Alternative to penalties - Sepp wants a change

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri May 25, 2012 12:00 pm

So an English team wins a major competition and Sepp wants to change the rules. What a turd that man is. A disgrace to his position.

So what alternatives can we dream up?

Someone on the BBC website suggested 'Crossbar Challenge' - Liverpool would win everything.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri May 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Roger Red Hat » Fri May 25, 2012 11:00 am wrote:So an English team wins a major competition and Sepp wants to change the rules. What a turd that man is. A disgrace to his position.

So what alternatives can we dream up?

Someone on the BBC website suggested 'Crossbar Challenge' - Liverpool would win everything.

Imagine if it was based in shots on target in the event of draw after extra time? Actually I'd like to see that in just one game, it'd be entertaining. You'd have defenders going for goal inside their half.

Alternatively you could just play until it was decided ( golden goal). Can see some 4 hour games played at snails pace.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 25, 2012 12:31 pm

i dunno maybe its another case of blatters humour lost in translation.it was bekenbauer he asked so maybe franz was quoted somewhere moaning about something and this was the reply.
anyway penalties are the fairest way possible of deciding a match,the golden goal rule was imo harsh as if you had just started the extra time period and you conceed then its game over rather than having a chance to get it back and stay in the game.penalties are a last resort but at least you have a fair chance.
they used to flip a coin so maybe they could return to that or there is lots of other options like draw straws,i-ni me-ne mi-ni mo,tig or ro-sham-bo or maybe they should just leave it the way it is with good old penaltys.
somebody has to lose at the end of the day and id rather it to be on penaltys rather than some other silly option like a crossbar challenge.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 pm

red till i die!! » Fri May 25, 2012 11:31 am wrote:the golden goal rule was imo harsh as if you had just started the extra time period and you conceed then its game over

errr isn't that what they're trying to achieve? a way of settling a drawn game?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri May 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Play extra time without goalkeepers ! So simple its genius !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Fri May 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Wankathon - first 5 players to cover a rich tea biscuit each wins
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Fri May 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Kharhaz » Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 pm wrote:Play extra time without goalkeepers ! So simple its genius !  :D

awesome.....me like.
Homebooby

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Roger Red Hat » Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri May 25, 2012 11:31 am wrote:the golden goal rule was imo harsh as if you had just started the extra time period and you conceed then its game over

errr isn't that what they're trying to achieve? a way of settling a drawn game?

yes it is but is penalties already not a way of deciding that when teams cannot be separated after 120 mins.
the golden goal rule does exactly that(if a goal is indeed scored) and the other option is penalties so im not sure what your question is.
id much prefer to lose on penalties than a golden goal and would be devastated if i lost on something like a coin toss.
there is plenty of areas in football that could do with addressing and this isnt one of them.they should leave it alone.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Fri May 25, 2012 8:35 pm

penalty shootout is by far and away the most dramatic finale in any sport out there, and for that cretin to suggest they need changing fills me with an urge to punch a cuckoo clock. The man needs to retire pronto because he is walking punchline as we patiently count down the days to the fulfillment of his legacy as the man who sent a hundred professional footballers to their deaths in the scorching 40 degree heat of a World Cup in Qatar just to put an extra zero on his bank balance. Even the IOC laughed off the idea of holding an Olympics in the middle east, and they held an event in f*cking China - a country with a human rights record so bad that it would make Joseph Stalin utter the phrase "these guys are f*cking brutal!"

GO BACK TO YOUR TOBLERONE YOU ***** AND STOP RUINING FOOTBALL!!  :angry:
burjennio

Postby laza » Sat May 26, 2012 7:12 am

burjennio » Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 am wrote:penalty shootout is by far and away the most dramatic finale in any sport out there, and for that cretin to suggest they need changing fills me with an urge to punch a cuckoo clock. The man needs to retire pronto because he is walking punchline as we patiently count down the days to the fulfillment of his legacy as the man who sent a hundred professional footballers to their deaths in the scorching 40 degree heat of a World Cup in Qatar just to put an extra zero on his bank balance. Even the IOC laughed off the idea of holding an Olympics in the middle east, and they held an event in f*cking China - a country with a human rights record so bad that it would make Joseph Stalin utter the phrase "these guys are f*cking brutal!"

+1

Though did they have that thing in UK which we had junior football here in Oz many many many years ago where player had to dribble the ball from centre spot and try to beat the goalie in 30 seconds as alternative to penalties
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 am

Maybe instead of penalties they could make it - free kicks?  :grinning:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 am

Sepp Blatter is out of his mind!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 26, 2012 1:38 pm

i think it was beckenbauer doing the moaning originally and it`s probably just down to the frustration of losing such a big game when you`ve dominated most of it.
but beckenbauer wants to show a bit of the class and humility that bobby robson showed when his england side lost in the semi final of the world cup to beckenbauers germany side. robson didnt go running to his mates in FIFA when he lost.
penalties are a test of nerve and skill and as someone else has pointed out they do make a dramatic finale to a game, when you`ve just watched a penalty shootout you feel that there has been a conclusive ending, when i was watching those games with golden goals or whatever they were called i kept expecting them to play on or something, the game just didnt seem finished somehow.
beckenbauer would be better off asking his strikers like that mario gomez why he missed so many sitters during the game, that was the real reason bayern lost, it wasnt just the penalties that they didnt convert, they didnt convert their chances during the game either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed May 30, 2012 8:45 pm

I'd decide games with a game of Twister, or maybe Top Trumps. If not, then i'd just leave it as it is.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:29 pm

laza » Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 am wrote:
burjennio » Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 am wrote:penalty shootout is by far and away the most dramatic finale in any sport out there, and for that cretin to suggest they need changing fills me with an urge to punch a cuckoo clock. The man needs to retire pronto because he is walking punchline as we patiently count down the days to the fulfillment of his legacy as the man who sent a hundred professional footballers to their deaths in the scorching 40 degree heat of a World Cup in Qatar just to put an extra zero on his bank balance. Even the IOC laughed off the idea of holding an Olympics in the middle east, and they held an event in f*cking China - a country with a human rights record so bad that it would make Joseph Stalin utter the phrase "these guys are f*cking brutal!"

+1

Though did they have that thing in UK which we had junior football here in Oz many many many years ago where player had to dribble the ball from centre spot and try to beat the goalie in 30 seconds as alternative to penalties

Isn't that what they do in hockey/ice hockey?
LFC2007

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion