Scotlands flooded - Floods severley hit scotland

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:04 pm

Big Niall wrote:Do the scots on this site have any idea what happened over the last 15 years or so as it hasn't produced a single top player? just curious.

Cause Moyes brought them all to Everton.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Do the scots on this site have any idea what happened over the last 15 years or so as it hasn't produced a single top player? just curious.

Cause Moyes brought them all to Everton.

:laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:07 pm

john craig wrote:Who won the last home nations tournament?

northern ireland. they played six in goal apparently.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:09 pm

stmichael wrote:
john craig wrote:Who won the last home nations tournament?

northern ireland.

Thank you very much :buttrock
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:09 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Some countries need to be brought back to reality, I find it amazing how fans from other home nations can even comment on the international scene, one which they're non-existent in.

Ireland are a decent side, although they were pretty poor in qualifying.

Most of the top Irish players play in England so they know the English players very well and players like Robbie Keane, Duff, Finnan and Given would get a game for England IMO.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:36 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Some countries need to be brought back to reality, I find it amazing how fans from other home nations can even comment on the international scene, one which they're non-existent in.

Most of the top Irish players play in England so they know the English players very well and players like Robbie Keane, Duff, Finnan and Given would get a game for England IMO.

I would agree but Ireland isn't a home nation.

I can see no reason why the home nations tournament can't be brought back now. Hooliganism is a shadow of its old self, the Northern Ireland palava is stable enough to cope with the tournament now.

Apparently their have been talks of ressurecting the tournaments in place of international friendies, which in my opinion are a waste of time. A home nations tournament would be ideal preparation for a major tournament
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:01 pm

Lionheart wrote:It seems clear than a lot of the English can have a laugh at others but very few can laugh at themselves. A case of taking things far too seriously. Lighten up lads!!! :D

it's only banter!! I don't think anyone's getting upset about it!! You must be reading our responses upside down and getting them the wrong way round!!  :upside:
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:58 pm

Okay - scottish football was never class but it did produce some top class players and they had a good team.

As for the home nations tournament - I think it is a wrong way for England to progress. If they want to compete with the big boys then they have to broaden their experience and I think more of them need to play in foreign leagues as English football is so different from the European leagues.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:19 pm

LFC #1 wrote:

And they'd be better players than what England currently have.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby luvliverpool » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:15 am

0asis wrote:"And they'd be better players than what England currently have"

Good point, the real shame of it is in Scotland alot of the High Schools do not have the money to put together a Football team which also hinders youth development...where as in England there is High School tournments all the time!!

The FA in England get alot more money for youth development ie the lottery etc.

Scotland has the potential to be as good a team if not b8r than England its just the youth development that hinders it.........mainly because the population in England is far greater than scotland therefore the English teams can pull a larger croud which constanlty gives them more dosh.

On the other hand has an English manager EVER won the Premiership? ???? ???? ?????!!!!!! ???? ?????
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:52 am

luvliverpool wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
luvliverpool wrote:Image

Apparantly the Atlantic Ocean has risen constantly since Scotland exited France '98.

How sweet it is to be better than the Jocks.  :D

You are quck to metion 66 but you never mention 67 hahaha remember Jim Baxter ran rings around Alan Ball with keepy uppies....then we won 3-2  :D

No - I don't remeber that. (I wasn't born.)  :rasp  :D

Were you playing our ladies team? I bet it was "Alana Ball".  :p
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:58 am

An English manager has won the World Cup has a scottish manager? :D
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion