Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Romario v ronaldo

Romario
53%
Ronaldo [Not the fake one]
47%

Total votes : 19

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:57 am

At their peak, who was the better player in your opinion?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:41 am

Tough One this...but I go for.... Ronaldo.
  Romario was brilliant, almost like Maradona at times with the skill and build and Ive seen him score some total blinders. i dont think I seen a cooler head when through one on one against the keeper.
But Ronaldo....the acceleration this guy had wow, and power , defenders bounced off him or were left in his wake , pin-point finishes at high speed ...
:bowdown
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:34 pm

Romario had more than just scoring Goals !Ronaldo albeit a big sloppy clown has gone to waste a top level...What about Socraties and Schillachi!!!Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal

Im still hearing that Goooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll   20 years on!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:50 pm

Romario. Better in the box, better finnisher, Could dribble a player in this  <--->  space far more clever. He was that good, that he could be in a Disco at 5am and score a hat trick the next day. The bástard. :D

Probably Romario has been the best forward I've seen in 20 years of live matches in the liga. Ronaldo should be comparised with the ones like Bebeto, not Romario.

Ronaldo at the beginning was able to make harm outside the box, but inside the box he has always been worse than Romario.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Sabre wrote:Romario. Better in the box, better finnisher, Could dribble a player in this  <--->  space far more clever. He was that good, that he could be in a Disco at 5am and score a hat trick the next day. The bástard. :D

Probably Romario has been the best forward I've seen in 20 years of live matches in the liga. Ronaldo should be comparised with the ones like Bebeto, not Romario.

Ronaldo at the beginning was able to make harm outside the box, but inside the box he has always been worse than Romario.

Schillachi?
66-1120597113

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Toto Schilachi? The Italy-90 hero that afterwards we didn't know much about him?

what about him? He was lucky to make it to the squad that year, he finished some sitters there, but AFAICT he didn't do much afterwards. I can be wrong, never ársed to track him much in Italy.

A  bit like Milan Baros, but in a goal poacher version, a good tournament, nothing afterwards.

As for Socrates, Zico, and that generation, I was a 5 year older and my opinions are biased by that.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:40 pm

:D Ronaldo could do more than score goals too. I remember a lot of Romarios good stuff when he was playing for psv .I remember his partnership with Stoichkov for Barcelona in 94 .....although I dont remember any of them in the final when Ac milan rolled into town  :laugh:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:45 pm

True Mikz. And nice that you remember that final, because it's yet another example of how a Barcelona that everyone liked crashed against a serious team. :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:30 pm

romario is a genius!!!!! absolute nutcase as well. one of my favorite stories about romario was when he was with PSV, he spent 3 years in holland and hated training and was fond of partying a little two much, in the 3 years we was in holland he only learned two words of dutch  the words "not well" (whatever that is in dutch) as he used regularly ring the PSV and say "not well" down the phone and not turn up training that morning lol...legend
Pedro Maradona

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:59 pm

I'm so glad to see the poll going in the legend's favour :cool:
Barca Murph

Postby Mikz » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:27 pm

Sabre wrote:Romario. Better in the box, better finnisher, Could dribble a player in this  <--->  space far more clever. He was that good, that he could be in a Disco at 5am and score a hat trick the next day. The bástard. :D

:D Disco sabre ..havent heard it called that in a long time.

In my day -discos finished at 10.30 pm and yer da was waitin to pick ya up outside in the car

Ya could even dance to a  song called d.i.s.c.o.

she is d ...desireable
she is i ...incredible
she is s ...super sexy
she is c ...such a cutey
she is OOOOOOOO  :buttrock
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 pm

Mikz wrote:Ronaldo at the beginning was able to make harm outside the box, but inside the box he has always been worse than Romario.

:D Disco sabre ..havent heard it called that in a long time.

In my day -discos finished at 10.30 pm and yer da was waitin to pick ya up outside in the car

she is d ...desireable
she is i ...incredible
she is s ...super sexy
she is c ...such a cutey
she is OOOOOOOO  :buttrock[/quote]
:D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:19 am

Disco sabre ..havent heard it called that in a long time.

she is d ...desireable
she is i ...incredible
she is s ...super sexy
she is c ...such a cutey

In Spain Discos close at 5.am, and then you can go to the after hour discos until 14 PM, Romario was the last customer to leave the Disco. How do you call that places in English?
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:26 am

Sabre wrote:
Disco sabre ..havent heard it called that in a long time.

she is d ...desireable
she is i ...incredible
she is s ...super sexy
she is c ...such a cutey

In Spain Discos close at 5.am, and then you can go to the after hour discos until 14 PM, Romario was the last customer to leave the Disco. How do you call that places in English?

Nightclubs
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:31 am

Thanks mate. Remember that if you ask for a night club in Spain, it means brothel here :D

For some reason, they started to being called Night Clubs as it sounded cooler than the typical Spanish word. Thanks for the correction.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls