Do you believe - We can reach the final?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Do you believe - We can reach the final?

yes
36%
no
64%

Total votes : 14

Postby clik » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:49 pm

no we have 22 good players some world class but we have a :censored: manager
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby 65-1149024436 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:56 pm

England have been awful, but we do have the players to win the World Cup.

Yes Owen is back home injured, but we still have quality there. After watching the games, I feel that we are about to click and thrash somebody, it may come against Portugal.

Rooney is still not match fit, but there were glances of his undoubted skill against Ecuador. Gerrard is playing well as is the defence in the way he haven't conceeded many goals.

Frank Lampard will score its only a matter of time with the chances he gets each game.

Brazil will be a tough game like always but with a bit of luck, we can beat them. Thats if we get past Portugal.
65-1149024436

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:55 pm

Everybody seems to think we will play Brazil in the semi-final's. Brazil will hopefully have to play Spain first in what I think will be one of the best matches of this world cup. Whether Spain would prove any easier for England is open to discussion but at least England dont fear Spain as they do Brazil. England have done very well to get to the quarterfinals with only 2 bookings to worry about. With these refs how many other teams will be so fortunate. Suspensions and injuries will become more important as we move towards the final. England have reached the quarterfinals by grinding their way to victory, but better a dull win than a glorious defeat. England would beat a full strength Portugal so they hold no fears for me. Spain/Brazil however is going to be one hell of a stumbling block but semi-finals are always hard :)   Germany will beat Argentina and Italy. England v Germany in the final. I cant wait!
account deleted by request

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:04 am

Its the same every 2 Years when England make a major football championships. the Press hype us up beyond belief, the "Fortnight Flag Wavers" come out in their droves, players talk about 1966 like it was the year before last and not 40 years ago, the radio belts out "it's coming home" and 3 Lions and many start to fall for it hook , line and sinker........ Well not me and if England DO win the thing I'll have my :censored: tattooed with "Be gentle with me Big Boy" :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:23 am

7_Kewell wrote:whilst i agree that England haven't been playing well, i thought (after the goal) the 2nd half was a much better performance.  If Lampard had his shooting boots on, it would have been 2-0 and our only real scare was Terry's miss timed header.  As S@int said, we've not played well and we're in the last 8....for now, i'm keeping my rose coloured specks on  :cool:

Yeh but none of the teams England have played yet have had any real quality bar Sweden and even they are average enough and yous drew 2-2. I think England and Sven have been lucky so far in this tournament, an own goal, some frantic late pushes and relying on free kicks and set pieces. The attack is lacking in imagination and the team is struggling to impose itself and control the tempo even against the weaker sides. I think that England will scrape through against Portugal but i think there's more chance of hell freezing over than them getting past the semis if they keep playing on current form.
Gaunt

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:23 am

Dalglish wrote:Its the same every 2 Years when England make a major football championships. the Press hype us up beyond belief, the "Fortnight Flag Wavers" come out in their droves, players talk about 1966 like it was the year before last and not 40 years ago, the radio belts out "it's coming home" and 3 Lions and many start to fall for it hook , line and sinker........ Well not me and if England DO win the thing I'll have my :censored: tattooed with "Be gentle with me Big Boy" :D

Famous last words, woolworths springs to mind.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion