Alardyce for engerland - Blimey we ain't that desperate are we ?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Natalie » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:36 pm

Sorry to bump the thread. Just wanna add that I am also in favour of the next England manager being Engliah. If the players must be English then why not the managers. Makes sense.
Natalie

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:45 pm

it annoys me when people think of sam as a mike bassett sort of manager. Sam allardyce uses more technology than any other manager he started the use of prozone which most clubs use now. He plays players in their strongest positions and doesn't have a problem with big ego's. Diouf, Okocha, Djorkaef, Campo. He won't just play beckham purely because of his name if out of form he will drop him same for sg and fat frank and the ogre. Big sam is the man but probably wont get it same reason clough never managed england. He would tell the suits at the fa where to go.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:26 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:
stmichael wrote:can somebody please explain to me what credentials stuart pearce has to be england manager?

he was arguably the best passionate player when he played for england he would do anything to see england win the world cup and i think him with only a few others could lead us to glory come germany 2006

If Pearse wanted England to win the world cup so much why didn't he place his penalty :laugh:

All managers want to win, just because Pearce was firey doesn't mean anything, Souness is too but that doesn't make him a great manager.

As for Big Sam as England manager - he'll probably try get Zidane and Maldini on a one year loan. :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:28 pm

Who's the ex french manager who managed them to 1998 world cup victory. If you want a winner then why not?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:41 pm

if big sam, or mclaren for that matter, get the england job, i'm emigrating and supporting scotland. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:42 pm

Aimé Jacquet
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:24 pm

drummerphil wrote:To me there is no obvious candidate out there.I beg to differ on the English managers nationality.HE SHOULD BE ENGLISH FULL STOP.I take the Scotland revival as an example.Stuart Pierce could be in time (4 years at least) he has all the right attributes i like in a manager .
If i had to pick someone it would have to be Hoddle again,i think if he had been given more time 1st time around i think we really could have acheived something.

Glenn Hoddle! did you not see how badly the national team waws playing towards the end of his reign? and not to mention his man management skills, players under at spurs said that he told them "if you lot were half as good as me we would have won the league" the guys useless thats why he's never won much as a manager.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion