Does anyone really care about england? - Or is it just me?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:13 am

Just wanted some opinions on the England game coming up.
I remember only recently when wed have 5 or 6 players in the squad and the England games were great to watch.
Now Murphy will not play for them, Owen is at Real, Heskey at the brums, Gerrard injured and Kirkland again not in the squad, allw e have left is Carragher who is 4th choice for the country.

This means we will be watching a load of spurs players probably and im sorry but id ratehr just get on with the premiership and im honestly not all that bothered with these world cup interferences.

Anyone else with me or am i being totally unpatriotic?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:21 am

I know what your saying mate, your brave to admit it tho. When Stevie G and Owen were running the show it wasnt even great to watch as you worry about injuries. Although that might be down to our experience with Redknapp over the years.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:24 am

i want england to win of course (just so we can wind up taff afterwards) :D  but in all fairness liverpool always will come first. the fact of the matter is, we'll walk through this group. wales couldn't beat northern ireland at home who had 9 men ffs.

p.s. be interesting to see if owen starts or whether he goes for defoe. i personally think owen will start. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:25 am

This is an old debate, brought up everytime England play.

For me, I couldn't care if England did not even qualify for the next fifty world cups and euro tournaments if it meant LFC winning the league.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:26 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:For me, I couldn't care if England did not even qualify for the next fifty world cups and euro tournaments if it meant LFC winning the league.

AMEN
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:32 am

I love to watch England play! As far as I'm concerned, club and country football have nothing to do with each other. I don't slate Neville or Rooney because there Manure players, they are England players and that's what I care about. Don't get me wrong though, when they get back to old twatford I'll be giving the sh*t and saying how sh1t Neville is and and having a go at Shrek Rooney!!
Last edited by ckay on Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:40 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:This is an old debate, brought up everytime England play.

For me, I couldn't care if England did not even qualify for the next fifty world cups and euro tournaments if it meant LFC winning the league.

well i cudnt care if they didnt qualify for the next SIXTY world cups so there.  :D

nah i cudnt give a sh*t either. i want the reds back on the training pitch sortin sh*t out.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:17 pm

My dads bigger than your dad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:11 pm

Come on Wales !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby the great one » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:38 pm

wats with you people for ****** sake it your country yes we would all love to see us pick up the league but international matches against home nations means somethink national pride at sake some people have ****** national e.g austrilia but u dnt seem the saying yeh ****** intenational matches cus they take pride in seein there team play come on england
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:42 pm

Redrider wrote:Come on Wales !!

??? f#ck wales and butlins sorry taff m8 :devil:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:14 am

Well im eagerly awaiting Australia vs Solomon islands game hoping Harry will be fit and.....................find some f..........ing form :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion