Top clubs 'not helping' mcclaren - Are you sure you mean liverpool?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:40 pm

Heard this on the radio whilst I was driving home the other day and I nearly swerved into a lamp post. Easily the pick of his asinine comments was something along the lines of "well you have to look at clubs like Liverpool... ...and ask what do they bring to the table?"

Well, last time I checked Stevo, I think it was England's best player.

Now here's the real question - for ten points Steve (and God knows you could do with ten points, eh?) what the f#ck have you brought to the table for England, other than a manager who is so far out of his depth that he needs armbands and a left winger so ineffectual that I would seriously consider looking at what the Championship has to offer in that position if Bridge and Cashley aren't back any time soon.

I mean, I think Bridge is hugely overrated (and not really a winger) but he looks like Berger at his imperious best compared to Downing. I'm sure that somewhere in the UK there is a man with a prosthetic leg that can hit a better cross. OK, just occasionally he nails one but his consistency is simply non-existant.

Worst thing is that even if England manage to miss out on qualification for Euro '08 completely, I still think the ginger f#ckstick's job will be safe. Given that England must apparently have an English manager now (note to the FA - there's your problem, right there) that realistically leaves Allardyce and Curbishley, neither of whom were good enough when McLaren got the job so would hardly be appropriate replacements to clean his mess up. Where do they go then? Stuart Pearce? Steve Bruce? God help us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:24 am

Only one man for the job.

CLIVE WOODWARD!!!!

He will guide England to World Cup glory.

Once he learns that scrums aren't allowed in football.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:12 am

Liverpool only gave England Owen, Gerrard, Fowler, McManaman and Carragher over the last decade.

The city has handed them Barton, Nugent, Nolan and Rooney...

I'd say thats a pretty good return.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:49 am

Maclaren is a shitehawk manc and a cr@p manager, its his fault England are cr@p.
If it wernt for LFC they would be up sh.itstreet.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Years Of Decay » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:16 am

F.uckin despise England these days, makes my day when they lose against sh.ite teams  :D
Image Image
5 TIMES IN ISTANBUL
*6 Times In Athens*
Years Of Decay

Postby Owzat » Fri May 04, 2007 10:54 am

There are TWENTY teams in the top flight of England, if players are good enough they will get a game. The problem is top clubs want success and you'll find more of the teams near the bottom of the table have a strong English contingent. At least the top clubs have top quality foreigners, not just loading up on cheap and nasty eastern europeans who are better than their English counterparts.

Look at Boro (picked at random ;) ) from their last game

Schwarzer (AUS)
Davies (ENG)
Woodgate (ENG)
Pogatetz (AUT)
Taylor (ENG)
Cattermole (ENG)
Boateng (HOL)
Rochemback (BRA)
Downing (ENG)
Viduka (AUS)
Yakubu (NIG)

Six foreigners, five English. Boro have just six teams below them. Maybe the onus should be on Boro to buy up all the English players but McClueless thinks Liverpool should be fielding because we have the finances to buy them and Boro probably don't. We're a club looking for trophies not to give English players a chance to play in a winning team. We already boast FIVE English players (Gerrard, Carragher, Crouch, Fowler and Pennant) of whom four are contenders for the England team and three are regulars in the squad. Not that he gives Carra a chance or acknowledges where Owen started. The mancs can hardly be blamed for having no England players - Nob'ed Neville, Brown, druggie, thug Smith, Scholes, Rooney, Richardson and Carrick to name a few English players. If you look at where he picks his players from, predominantly the top three and spudz, then he must be saying "you supply us with 80% of the squad but come on, do better"

Or maybe he's suggesting if Liverpool pick eleven English players they will all magically become world beaters!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion