When we play chelsea... - ...who's the most dangerous?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

When we play chelsea... - ...who's the most dangerous?

Terry (Strength, tackling, arial)
No votes
Lampard (Goal a game playmaker)
44%
Cole (Diving freekick getter)
11%
Robben/Duff/SWP (Running, Crossing, Top Notch Wingers)
33%
Crespo (Goals)
No votes
Drogba (Jam)
11%
Traore (Only Joking! Although...)
No votes

Total votes : 9

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:36 am

So me and a mate of mine were having this chat about our upcoming clash with Chelsea and basically (although I hate admitting it) how good they are. One characteristic that really shows is that none of them really get injured, at least not for any great period of time (how many in a row has Lampard played?). So who would you like to not be on the pitch come tuesday night? And to give this poll a bit of longevity, who do think woud be the biggest loss to Chelsea as the season continues. Afterall, if we want a chance of catching them, we may well need a bit of help on this front.

Lampard would probably be my first choice, with Terry a close second. Take away Lampard and you take away their most effective attacking player. His shots and passes cause the most damage and he is the only player that Chelsea do not have a real replacement for. But Terry will completely nullify Crouch and Nando for the whole match, and it is my belief that Cisse's pace will be the only really effective weapon against him.

What do you think?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:46 am

Hiya Ace, theres a real danger in talking up the opposition here mate.

Liverpool FC are on a good run themselves in case you hadn't noticed and in Xabi Alonso, Steven Gerard, Dietmar Hamann and Jamie Carragher we have the players to contol any game. We are so difficult to break down at present and I expect us to come away witha credible draw on Tuesday and top the group therefore hopefully avoiding the only team I personally fear in this year's competition , Barcelona who will top their group and therefore not be possible to draw LFC.

Walk on .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:01 am

Joe cole..this guy always run.run and run. he will keep our defender busy all he time and drag them out of position. he also can make good long distance shooting. he so unpredictable. our defenders must keep him quiet.
darwisigila

Postby babu » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:31 am

Lampard of course. But really does it matter? with the size of their squad, i think they have world class players to replace anyone.

Dalglish - I dunno about Cisse starting with mori. 2 months ago i would have agreed, but since the early games (ecl included) cisse has not been too impressive. I'd like to see crouch start, with the confidence of scoring a classy goal against wigan, I wonder how hard he will be to contain.

If i remmeber correctly, from that spanking chelski gave us, Terry was lucky not to get a red card for rash challenges, I reckon crouch is more likely to make cause them to do something stupid. Anyway I can't see Rafa making the same mistakes again, this should be a good game.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:56 pm

lampard truely class
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:01 pm

Claude Makelele is a danger,not in himself !But his danger is that he will rob posession and distribute the ball into a threatening area that can cause us threats!
All there players are a danger i guess
But they're midfield of Makelele and lampard are the main playmakers!
66-1120597113

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:41 pm

Makalele is injured.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:42 pm

A.B. wrote:Makalele is injured.

Good!
66-1120597113

Postby TheoRacle » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:09 am

From SBS The World Game

"Mourinho said rotation of his multi-national squad was not an option because of injuries.

Argentina striker Hernan Crespo (hip), England midfielder Joe Cole (calf), France midfielder Claude Makelele (knee) and England right back Glen Johnson (knee) are unfit."

Of these only Glen Johnson can be seen as 'no-loss' to the Chelsea side. The absence of Makele, Cole and Crespo bodes well.

1-0 to Liverpool - Crouch in the 25th minute.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football Related Polls