£40 million
42%
£50 million.
13%
F)ckin daft money
13%

Total votes : 24

Postby neil » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:33 am

Ok we're all getting a little excited about the noises being made by the new owners/press regarding all things financial ie bigger stadium and transfer funds. What intrigues me is the size of the transfer kitty you guys expect is to be given the manager at the end of the season in order to 'maintain' Liverpools status as "the best team in the world for the next 50 years" Some people are talkin about buyin Etoto whatever his name is off Barca, thats serious coin.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:50 am

i would be happy if we spend about 30 million and bring in two quality players, what we dont want to do is start off next season like this one with to many new players, if where going to have a chance next season then we need to hit the ground running and imo we`ll only do this if the majority of this seasons squad start, we already have one quality signing in mascherano
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:14 am

around 30 million I reckon. We need a left midfielder, a striker and another centre half IMO.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:18 am

Well, we aren't going to get the Premiership with the strikers we've got at the minute. Anyone agree?

We need a quality striker so thats anywhere from £15m to £25mil, then we need cover for Agger and Carra, so another £7m to £10mil. So we're talking anywhere up to about £40mil i reckon.

YNWA
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:52 pm

I honestly think that the maximum we'll spend will be in the region of the £30m mark. It may a couple of million over or under but I'd be amazed if we went anywhere massively upwards of that figure. It's no secret we need a 15-20 goal a season striker which could cost around £20m+ and then we may add one or two players in other areas but I just don't see us signing 5 or 6 players in the summer like we have in recent years as we don't need them.
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:39 am

:O 30 M quid!!!!

That would put us above Real Madrid and Barcelona!!

To be honest I don't know what to answer because I know fúck all about finances and don't know how much they're ready to spend on signings. No idea. But I guess 30M tops, anyway.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:58 am

LFC #1 wrote:around 30 million I reckon. We need a left midfielder, a striker and another centre half IMO.

I dont really think a left midfeilder is top priority. We have Riise, Aurelio, Gonzales and Herry kewell also dont forget Zenden who is naturally a lm. I think we should be going for a rm more

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:34 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:we already have one quality signing in mascherano

he does look like he has more potential than was being shown at West Ham! The problem is that he's only with us on an 18 month loan so what are they going to charge us to buy him?? I hope we got an agreement on a price when we took him on loan otherwise they may try it on and charge us Chelsea prices (nto that Rafa would pay this). Does anyone know if we agreed a fee following a successful loan?

As good as he is if they try and do us for 15m then i think i'd rather Alves (or some other winger) and a striker as these are needed more than a central midfield player where we're not bad off.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:32 pm

I expect a spree totalling £40m pounds.

A worldie striker, a worldie right winger, a worldie left winger.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:15 pm

tommycockles wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:we already have one quality signing in mascherano

he does look like he has more potential than was being shown at West Ham! The problem is that he's only with us on an 18 month loan so what are they going to charge us to buy him?? I hope we got an agreement on a price when we took him on loan otherwise they may try it on and charge us Chelsea prices (nto that Rafa would pay this). Does anyone know if we agreed a fee following a successful loan?

As good as he is if they try and do us for 15m then i think i'd rather Alves (or some other winger) and a striker as these are needed more than a central midfield player where we're not bad off.

Is he still just on loan though? There have been rumblings that we've actually bought him (to get around this ruling about third parties not being allowed to hold player registrations)for either £1.5m or £10m depending on which source you believe.

Back on topic though and I'd be happy with just the two signings. A top quality striker and a Right winger and no prizes for guessing who they'd be either!

Cough,Cough, ETO'O, cough, Alves, Cough!!!  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:23 pm

Sabre wrote: :O 30 M quid!!!!

To be honest I don't know what to answer because I know fúck all about finances and don't know how much they're ready to spend on signings. No idea. But I guess 30M tops, anyway.

your not suppose to know, thats the point of the poll, if your excited about the transfer funds tells us why. I would personally feel alittle dissappointed now if it were les than £30 milllion, crazy I know but...what the hey  :lookaround
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:10 am

I'd rather we used the money and spread it around buying quality and solid players who will work hard, who can be well organised with no egos, and add some steel to the squad, rather than splurging the dosh on one or two "stars"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:54 am

Don't we get 28 Million from Sky next season, guaranteed for at least 2 season after that? If so will the new owners add that to the kitty or use it to repay the interest in the Bank Of Scotland loan?

Dunno, but with the new owners promising Rafa the funds to make his plans reality, i would be suprised if he had less than 30 million squids to spend. Question is, based on Rafa's cautionary nature, will he spend everything he's given?. I think not. He will still spend wisely. which is good, of course. :)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:31 am

Sabre wrote::O 30 M quid!!!!

To be honest I don't know what to answer because I know fúck all about finances and don't know how much they're ready to spend on signings. No idea. But I guess 30M tops, anyway

your not suppose to know, thats the point of the poll, if your excited about the transfer funds tells us why. I would personally feel alittle dissappointed now if it were les than £30 milllion, crazy I know but...what the hey  :lookaround

I know fúck all about finances but I know a bit how the market of players work. And you can count that if we blare out with loudspeakers that we have lots of money to spend, the Spanish and Italian and for that matter European clubs will be happy.

It happened with Chelsea, who were taken as fools here in Spain because they bought decent players paying them ridiculous amount of money. Half the Liga was laughing at them and the other half wishing to sell a player to them.

What we need is to spot what we need for the squad, then think in funds required for that. Not first thinking on how much we'll spend and then go shopping.

IMHO.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:45 am

another nuance missed
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls