Alternative to penalties - Sepp wants a change

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Thu May 31, 2012 2:59 pm

LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:29 pm wrote:
laza » Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 am wrote:
burjennio » Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 am wrote:penalty shootout is by far and away the most dramatic finale in any sport out there, and for that cretin to suggest they need changing fills me with an urge to punch a cuckoo clock. The man needs to retire pronto because he is walking punchline as we patiently count down the days to the fulfillment of his legacy as the man who sent a hundred professional footballers to their deaths in the scorching 40 degree heat of a World Cup in Qatar just to put an extra zero on his bank balance. Even the IOC laughed off the idea of holding an Olympics in the middle east, and they held an event in f*cking China - a country with a human rights record so bad that it would make Joseph Stalin utter the phrase "these guys are f*cking brutal!"

GO BACK TO YOUR TOBLERONE YOU ***** AND STOP RUINING FOOTBALL!!  :angry:

+1

Though did they have that thing in UK which we had junior football here in Oz many many many years ago where player had to dribble the ball from centre spot and try to beat the goalie in 30 seconds as alternative to penalties

Isn't that what they do in hockey/ice hockey?

Used to do it in the MSL.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:27 pm

LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:29 pm wrote:
laza » Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 am wrote:
burjennio » Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 am wrote:penalty shootout is by far and away the most dramatic finale in any sport out there, and for that cretin to suggest they need changing fills me with an urge to punch a cuckoo clock. The man needs to retire pronto because he is walking punchline as we patiently count down the days to the fulfillment of his legacy as the man who sent a hundred professional footballers to their deaths in the scorching 40 degree heat of a World Cup in Qatar just to put an extra zero on his bank balance. Even the IOC laughed off the idea of holding an Olympics in the middle east, and they held an event in f*cking China - a country with a human rights record so bad that it would make Joseph Stalin utter the phrase "these guys are f*cking brutal!"

GO BACK TO YOUR TOBLERONE YOU ***** AND STOP RUINING FOOTBALL!!  :angry:

+1

Though did they have that thing in UK which we had junior football here in Oz many many many years ago where player had to dribble the ball from centre spot and try to beat the goalie in 30 seconds as alternative to penalties

Isn't that what they do in hockey/ice hockey?
Only in the regular season.  In the playoffs it's sudden death.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm

If two teams can't be separated after 2 hours + of football... then there has to be some way of deciding a winner.
Penalties are great IMO because they are a test of character and mental strength.

Look at "Great" players like Ronaldo.  Scores pen's for fun all the time but sucks in a shoot-out when the pressure is on.

I'm also a fan of golden goal (next goal winner) after the 90.  It would make it tougher for teams like Chelsea to play for pens, knowing that if they concede they lose.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby cordsally » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:28 am

Homebooby » Fri May 25, 2012 2:32 pm wrote:
Kharhaz » Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 pm wrote:Play extra time without goalkeepers ! So simple its genius !  :D

awesome.....me like.

You must be joking.... :laugh:
cordsally
LFC Basic Member

Postby chocho » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:33 pm

:D
chocho
LFC newBie

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion