Boom! boom! boom! - The sound of myths exploding.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:07 pm

I think the english media played a massive role as well tbh.
They hyped up united so much proclaiming them as the greatest side in the clubs history and saying they were going to be the first team to retain the champions league etc etc etc

If all that hype hadnt of happened i dont think united would have played that way.
I was gutted when i saw it was united Barca in the final as i thought the mancs would do what Chelsea had done in the semis but that they would have far bigger threat on the break.

When the tried to match them i was made up.
They got pulled apart and in the end it was embarrasing for them. It was totally one sided in the second half and by then there was nothing they could do to pull it back as Barca were set.
Confidently spraying the ball around and united looked tired after being made to chase the ball so much.

Guaranteed if they played them again they would not in a millikn years try and play the same tactics.

But it was one of the funniest nights i have had in a long time watching that battering  :laugh:

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Spot on Ace.

And I agree that had they played a la Chelsea, the result of that could be unpredictable. It can't be denied as much as I dislike them that one team having more points than us, means that's a very strong team.

However Ace, tell me, as I see little of them. Do they, Manchester United, play that kind of game often?

The little I see of them, I haven't seen them that Mourinho'esque tactical rigourness and I haven't seen them as defending. Have you seen them playing that way?

I have no doubts that Manchester could learn that, but if they hadn't to play defensive for two years, it's difficult to change the mind for one game. There are a lot of things that have to be done very well when you defend like that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:51 am

Sabre wrote:Spot on Ace.

And I agree that had they played a la Chelsea, the result of that could be unpredictable. It can't be denied as much as I dislike them that one team having more points than us, means that's a very strong team.

However Ace, tell me, as I see little of them. Do they, Manchester United, play that kind of game often?

The little I see of them, I haven't seen them that Mourinho'esque tactical rigourness and I haven't seen them as defending. Have you seen them playing that way?

I have no doubts that Manchester could learn that, but if they hadn't to play defensive for two years, it's difficult to change the mind for one game. There are a lot of things that have to be done very well when you defend like that.

They play a defensive pressing game against the top sides.

They did it against Barca in both legs of the semi final the previous year.
Thats why i was so shocked at the change in tactics and feel it was arrogance after all the praise they had been given.

But its also no coincidence that they scored less this season since they have been playing more on the counter attack.

How many games did they win this season by more than 3 goals ?

Not many i would say.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion