Sergio aguero

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:08 pm

tubby wrote:Money grubbing little :censored: comes to mind.

honeslty, how many players do they have on 200k plus? I know Yaya is and Tevez must be as well, now Aguero. FFP cant come soon enough, its getting highly unstable
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Reg wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Reg wrote:Aguero would play off Suarez exactly as Forlan does...a dream signing, yet we have Carol. Hhhhmmmm.....

posts like this do my head in.

i had a manc yesterday banging on saying "i can't believe you only paid £3m less for carroll than city did for aguero", whilst conveniently missing the fat that aguero will be on over three times carroll's wages, which over a 5 year period means he's actually worth £30m more.

and besides, carroll will score more goals than aguero next season.

I'm not talking about cost you lesbian, but style of play, Suarez needs a Forlan style partner not an oak tree.

Kinda disagree here Reg.  Last year and during the Copa America, it was obvious to see Suarez can play off ANYBODY.  When he played for us he could play off any pinpoint passes we may have been able to put together and he can play off the long ball launch up the pitch.

For those of you that actually watched the Copa America, Forlan was crazy selfish the whole tournament.  Not only did Suarez set him up in vain many times, Forlan just kept taking ridiculous shots because he couldn't score and really wanted to.  Suarez was left mostly playing off the midfielders.... Not Forlan at all.  Forlan was Uruguays worst player (until the final) throughout the tournament because he wouldn't pass the fecking ball.

Carroll didn't have anybody supplying him passes last season he could score off.  Now we have Gerrard, Adam and Downing who are all capable of giving him a good ball.  Look what happened when Meireles gave him a good ball against City.  And he has one hell of a left foot when it comes to volleys and shots right outside the box like he score against us and City.

I think Aguero will do well, but you must be catious because it is much easier to score in the Spanish league than the English league.  Our top scorers score half of what the top scorer does in the Spanish league, and plenty of players score above that of the English league.  They play a much more attacking style than the defensive style the prem is known for.   Depending on how he transitions, I can't see him scoring 20 goals like he did last season. 

Carroll was on track to be the top scorer in the league before he was injured.  You have to have faith the talent and ability is there, you just need the players that can set him up.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:48 pm

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby brentd4 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Greavesie wrote:this made me laugh :D

dont get it
brentd4

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm

brentd4 wrote:

dont get it

I just found it amusing that the article titled history of Manchester City FC started with 2008

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Greavesie wrote:
brentd4 wrote:

dont get it

I just found it amusing that the article titled history of Manchester City FC started with 2008

:laugh:

What's funnier is the 3 stars on their club crest. Any clues as to what they even stand for?

I'm yet to find a City fan who can give me an answer.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Reg wrote:Aguero would play off Suarez exactly as Forlan does...a dream signing, yet we have Carol. Hhhhmmmm.....

I don't think Augero is a Forlan type of player Reg, sometimes he also plays as a second forward just like Suarez. If Tevez ends up staying at Man City, he and Augerio will form an excellent partnership, but can't see Tevez staying because it looks like Sneijder is on his way to the Mancs
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:11 am

Aguero wont cut it in the premiership. Like every other player who joins city, money talks. After one season whats the bet he will want to go back to spain?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 am

Good player.. but agree with Kharkaz... the Man city gravey train is setting people up for life.

However I think he is a good player and will bring flare to City
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:45 am

ethanr wrote:Carroll was on track to be the top scorer in the league before he was injured.  You have to have faith the talent and ability is there, you just need the players that can set him up.

insh'allah.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 am

Greavesie wrote:
brentd4 wrote:

dont get it

that could have been the point then, lol
brentd4

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Reg wrote:
stmichael wrote:

i had a manc yesterday banging on saying "i can't believe you only paid £3m less for carroll than city did for aguero", whilst conveniently missing the fat that aguero will be on over three times carroll's wages, which over a 5 year period means he's actually worth £30m more.

I'm not talking about cost you lesbian, but style of play, Suarez needs a Forlan style partner not an oak tree.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
Reg wrote:
stmichael wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:oh:  :Oo:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Aguero wont cut it in the premiership. Like every other player who joins city, money talks. After one season whats the bet he will want to go back to spain?

he already said he wanted to go to Real didn't he but Atletico wouldn't do business with them, this is one way to do it I guess  :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Aguero wont cut it in the premiership. Like every other player who joins city, money talks. After one season whats the bet he will want to go back to spain?

he just came off the bench and scored 2 goals and assisted another.....

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion