Uefa probe champions league match fixing

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Uefa is investigating 40 cases of match-fixing involving Champions League and Uefa Cup matchesPeter Limacher, head of disciplinary services at Uefa said the cases involved early qualifying matches of clubs "mainly from eastern Europe" over the last four years.

Limacher said Uefa had been alerted to suspicious betting patterns.

"In the cases we have seen it's really the deliberate planned fix of the games - the whole games.

"It might take some time (to convict) but in cases where we can work together with the police that might be possible."

He said most of the clubs being investigated sought to make a profit from betting because they knew they would be eliminated.

More follows...
[url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Uefa-Investigate-40-Cases-Of-Match-Fixing-Involving-Champions-League-And-UEFA-Cup-Matches/Article/200909415390189?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15390189_Uefa_Investigate_40_Cases_Of_Match-Fixing_Involving_Champions_League_And_

UEFA_Cup_Matches]http://news.sky.com/skynews....Matches[/url]

It seems 2 man u games a 1 liverpool game might be looked at, bit soon to say.....say Sky.

i bet or clubs did not know anything about it........well in saying that i would not put is past Hicks to try and pay his debts off that wal lol.
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:36 pm

I think someone posted on here that some of the eastern Europe games looked strange a few years ago, one team was down 1-0 and in the last min they sort of let the other team get a goal.

If its was any of our games it would be something, liverpool to win by 2 or more goals, i cann not think of anygames like that off the top of my head.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion