International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:21 pm

drummerphil wrote:they can have sven for me

great idea
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:22 pm

zarababe wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i have always felt that Rafa was using us as a stop gap, that is one of the resons i said he was the wrong man for the job.
but for once and i shock myself in saying this i hope he dont take it right now.

well well Lakes.. I am shocked to hear your words for Benitez  :D

:oops:  pick me up off the floor Ive collapsed  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:23 pm

zarababe wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i have always felt that Rafa was using us as a stop gap, that is one of the resons i said he was the wrong man for the job.
but for once and i shock myself in saying this i hope he dont take it right now.

yes but for once i want him to stay for a bit
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:23 pm

this will blow put of all proportion

Rafa will stay for a good few years, he loves it here, children are settled, on the way up for us etc etc etc, so apart from them playing in la liga why would he go
gary106

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:27 pm

lakes10 wrote:
zarababe wrote:

Lakes who do you want in charge mate?
Whats wrong with Raffa in your opinion?
Are you on the beer or just full o shi.te??
66-1120597113

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:27 pm

not looking to good, the press association are talking about Rafa and Wenger as well.
I would not be too shocked if Wenger took the job.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:28 pm

TAKEN FROM THE RUMOUR THREAD EARLIER TONIGHT

During the negotiations with Madrid for bringing Fernando Morientes to Anfield, Perez was demanding first refusal on any future transfer of Steven Gerrard to another club.  Benitez refused and Perez said: "Rafa, you do know that you will be Real Madrid coach one day don't you?"  Of course Madrid want him, who wouldn't?  And as long as Real Madrid keep sacking managers, Rafa will be linked with them.  We will learn to get used to it.

What people forget though is that last season when Madrid went public and leaked a story saying Benitez was interested in joining them, he stayed quiet and didn't give any inteviews, emerging two days later to put the story to bed emphatically saying he'd like to see out his contract and then stay another twenty years if the club would have him.

Why would he have changed his mind since then?  I wouldn't even expect a comment from Benitez on this story this week truth be told.

If you want more on this, buy Guillem Ballague's book.  It has a detailed section on what I have just posted above.
jonnymac1979

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:28 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
zarababe wrote:

Lakes who do you want in charge mate?
Whats wrong with Raffa in your opinion?
Are you on the beer or just full o shi.te??

not going into to all this tonight, been over it so many times on here before. but lets just say that right now i am ok with him being our manager.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:29 pm

lakes10 wrote:not looking to good, the press association are talking about Rafa and Wenger as well.

Fuc.k up lakes!! :talktothehand
66-1120597113

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:30 pm

thanks jonnymac
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:31 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
lakes10 wrote:not looking to good, the press association are talking about Rafa and Wenger as well.

how nice
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:32 pm

lakes10 wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

how nice

Sorry mate!!
But Raffa aint going anywhere so try stop being negative eh??
66-1120597113

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:32 pm

I think that Rafa going to madrid is not going to happen whilst that perez guy is the president 'cos i remember hearing something about rafa doesn't like him (i'm not sure whether or not he was the guy that sacked rafa from his job at madrid) and whilst he's the president rafa won't set foot back in the bernabaeu unless in opposition. I think the most likely action from Real is going to be to try and get to the end of the season with this reserve coach in  charge and then try and get either wenger or capello in the summer

I hope.  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:33 pm

Why didnt they try to get Rafa before he came to Liverpool though?
They where having pretty bad results then as I can remember havent they had 3 managers in a year and half? Theyve had 5 coaches in 2 years, FFS their rotating doors for managers are as bad as players being shipped out of Liverpool. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:34 pm

sky sports

There is now likely to be a furious race to replace Luxemburgo, with former Lyon coach Paul Le Guen believed to be under consideration, while Real president Florentino Perez is a fan of Premiership bosses Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger.

Perez also admires the coaching skills of Fabio Capello, who has already had one spell at the Bernabeu, but the Juventus chief has played down a return to the club.

"I'm flattered by this link because Real aren't a small club," Capello told Sky Italia.

"But I have a contract and I'm happy here."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion