International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:18 am

@rsed.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:10 am

I think Foster should be the England's goalkeeper. Johnson, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole as defenders are perfect. I'd opt for the rhombus midfield with Barry or Carrick as defensive midfielder and Gerrard or Lampard as offensive midfielder. Defoe must plays so the best couple of forwards for me would be Rooney-Defoe.
The Fabiomenal 1

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:31 pm

If fully fit i'd have Hargreaves in the DM position, he was your best player at the German World Cup, and was the only reason you took Portugal to penaltys after Rooney put himself before the team yet again.

Still, your English, so you'll believe whatever the red tops say and worship Rooney and slag the 'unfashionable' players, then you'll blame someone unrelated to the team when you eventually get knocked out. You know it makes sense.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Richj » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:If fully fit i'd have Hargreaves in the DM position, he was your best player at the German World Cup, and was the only reason you took Portugal to penaltys after Rooney put himself before the team yet again.

Still, your English, so you'll believe whatever the red tops say and worship Rooney and slag the 'unfashionable' players, then you'll blame someone unrelated to the team when you eventually get knocked out. You know it makes sense.

That's the biggest reason I hate Rooney so much, Most muppets think that it was Ronaldo that cost us going out and not him stamping on someone's nuts.
Richj

Postby Big Niall » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:15 pm

The key points for England are

(1) Don't play Gerrard and Lampard together in the middle (put Barry in)

(2) Don't play Beckham

(3) Play the best combination, not necessarily the best players, Rooney is much better than Heskey but if the manager wanted to play Owen (not saying he should, but "if") then Heskey/owen is better than Rooney/Owen.

(4) Don't play David James

I'd prob go with Barry and Hargreaves in the middle, SG ahead of them with either Rooney or Heskey up front alone, While Rooney is better, who is better up front alone? SWP on the right with probably Joe Cole (if fit) on the left, Back 4 is okay. Goalie a bit dodgy.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Big Niall wrote:The key points for England are

(1) Don't play Gerrard and Lampard together in the middle (put Barry in)

(2) Don't play Beckham

(3) Play the best combination, not necessarily the best players, Rooney is much better than Heskey but if the manager wanted to play Owen (not saying he should, but "if") then Heskey/owen is better than Rooney/Owen.

(4) Don't play David James

I'd prob go with Barry and Hargreaves in the middle, SG ahead of them with either Rooney or Heskey up front alone, While Rooney is better, who is better up front alone? SWP on the right with probably Joe Cole (if fit) on the left, Back 4 is okay. Goalie a bit dodgy.

leave out Rooney!  :D yeah that will happen.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:04 pm

I think at the top end England haven't had the ball with SG and Lampard in the middle, If you don't control the game you won't win.

Get the best passers to play in the middle. Who? barry? carrick? hargreaves?

Take SG out of the middle, in a free role he is as likely as anybody to score.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion