Lukas podolski - Would you buy him in january?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Lukas podolski - Would you buy him in january?

Yes
59%
No
32%
I don't have an opinion
9%

Total votes : 22

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Podolski tells Bayern Munich: "I want to leave"

Lukas Podolski could be heading to the Premier League in January after telling Bayern Munich he wants to leave the club when the transfer window opens.

The 23-year-old German international was one of the stars of Euro 2008 scoring three goals for Joachim Loew's side as they reached the final.

However, despite ending the tournament as one of the most highly-rated talents in Europe Podolski has struggled to secure regular first team football at the Allianz Arena.

Podolski, who didn't even feature on the bench in Bayern's 4-1 over Energie Cottbus on Saturday, has only started four league games this season with Bayern coach Jurgen Klinsmann preferring to partner first choice striker Miroslav Klose with Luca Toni.

Having slipped down the pecking order the writing appeared to be on the wall for Podoloski last week when it was announced that David Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan would be arriving in January to provide further competition.

"I have made my mind up that I would like to leave the club in the winter," Podolski told Bild newspaper on Monday. "I have already told the management that I want to leave this winter."

Both Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur were strongly linked with a move for Podolski after his heroics in Austria and Switzerland, but Bayern decided not to cash in on the player who would command a transfer fee of at least Euros15 million.

Former club Cologne have first option on him, should Bayern decide to accept a transfer request from a player who has scored 31 goals in 60 games for Germany.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news....cc=4716

So what do you think? If you were the manager would you buy him for LFC?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:20 pm

i think yes, what about you?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:22 pm

I wanted him instead of keane . Still would have him but think he would only come if we got rid of keane
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:22 pm

I would, but I think we have no chance in signing him.

1.) We are broke

2.) Seems like his old club are where he wants to be.

3.) He isn't Spanish  :p .

I can see him being at City, but I don't know how much of a partnership he could form with robinho.
SupitsJonF

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:22 pm

No, average player, if he can't make it into a bayern side he won't make it in a liverpool side too.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koptite » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:13 pm

metalhead wrote:No, average player, if he can't make it into a bayern side he won't make it in a liverpool side too.

agreed.....i think he still has a lot to learn. Although im slightly unsure?
Koptite

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:08 am

Average player? I highly doubt so just because he was not getting games at bayern that does not mean he's average , the same was happening to masch and he's world class . Toni and klose form a better partnership , he's younng and can play on the left and upfront like germany did with him . 10 million should get him but i see him going to city or chelsea now that drogba keeps on getting crocked
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:03 pm

where the hell would we get the money from?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:08 pm

your personal fortune stmike
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:31 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Average player? I highly doubt so just because he was not getting games at bayern that does not mean he's average , the same was happening to masch and he's world class . Toni and klose form a better partnership , he's younng and can play on the left and upfront like germany did with him . 10 million should get him but i see him going to city or chelsea now that drogba keeps on getting crocked

Never rated him, doesn't look like a classy player. Decent on the ball, but not good enough. As a squad player, maybe, but improves our first team not in a million years.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:36 pm

I've voted I don't have an opinion because I only see the lad regularly with the German shirt, not week in week out club football.

But with my not deep knowledge of him, if there's the chance, and the price is not ridiculous, I'd say yes, what about you?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Average player? I highly doubt so just because he was not getting games at bayern that does not mean he's average , the same was happening to masch and he's world class . Toni and klose form a better partnership , he's younng and can play on the left and upfront like germany did with him . 10 million should get him but i see him going to city or chelsea now that drogba keeps on getting crocked

You can't compare it to the situation as mascherano, because mascherano had to come to a new country, learn the language and adapt to the culture. Podolski was playing for a relegated type team during his younger days, most bayern fans don't rate him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:53 pm

I don't understand how he can consistently perform at such a high level for Germany and from a young age and both with scoring (and even his scoring is split nearly 50/50 between right and left foot) as well as crossing from the left, and then struggle so much to get a run of games at Bayern. I think he could be a great player, and that maybe he just needs a change of scenery. Liverpool is probably not his likely destination, and I am not sure it would even be good for him to come here. But I am a big fan of Podolski, and I would be really excited if he came. We could sell Babel if we brought him in, so thats where the money would come from
JoeTerp

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:10 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I don't understand how he can consistently perform at such a high level for Germany and from a young age and both with scoring (and even his scoring is split nearly 50/50 between right and left foot) as well as crossing from the left, and then struggle so much to get a run of games at Bayern. I think he could be a great player, and that maybe he just needs a change of scenery. Liverpool is probably not his likely destination, and I am not sure it would even be good for him to come here. But I am a big fan of Podolski, and I would be really excited if he came. We could sell Babel if we brought him in, so thats where the money would come from

bayern is like the real madrid of germany... they just buy up most of the german internationals... sometime there's just no space for certain players... doesn't mean he's not good enough... things like that can happen... I would like to buy him... certainly rate him slightly more than robbie keane partly because he's younger... and most of the time, german players do well in england... I have a feeling he would be more suited than robbie keane to playing alongside torres... he's been playing as a second striker most of the time... he doesn't get into the space of the first striker like klose... he's there to support the first striker and he's also always there to take advantage of any loose balls and second chances... I wouldn't really call him a playmaker though... but he's definitely a good second striker with a wicked wicked left foot... I have a feeling that if we did buy him he will surprise many people like Riera did...

edit: btw why can't i vote on my own poll?  :suspect:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:16 pm

stmichael wrote:where the hell would we get the money from?

think about it stmichael... if we didn't buy babel and keane we would have the money to buy podolski and shweinsteiger?  :D ... i wonder whether we will fare better with those two... I'm guessing we would!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls