No ronaldinho in world cup

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 am

Carlos Dunga has not named Ronaldinho among his squad for the World Cup. The 2004 and 2005 FIFA World Player Of The Year has been out of favour with Brazil coach Dunga for a few years but has been in sparking form this season for AC Milan. This World Cup article on the Brazil squad claims even without the gap-toothed trickster Brazil are favourites for the World Cup as they have attacking options such as Kaka and Luis Fabiano.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Keris » Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 am

Benzema, Alex Pato, E.Cambiasso are the big names missing for me. Errrrr, Robinson to some extent. :p
But although the likes of Benzema didn't get much football during the previous season, surely his quality/known ability is worth the slot in the squad in itself.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 am

I don't know what the fuss is about. Both Cambiasso and Ronaldinho are shades of their former level, why make a selection based on past performances.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:22 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I don't know what the fuss is about. Both Cambiasso and Ronaldinho are shades of their former level, why make a selection based on past performances.

ronaldhino has been excellent this season, its a ridiculous decision by Dunga to leave out a player  of that quality.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu May 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:I don't know what the fuss is about. Both Cambiasso and Ronaldinho are shades of their former level, why make a selection based on past performances.

ronaldhino has been excellent this season, its a ridiculous decision by Dunga to leave out a player  of that quality.

:nod

It's a decision Dunga will rue I suspect. The Brazil squad as it is does not look like it has a very good chance.
ConnO'var

Postby red37 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Good. Im sick of Brazil by now.

Spain or the Argies for me. Watch out for France though...the spawny gets. I wouldn't put it past 'em!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 13, 2010 5:19 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

:nod

It's a decision Dunga will rue I suspect. The Brazil squad as it is does not look like it has a very good chance.

I don't know, he looks sluggish nowadays. Ok, he still has distribution qualities. But I always associate Brazil with skill and mobility. I think they've sided with younger more agile players.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu May 13, 2010 7:27 pm

red37 wrote:Good. Im sick of Brazil by now.

Spain or the Argies for me. Watch out for France though...the spawny gets. I wouldn't put it past 'em!

I hate Brasil - Argies for me .. of course  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:23 pm

good call on France mate, but i see upsets for Spain.

Argies or for once England, if we fire at the right time.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Paraguay...... and you heard it here first at 66/1  £50 e/w :;):
The Dutch to win it ,this is the year of the Robben  :;): 12/1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 am

zarababe wrote:

I on the other hand, hate the Argies (their FA and government... not the people) ..... Never forgave them for buying the 78 World Cup.... cheaters the lot of 'em lead by a brainless, coke snorting, people shooting, possibly fascist piece of sh!te, masquerading as a human being..... purporting to be the best player ever to grace the football pitch.... me @rse.

And then of course there was the needless Falklands fiasco.

Anyone but the Argies.

I think this year will be Espana's year.
ConnO'var

Postby Big Niall » Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
zarababe wrote:

I on the other hand, hate the Argies (their FA and government... not the people) ..... Never forgave them for buying the 78 World Cup.... cheaters the lot of 'em lead by a brainless, coke snorting, people shooting, possibly fascist piece of sh!te, masquerading as a human being..... purporting to be the best player ever to grace the football pitch.... me @rse.

And then of course there was the needless Falklands fiasco.

Anyone but the Argies.

I think this year will be Espana's year.

Maradonna is head and shoulders above Pele and Zidane in terms of the greatest ever.

Nobody comes even close. it is like saying Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan aren't the greatest ever.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Dunga saw a Brazil team with a weak manager in 2006 pick fat ronaldo and fat adriano to stand still as the front 2.

He won as a player in 1994 with a functional team with one superstar and maybe he plans kaka to be the star and then have functional players.

Ronaldinho is a waster, great talent but  I don't respect the man, lazy fatty. I respect no player who lets himself go overweight.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat May 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Spain's players are much better than any other squad. The Euro championships showed no other European team (not even germany) is on the same level.

The Argies have class players but an odd squad selection, also Maradonna is a lunatic.

I don't see any  teams or squad with players on the same level as spain or Argentina, however, the Germans seem to have a place booked in the semis no matter how rubbish they are.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Ze germans cruised through qualifying, they'll be there or thereabouts
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion