Left Side Midfield (4-4-2)
33%
Kuyt Role
17%
Babel Role
No votes
Alonso Role
No votes
Gerrard Role (move Stevie somewhere else)
17%
Left Back
8%
Right Back
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby JoeTerp » Mon May 12, 2008 6:27 pm

IF our cash on hand is limited, and you could ONLY buy 1 player of the Torres type level of quality, what position would you buy. KEEP IN MIND: the rest of the squad that you don't change would have to stay the same.
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 12, 2008 8:45 pm

I went for a Creative second striker (surprise surprise :D  ) leaving Gerrard to move back with Masch and make do and mend everywhere else. Whether Pennant, Kuyt , Babel and Benayoun would be up to the job of playing as more conventional wingers would be the real problem then.
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 12, 2008 10:59 pm

Torres type quality ?

A "John Barnes" type right sided player.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:48 pm

ive gone for the old fave left sided midfield as i still think Babel was buiilt to play behind the sole striker
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 13, 2008 12:13 am

With Kewell pensioned off, Riise on his way and Kuyt/Pennent/Benyoun/ esentially right footed players I'd say left midfield is the position we need to strengthen most of all.

It gives us the option of playing Babel as a front man alongside Torres meaning we can have Stevie in the middle with Masca. I believe Alonso should stay but the portents aren't good and if a good offer comes in I think Rafa will sell which is a shame because to challenge for the title we need his type in our squad. If Alonso goes it menas we have lost both understudies (Momo Sissoko and Alonso) in little over 6 months. Perhaps Raf intends to blood Leiva for the central role.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:08 am

:laugh:  As soon as I saw the title, I knew it was Joe  :D

If this and that happened, but you could only have that, which one would you have?

:laugh:  :D
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Tue May 13, 2008 2:32 am

Left midfield for me if we're skint, and I'd spend the ten mill' we're going to spend on Barry on Ashley Young (as I think we'll probably have to go to about 13 to get Barry and I think Young would be similar). I'd move Gerrard back into midfield with Masherano and ask him to play box to box, and I'd ask Babel to play up top with Torres. Kuyt could carry on ploughing up and down the pitch on the right, and we mix and match the back four. If as seems likely we sold Alonso and Crouch, there'd even be plenty of left over cash.

If you fancied a little rotate, there are even options and possibilities with that lot which should keep everyone happy.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue May 13, 2008 2:42 am

Left mid for me as well
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 13, 2008 2:53 am

I just don't see why most of you seem to think Left mid would be such a problem. We have Babel, Aurelio, Leto, Riise who can play there. On the right we have Pennant and Kuyt (Gerrard if you like that kind of thing)

Get an injury to Torres and who do you bring in Voronin :D
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 13, 2008 4:49 am

woof woof ! wrote:Torres type quality ?

A "John Barnes" type right sided player.

Torres is a player of immense world class quality and was pretty expensive but also well worth it. Thats what I mean by Torres type quality. I mean as in not a bunch of Yossi Bennayouns and Lucas Leivas but as in clearly top 5 or so in the world at the position.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 13, 2008 4:58 am

bigmick wrote:Kuyt could carry on ploughing up and down the pitch on the right

if we were back in the 4-4-2 and either young or Barry were the left sided player with Masch and Gerrard in the middle would you rather have Kuyt or Pennant in this more of a midfield slot? I think you have said that either or both of crouch and alonso will be gone, so who do you have penciled in as Torres partner? I guess it would have to be Babel if you pick Kuyt over Pennant (certainly it wouldn't be voronin).

What I am hoping is that we have AT LEAST enough in the bank already for one pretty big, guaranteed starting XI player. and then from the sales of Alonso, Crouch, Riise, Carson, (and Finnan) there is enough to go out and by another one with one being a wide midfielder and the other being a strike partner for Torres.
JoeTerp

Postby bigmick » Tue May 13, 2008 5:15 am

JoeTerp wrote:so who do you have penciled in as Torres partner?

I had babel down for that in the original post (I did I just checked I knew I'd meant to put him in). Yes i was assuming that crouch and Alonso had been sold off, although in both cases they wouldn't make the team anyway.

BTW I liked your thing on the other thread Joe about "go big or go home" as far as transfer policy goes. i absolutely couldn't agree more if you had cut and pasted one of my books on rotation. If we can only afford one player, then JUST BUY ONE FECKING PLAYER!!!!!!! (I'm practising my rants at the moment, still needs a bit of work I reckon).

Anyhow, I agree. No more options, possibilities, versatility and potential, we need first team players.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 13, 2008 5:54 am

bigmick wrote:

I had babel down for that in the original post (I did I just checked I knew I'd meant to put him in). Yes i was assuming that crouch and Alonso had been sold off, although in both cases they wouldn't make the team anyway.

BTW I liked your thing on the other thread Joe about "go big or go home" as far as transfer policy goes. i absolutely couldn't agree more if you had cut and pasted one of my books on rotation. If we can only afford one player, then JUST BUY ONE FECKING PLAYER!!!!!!! (I'm practising my rants at the moment, still needs a bit of work I reckon).

Anyhow, I agree. No more options, possibilities, versatility and potential, we need first team players.

JoeTerp

Postby laza » Tue May 13, 2008 11:02 am

JoeTerp wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Yeah thats alright if you get a Torres type player. If you end up with a Veron type signing with our financial situation then are we screwed
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:20 am

i was looking for 'manager' option but you seem to have left that one off
112-1077774096

Next

Return to Football Related Polls