Boom! boom! boom! - The sound of myths exploding.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed May 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Man Utd are the best team to come out of England in the last 30 years. The best squad, which Ferguson can pick any combination thereof and they are all conquering   :laugh:

Feck off you w@nky London based Man Utd journo t0sspots . They are what they are. A decent team with spunky forwards who have won a  sub standard Premiership this season, largely because we allowed them to. The good Liverpool teams of the past would have eaten them alive, Mourinho's Chelsea would have squeezed them dry, and the Arsenal invinvibles would have footballed them off the pitch Barcelona style. Even some of the better Manc teams over the years would have eaten this lot. Best squad for thirty seasons? Feck off.

Michael Carrick and Man Utd's midfield Knows no peers, they can overcome all and are better than Alonso and Masherano.

Feck off you slimy, know nothing, erse licking w@nkers

They were shown up tonight for what they were. Carrick looked out his depth, Anderson lost, Giggs well past his best. I suppose they did miss Darren Fletcher, I'll bet Inniesta and Xavi couldn't believe their luck when they saw the Scot wasn't playing    :laugh: . They are a central midfield which is made up of decent players, no more, no less. They were bereft of inspiration, not the engine of a Masherano to disrupt, the class of an Alonso to change the course and flow of the game, and not the quality and game breaking excellence of a Gerrard to pull them out of the sh!t. Lucas could have played for themn tonight and fitted in nicely. If you think any different, feck off.

Styling, rotation and the delayed gazelle is issential if you want to stay fresh at the end of the season.

Feck off and don't talk nonsense . What is more important than "freshness", is having a bunch of players on the pitch who know their roles. A group of players who know what they are trying to do collectively, who have the cohesion and the belief to be able to respond when the chips are down. You want blokes who not only know their own jobs, but know everyone elses job as well. You need a pattern, a plan. What you don't do, is try an experimental diamond formation in central midfield against a good team in a European final. If you do that, and you play sh!t, you look like a mug. You look like someone who's ego has got the better of them, someone who has run away with the belief that they are the star rather than the players. The players may be fresh of leg, but they are numb of mind as the whole thing has no glue and falls apart around them. Team spirit seeps away like sand through fingers, ground is kicked in despair as passes go astray. Football matches are conceded.

The sound of myths exploding was deafening during that game, and it was beautiful to watch.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 27, 2009 10:13 pm

bigmick wrote:Man Utd are the best team to come out of England in the last 30 years. The best squad, which Ferguson can pick any combination thereof and they are all conquering   :laugh:

Feck off you w@nky London based Man Utd journo t0sspots . They are what they are. A decent team with spunky forwards who have won a  sub standard Premiership this season, largely because we allowed them to. The good Liverpool teams of the past would have eaten them alive, Mourinho's Chelsea would have squeezed them dry, and the Arsenal invinvibles would have footballed them off the pitch Barcelona style. Even some of the better Manc teams over the years would have eaten this lot. Best squad for thirty seasons? Feck off.

Michael Carrick and Man Utd's midfield Knows no peers, they can overcome all and are better than Alonso and Masherano.

They were shown up tonight for what they were. Carrick looked out his depth, Anderson lost, Giggs well past his best. I suppose they did miss Darren Fletcher, I'll bet Inniesta and Xavi couldn't believe their luck when they saw the Scot wasn't playing    :laugh: . They are a central midfield which is made up of decent players, no more, no less. They were bereft of inspiration, not the engine of a Masherano to disrupt, the class of an Alonso to change the course and flow of the game, and not the quality and game breaking excellence of a Gerrard to pull them out of the sh!t. Lucas could have played for themn tonight and fitted in nicely. If you think any different, feck off.

Styling, rotation and the delayed gazelle is issential if you want to stay fresh at the end of the season.

Feck off and don't talk nonsense . What is more important than "freshness", is having a bunch of players on the pitch who know their roles. A group of players who know what they are trying to do collectively, who have the cohesion and the belief to be able to respond when the chips are down. You want blokes who not only know their own jobs, but know everyone elses job as well. You need a pattern, a plan. What you don't do, is try an experimental diamond formation in central midfield against a good team in a European final. If you do that, and you play sh!t, you look like a mug. You look like someone who's ego has got the better of them, someone who has run away with the belief that they are the star rather than the players. The players may be fresh of leg, but they are numb of mind as the whole thing has no glue and falls apart around them. Team spirit seeps away like sand through fingers, ground is kicked in despair as passes go astray. Football matches are conceded.

The sound of myths exploding was deafening during that game, and it was beautiful to watch.

:D

I cannot believe how much they stood off Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets and let them play through them.  Kinell, the last thing you want to do is give those wizards time on the ball.  How confident are those lads though?  They'll happily show for the ball when surrounded by white shirts and 9 times out of 10 will pass or dribble their way out of trouble.  The Mancs couldn't get near them all night.  I think I'll revise what I send after the last round about Iniesta, BTW.  I think he would handle the physicality of the English league just fine because he'd ghost around tacklers most of the time, such is the quickness of his feet.  He put in a few tasty challenges of his own tonight as well and won the ball each time.  Top player.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 27, 2009 10:26 pm

That fuckin Guardiola fella was a bit beyond the pale, how dare he celebrate winning the Champions League did you see it?  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed May 27, 2009 10:35 pm

Ciggy wrote:That fuckin Guardiola fella was a bit beyond the pale, how dare he celebrate winning the Champions League did you see it?  :D

:laugh: good looking lad an all Cigg :;):

Oh i wish we had money Cigg id break the fecking bank for that Iniesta,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Guardiola was one of my fave all time players.

Well done barca
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 27, 2009 10:41 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh: good looking lad an all Cigg :;):

Oh i wish we had money Cigg id break the fecking bank for that Iniesta,

What a boss night Nan feckin brilliant  :buttrock

Oh and Guardiola is a bit of alrite  :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed May 27, 2009 11:09 pm

I thought the way Barcelona conducted themselves throughout the latter stages of the competition was admirable. The manager seems like a thoroughly decent bloke, and I thought his humility in making sure he congratulated the manc players before getting carried away said a lot about him. Top man.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Barca are without a shadow of a doubt the most worthy winners i have seen ina few years.

But f'ck all this (already OTT misconception an OTT over reaction) united are not all that.
They are a good side with some top counter attacking players but are negative and play their best players (Rooney & Ronaldo) out of position.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 27, 2009 11:28 pm

I like a lot that bigmick post and I agree most of it, but rotation wasn't a key factor today neither.

It was simply skill. Carrick, Anderson, and that bunch of overrated cúnts are no match for Barcelona's Iniesta and Xavi even if they play with a young Busquets in the middle.

Playing 4 strikers at some moments as they did is something that works against a fearful Sundeland, but today the Mancs can count themselves lucky they didn't pay the insolence with more goals.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Barca are without a shadow of a doubt the most worthy winners i have seen ina few years.

But f'ck all this (already OTT misconception an OTT over reaction) united are not all that.
They are a good side with some top counter attacking players but are negative and play their best players (Rooney & Ronaldo) out of position.

Barsa are beatable, as Chelsea showed and Liverpool showed, but it must be done with hard work. You can't go and do an attacking game because quite simply in that they have twice or thrice the Manchester quality.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 27, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu May 28, 2009 12:19 am

bigmick wrote:Man Utd are the best team to come out of England in the last 30 years. The best squad, which Ferguson can pick any combination thereof and they are all conquering   :laugh:

I cant really respond to this as it is the nail being battered on the head ! It wont stop the press though. This united team is still the best, despite being battered by us, and barcelona. The press is outrageous when it comes to united. ITV especially. Look at when they beat roma, the way they were carrying on roma were the best side in the world when united beat them. Roma we are talking about mind. Meh we know best  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu May 28, 2009 12:45 am

Sherringham looked like a kid who had just been told Father Xmas doesn't exist , Television Heaven .....  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:00 am

Sabre wrote:Barsa are beatable, as Chelsea showed and Liverpool showed, but it must be done with hard work. You can't go and do an attacking game because quite simply in that they have twice or thrice the Manchester quality.

I'm not so sure I agree, you can either try to counter your opponent's strengths or attack their weaknesses. I think fergie c*cked up his selection and approach bigtime, but Barcelona simply played the better football and deservedly won. On another night, perhaps with a different team, the mancs could have won. They played poorly, doesn't mean attacking Barca isn't the way to play them. Obviously having a solid defence is a must, but keeping the ball and posing them a threat is also important. Had the mancs played well enough then a counter attacking approach might have worked, but it's hard to score from inside your own half (although Xabi has tried a few times and succeeded at least once)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 am

Owzat wrote:
Sabre wrote:Barsa are beatable, as Chelsea showed and Liverpool showed, but it must be done with hard work. You can't go and do an attacking game because quite simply in that they have twice or thrice the Manchester quality.

I'm not so sure I agree, you can either try to counter your opponent's strengths or attack their weaknesses. I think fergie c*cked up his selection and approach bigtime, but Barcelona simply played the better football and deservedly won. On another night, perhaps with a different team, the mancs could have won. They played poorly, doesn't mean attacking Barca isn't the way to play them. Obviously having a solid defence is a must, but keeping the ball and posing them a threat is also important. Had the mancs played well enough then a counter attacking approach might have worked, but it's hard to score from inside your own half (although Xabi has tried a few times and succeeded at least once)

Getting the ball never mind keeping it is unlikely against Barca.

United also didnt really do much wrong with their team imo, it was solely their tactics.

Yes you can stop Barca from playing and dont have to attack them (that leaves gaps).
Counter attack which funnily enough is how united usually play, would be the best way of beating Barca as technically they will always dominate.
Chelsea almost did it this season, united did it last season and we did it the season before.

I bet you a million pund of hicks blag money  :D  that if that final was played now united would not play so open, they would kill the life out og the game and counter attack.

They were arrogant and believed all the hype, an i am made up cos they got twa'tted !

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:13 am

Totally agree with that Ace, they got carried away and tried to meet and beat Barcelona head on. It's a little like in a boxing match coming up against a nimble little fecker who is light on the old loafers. You don't try and engage him in a technical jabbing contest, you grab him inside and rough him up. Then if all else fails, you wack him in the b0ll0cks to slow him down a bit.

You hustle and harry Barca, let them play but as they get within 40 yards of your goal you make them play ever faster, in ever more confined spaces. When you get it, you hit them at pace and don't commit too many men forward. You frustrate them, hold them and spoil their flow. Hiddink had it and in fairness barring some eccentric refereeing and an excellent dying seconds goal, Chelsea would have deservedly IMHO put Barcelona out.

On a good day, without the selectorial silliness and without the inflated self opinions, I'd back the Mancs to turn them over 6 times out of 10. I'd back us to roll them over 7 times out of 10. The way they play is absolutely made for us, with Gerrard dropping back to make a central three and then exploding forward to support Torres.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion