benitez
96%

Total votes : 24

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:33 am

vote on who you think is a better manager
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:40 am

it's already obvious from the brand of football we've been playin and the players we've bought that benitez is better
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:44 am

if you vote for houllier then your an idiot
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:44 am

This is the dumbest question that has been asked on this forum.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:59 am

yeah i'm just gonna ssume that this poll finishes 100% for benitez
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:09 am

What a dick ???

Benitez has had 22 league games in charge and is a young manager. Houllier had 5 seasons and is an old manager.

What a stupid question.

it's already obvious from the brand of football we've been playin and the players we've bought that benitez is better

Right, so brand of football wins you games does it? Agreed... you know what that brand is? Playing to your strengths and not worrying about ****** bandits wanting pretty. As long as its effective and correct for your team, its right.

Secondly, agreed on the signings part, Houllier never made 1 good signing. Hyypia, Henchoz, Babbel, Riise, McAllister, Baros etc etc etc. While Benitez has made loads, Josemi, Nunez and the ever so consistent Luis Garcia. You know what else, all of these signings have had the time to prove it they were all a waste of money aswell... GET A ****** GRIP!!!

For ****** sake people need to get a ****** grip and stop slagging Houllier. People also need to realise that Benitez has made alot of mistakes this season and is still learning the english game. He is be no means the finished article as far as management goes, his signings SO FAR have worked out as average at best, the players i listed above, while i think will become decent players haven't produced yet.

He, like Houllier, has the potential, as to weather he can fullfill it or not is a different story.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:13 am

stu_the_red wrote:What a dick ???

Benitez has had 22 league games in charge and is a young manager. Houllier had 5 seasons and is an old manager.

What a stupid question.

Right, so brand of football wins you games does it? Agreed... you know what that brand is? Playing to your strengths and not worrying about ****** bandits wanting pretty. As long as its effective and correct for your team, its right.

Secondly, agreed on the signings part, Houllier never made 1 good signing. Hyypia, Henchoz, Babbel, Riise, McAllister, Baros etc etc etc. While Benitez has made loads, Josemi, Nunez and the ever so consistent Luis Garcia. You know what else, all of these signings have had the time to prove it they were all a waste of money aswell... GET A ****** GRIP!!!

For ****** sake people need to get a ****** grip and stop slagging Houllier. People also need to realise that Benitez has made alot of mistakes this season and is still learning the english game. He is be no means the finished article as far as management goes, his signings SO FAR have worked out as average at best, the players i listed above, while i think will become decent players haven't produced yet.

He, like Houllier, has the potential, as to weather he can fullfill it or not is a different story.

only you would say that
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:16 am

Houllier bought Diao,Diouf and many other useless French players for huge amounts of money. He had the chance to buy the likes of Duff,Christiano Ronaldo and many others but he didn't.

Benitez bought Nunez,Alonso,Garcia and Josemi. Alonso has been worth every penny of 10 million that we payed. Nunez has to settle in but he shows that he can be an essential squad player.

Josemi was very solid at the begining of the season but lost his composure and confidence, but I think that he will get back to his old form. Garcia has been inconsistant but he has scored the goals, five of them to be exact.

Diao=5 million
Diouf=10 million
Biscan=5 million
Total: 20 milliond pounds on three players now compare that to the four players Benitez bought.

Houllier brought Traore yet could get nothing out of them, six months with Benitez and Traore is playing better than he ever has under Houllier, same with Biscan.

Two total different managers,different tactics,ideas, in my mind Benitez wins every time. I think Benitez is the man for the job.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liamac » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:34 am

I honestly dont think ive ever heard such a stupid question asked

Raffa........ gifted tactician , gets the best out of his players ,
                Quite and unassuming, doesnt go in for the  pyscho babble  that the top 3 do,  makes the team feel a team  and  confident in them selves. So far has bought some good  and  some excellent buys .

Houllier..... what tactics? never got the best out of any of the payers, Blamed everyman and his dog  for loosing,  used stastics  for everthing ,there were divides in the team  ans we all new it , bought soem excellent buys true , but also  some of THE worst in Liverpool history

Whos the best???  MYA@RSE......!
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:38 am

My dad has been a supporter since he was a kid and he is 74 . He once said to me that  Houllier was by far  the worst manager we ever had .........pretty damming verdict from someone who has supported the team for  over 60 years , dont ye think ?
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby charwell » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:11 am

Yes completely pointless topic. Rafa has dominated in Spain with a vastly inferior club financially to Barca and MAdrid and is already showing his mettle at Anfield. I haven't been this optimistic in years. Not wishing to slag Mr Houllier off as he loved us so much but ever since he took Hamann off against Leverkeusen when we were winning, and I watched in shock as we capitulated, proved to me that Betty Bigga Boobies knows more about tactics.
charwell

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:47 am

Let's be honest. It depends on how you measure it. IF the parameter is the 'trophies collected' (-which may be the most significant measurement), then -before rafa deserves being called 'better', he will have to wait until he presents us some trophies.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:29 am

thats the point i was going to make. i like the look of rafa better than houllier myself. but houllier won us 3 trophies in one season not very long ago. how many people slagged him off then?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:15 pm

one is still in a job and the other isn't.

does that answer your question? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:44 pm

Which idiot voted for Houllier?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Football Related Polls