Management review - Replacements

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby bernie Johnston » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:48 pm

If Gerard Houllier was to resign tomorrow or be sacked as a result of the current league position, who do you think should replace him and why.  Also why are the club not seeking financial investment to keep up with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd!
bernie Johnston

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:19 pm

Martin O'neill. Maybe he could dop a better job than the great gerard houillier.  :)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:18 pm

Ok, i dont think Martin would come to us, and doesnt he just play exactly the same style of direct football that GH plays anyways? I cant see Martin coming, personally id like to see Kenny back, see what he can do Hes the one with the passion and knows exactly what the fans are going through. f not him then that Porto guy seems to be doing ok but he might be going to chelsea. And if he does go to chelsea, we can take madman Ranieri.. a little change can do you good
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:15 pm

Jose Mourinho would be my number 1, Actually Capello would be my number 1 but it is my belief that Mourinho is a realistic target. First of all Capello would be a realistic target if we had the money, as he has stated his ambition to manage a Premiership club, the problem however is that he would demand high wages that only Chelsea and United would be capable of paying, and he seems to want to manage Chelsea(IMO). Mourinho has ALSO stated his ambition to manage in the premiership and has been linked with Totenham and not the giants of the premiership, so in theory Liverpool could pry him from Totenhams hands if the rumours are true. Mourinho seems the real deal and has completely revloutionised Porto so in my view it wouldn't be a bad idea placing Liverpool FC in his hands in the future, and in that I mean as soon as possible.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion