International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Why the fk didn't we go for Aguero when we sold Torres. :angry: :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 pm

I was praying we would go for him. He could still struggle, debuts aren't usually a great indicator, I expect De Gea to come good, I'm just enjoying it while he's pants

how long is it before everyone calls him 'kunt'?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:41 am

Some team City have these days.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 am

He continues like that and my prediction of them winning league will have gotten that much better.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 am

He was on fire last night....for all of 20 mins :D
Mind you he looks a right handful. Him and Tevez up front....ooh-err....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:45 pm

he's scored more for his new club in half an hour than torres has in seven and a half months :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby brentd4 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:21 pm

haha, awesome display, and the worst about it is that he will probably do this all season, my prediction of city not having a goal scoring forward other than tevez is so wrong .
brentd4

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:44 pm

tubby wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
brentd4 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:this made me laugh :D

dont get it

I just found it amusing that the article titled history of Manchester City FC started with 2008

:laugh:

What's funnier is the 3 stars on their club crest. Any clues as to what they even stand for?

I'm yet to find a City fan who can give me an answer.

They've won 3 charity shield's. Maybe they're really proud?

Either that or the number of straight fans they have.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:36 pm

well the fact is that we should've bought Aguero instead of Carroll... imagine Suarez Aguero partnership... and it's not like we didn't have the money...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:47 pm

maguskwt wrote:well don't laugh guys... the fact is that we should've bought Aguero instead of Carroll... imagine Suarez Aguero partnership... and it's not like we didn't have money...

It always sounds so easy doesn't it?  We want him, we've got money, let's just go down to the shop and get him.  Never mind it's January, we're well down the table and look incapable of offering Champions League football next year.  Never mind that a succession of top players have been leaving Liverpool over the past couple of seasons.  Never mind that the target is one of the top talents in world football that could have his pick of destinations.  Never mind that the selling club knows this and is unlikely to entertain offers at the very end of the January transfer window, when other offers are sure to flood in during the summer. 

I'd say our chances of signing Aguero during this rebuilding phase, regardless of the money the Torres transfer made available to do so, rested comfortably between slim and none.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
maguskwt wrote:well don't laugh guys... the fact is that we should've bought Aguero instead of Carroll... imagine Suarez Aguero partnership... and it's not like we didn't have money...

It always sounds so easy doesn't it?  We want him, we've got money, let's just go down to the shop and get him.  Never mind it's January, we're well down the table and look incapable of offering Champions League football next year.  Never mind that a succession of top players have been leaving Liverpool over the past couple of seasons.  Never mind that the target is one of the top talents in world football that could have his pick of destinations.  Never mind that the selling club knows this and is unlikely to entertain offers at the very end of the January transfer window, when other offers are sure to flood in during the summer. 

I'd say our chances of signing Aguero during this rebuilding phase, regardless of the money the Torres transfer made available to do so, rested comfortably between slim and none.

how bout in the summer then? Wasn't Suarez pursued by many top clubs as well? Isn't the brand and history of LFC no attraction at all? I know it's not easy... but we should've been in for him early and made a swoop... I believe we weren't in for him at all... we were focussing on young british talent...

I know we would likely lose out if we're in a bidding war with Man City... but we have things going for us that they don't... for example the club's history and name... A true footballer would give it a serious thought about joining us... so making a move early is the key...

I have a feeling our gamble on Carroll and not having an alternative option will come back to haunt us...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:10 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

how bout in the summer then? Wasn't Suarez pursued by many top clubs as well? Isn't the brand and history of LFC no attraction at all? I know it's not easy... but we should've been in for him early and made a swoop... I believe we weren't in for him at all... we were focussing on young british talent...

I know we would likely lose out if we're in a bidding war with Man City... but we have things going for us that they don't... for example the club's history and name... A true footballer would give it a serious thought about joining us... so making a move early is the key...

I have a feeling our gamble on Carroll and not having an alternative option will come back to haunt us...

Sorry to be a cynic, mate, but I think that the 'brand and history' of a club counts for relatively little in the minds of the superstar footballer these days.  They generally want a glamour side in the here and now--one that can promise European football, a strong chance for trophies and shedloads of cash.  And if they are interested in brand and history there are clubs that can offer some of that too without the slow rebuilding process we're going to see at Anfield over the next couple of seasons.

I think we need to take the rose-coloured glasses off when it comes to signing superstars.  For the supporters, this is the best club in the world--always has been, always will be.  For the more mercinary superstars, this is a venerable club but one in a significant rebuilding phase that will need to work very hard to get back into the Champions League and into the title hunt.  Plus, in the past few years, it's a club that has seen some of its top players move on to other 'glamour' clubs in order to fulfill their ambitions.  In sum, I don't think we're currently a club that the true superstars (and Aguero's certainly one) would seriously consider, much as it pains me to say it.  Maybe if Torres and Masch were still here we'd have had a shot at signing Kun but since they're not, I don't think we would ever have been seriously in the hunt this summer.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Sorry to be a cynic, mate, but I think that the 'brand and history' of a club counts for relatively little in the minds of the superstar footballer these days. 

Spot on
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Spot on Bob, I've had to argue this with many many idiots at work, always make it sound simple.

Nevermind his £200,000 a week wages
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby zarababe » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 am

Aguerro is on 300,000 p/w me dearies... that is what he is being payed to offset the Tax in this here land. That's why no-one else wanted him. Kwality is there, most of us in this thread have said so, and I wanted him last year... but the price is too much.

Anyway... Suarez will outshine him.. I can gaurantee it !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion