......

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:45 pm

Twasn't me Leon.

I was throat deep into a keebab 2 hours before the game. :p
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:48 pm

leon, would you be so kind as to provide a list of suitable subjects for discussion and times and places in which they can be discussed? also if possible a calender of future events that may make discussion of some things in some places unsuitable thus demanding certain alterations to discussion parameters?

maybe the moderators could change the name of general chat to 'general chat (except when there's a game coming up)'. or better still maybe general chat gets locked during the build up to a game and all links lead you directly to the quick reply box in the current open thread in lfc general discussion. or even better they lead to a special thread that allows us to post 'come on you red men' or 'in rafa we trust' a million times because after 20-odd pages there's bugger all left to say.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Honolulu Bob » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:53 pm

JBG wrote:Twasn't me Leon.

Twasn't me either

I was balls deep in a brunette 2 hours before the game. :p
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:55 pm

Honolulu Bob wrote:

Twasn't me either

Wasn't me either.

I have never been a previously excellent football poster!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:58 pm

Honolulu Bob wrote:

Twasn't me either

Where did you emerge from, ya rascal!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Honolulu Bob » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:10 pm

Arrrr....tis only a quick visit before Bob's returns ta piratin' the port o' New Amsterdam in a couple o' days, for tis full o' gold and hot flange!  :shifty  :eyebrow

I'll keep me one good eye out for ya JBG, ta ra fer now!!  :buttrock
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:22 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:Leon you go from bad to worse mate, first you try to dictate what people can or can't say in their posts, now you're trying to tell us which bit of the forum we have to be in at any given time :D

Ok, I understand what you are saying but:

1) This is a Liverpool Football Club forum

2) This is a Liverpool Football Club forum

3) This is a Liverpool Football Club forum

is is a LFC forum but it also has sections to talk about other things, or are you saying the premier league general discusion section should not be on here, or indeed and of the premier league section as they would be rendered useless if we could only discuss the mighty reds in there
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:25 pm

andy_g wrote:leon, would you be so kind as to provide a list of suitable subjects for discussion and times and places in which they can be discussed? also if possible a calender of future events that may make discussion of some things in some places unsuitable thus demanding certain alterations to discussion parameters?

maybe the moderators could change the name of general chat to 'general chat (except when there's a game coming up)'. or better still maybe general chat gets locked during the build up to a game and all links lead you directly to the quick reply box in the current open thread in lfc general discussion. or even better they lead to a special thread that allows us to post 'come on you red men' or 'in rafa we trust' a million times because after 20-odd pages there's bugger all left to say.

Dont be pedantic Andy it does not suit you.

I always seem to get slaughtered whenever I offer an opinion on the state/standards etc of this forum, but I am only doing it cus I give a sh.it.

Anyway I was simply saying that if people are going to moan about what is posted in General Discussion, but still post mostly in General Chat, and if the moderators spend most of the time in here rather than getting tough and deleting threads and posts, then it wont get better.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:14 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Dont be pedantic Andy it does not suit you.

I always seem to get slaughtered whenever I offer an opinion on the state/standards etc of this forum, but I am only doing it cus I give a sh.it.

Anyway I was simply saying that if people are going to moan about what is posted in General Discussion, but still post mostly in General Chat, and if the moderators spend most of the time in here rather than getting tough and deleting threads and posts, then it wont get better.

its just a bit of ribbing leon - you know what goes on around here. we all give it and we all take it (at least those with a sense of humour do).

i've made similar points to yours in the past - better to post quality stuff in lfc discussion than to hide in here moaning about the state of the forum. but i have to say that with the recent return of old stalwarts like yourself and stu_the_red, alongside the end of the transfer window, there has been a general upturn in the quality of football discussion. its not all perfect and rosy but it never will be.

and you know how fast it is to skip from one part of the forum to another. i generally post in lfc discussion and while i'm waiting for the discussion to evolve i'll hang around in gen chat for a while, then i'll pop back to lfc discussion, then maybe to polls or whatever. i know you have better things to do than to spend all day keeping tabs on people to see if they're spending too long in one place, and i don't think the 'who is where' part of the forum updates all that well (at least not for me...).

so maybe you telling people off for using the forum how they wanted to is a little out of place and uncalled for.

and thanks for the tip about being pedantic - i'll stick to the old and trusty sarcasm form now on  :;):  :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:31 pm

andy_g wrote:but i have to say that with the recent return of old stalwarts like yourself and stu_the_red, alongside the end of the transfer window, there has been a general upturn in the quality of football discussion. its not all perfect and rosy but it never will be.

Have to disagree.

Seriously Leon, since you came back how many posts have you made even relating to football?

Apart from the odd sarcastic remark and taking the pi.ss out of newer members, what have you actually contributed??

Seems a bit rich all this criticism of the forum coming from you when you're doing nothing to improve it yourself
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:09 pm

what a fu.ckin joke this thread is...the forum is suffering because some members want to dictate who can post ,where they post ,what they post and if you don't like their contribution it's time to whinge and fu.ckin whine till they leave or get banned.Sad state of affairs...fu.ckin right it is!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:40 pm

Peace out Boys :D

I don't understand the different sections so can people tell me where the feck I'm supposed to be ....

Don't know about anyone else but I always click "View recent Posts" when I'm on here and start from there. I've never understood what members mean by going ionto General this and General that .....

Anyway I was battling to get tio Anfield through the downpour 2 hours before the game trying to get to work after a mad day at work  :p

Leon, I fail to see the relevance of where particular members are at any given time mate to be honest but lets not fall out over it, we have just put in our best performance of the season against the over rated Cockney's :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:22 am

Dalglish wrote:Peace out Boys :D

I don't understand the different sections so can people tell me where the feck I'm supposed to be ....

Don't know about anyone else but I always click "View recent Posts" when I'm on here and start from there. I've never understood what members mean by going ionto General this and General that .....

Anyway I was battling to get tio Anfield through the downpour 2 hours before the game trying to get to work after a mad day at work  :p

Leon, I fail to see the relevance of where particular members are at any given time mate to be honest but lets not fall out over it, we have just put in our best performance of the season against the over rated Cockney's :)

ever the voice of reason :nod  :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:41 am

Woollyback wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Peace out Boys :D

ever the voice of reason :nod  :buttrock

:blush: GULP< Ermmm thanks  :blush:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:47 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:The fact that two moderators and one previously excellent football poster (not you by the way woof) now prefer to spend their time in here

:laugh:

Thats because I prefer to keep the intelligent stuff to myself . Like you ,when I've got something stupid to say ,I say it to other people , let THEM listen .   :nod   :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum