Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Harry kewell - Keep him?

Yes (keep him)
69%
No
31%

Total votes : 39

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:55 am

Sorry if it's been posted already. I for one, and i'm probly the only one, would like to see kewell stay for another season. It's a new season and a chance for everyone too start fresh with a clean slate. I just have a feeling that kewell will come good this season. I think he'll shake off this groin injury thats plagued in the last 2 seasons and finally prove he can reproduce the form he had at leeds. We've only seen glimpses of what kewell is capable of since he's joined but given time to recover from his injury and get fit, he'll nail down a place for himself...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:01 am

Stapo1000, u should have put in another option.

Keep him till till Jan, if he doesn't perform sell him.

That is the only choice as i see it now. would love to see him playing his best in a red shirt, but i don't give it a very high probability. But with Rafa holding his chain? anything can happen.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:13 am

i believe kewell deserves another chance, hes been plagued with injuries and needs to get back into form, hes had the operation hes needed for a while now we can give him a chance to prove if he can do it. I would give him another season and if he doesnt impress then we sell him. personally i think hes going to prove you all wrong and play like he did in his first half season here we shouldnt get rid of him now before hes had a chance to prove us wrong and rafa wont get rid of him yet
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:24 am

Alonso. I agree most of your post. I certainly hope he proves me wrong. I think we should wait and see, for sure. But i disagree that he deserves another chance. A lot of other players on his salary and performing like he did would have been chucked awhile ago. I don't think we should chuck him, just yet, but he certainly doesn't 'deserve' another chance. he's got one probably only because Rafa has faith in him.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:30 am

yeah i suppose maybe he doesnt deserve it too much, hes been very lazy and doesnt seem to even try anymore but only because he has been constantly been hit by a lot of injuries over the last year or so, hasnt had time to become fully fit and had problems that should have been fixed by the operation im willing to give him another chance to see if he performs. if he continues to be a lazy b*stard now and plays badly then chuck him
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:33 am

I also believe that he needs to be given another chance to prove himself and that's what Rafa Benitez is doing. Last season the manager sent Harry Kewell for treatment in Spain and now that the operation is over, i guess he can concentrate fully on having a good pre-season. I hope that we will be able to have glimpses of the Harry Kewell we knew at Leeds to start with... :cool:
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:59 am

I know that he's been injured but I just have lost confidence in him.  I know that he has bucketloads of talent (he showed it at leeds) but i just dont believe that we're ever going to see the best of him in a Liverpool jersey.  Not badly reflecting on the club or on rafa just that i dont believe he will ever be as good as he was in 2001.  Prove me wrong and I'll be delighted but I wont be holding my breath
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby ian_gow » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:16 am

rafa will not let him play to often as it was the case last season. don't dream. :cool:
ian_gow

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:18 am

babu wrote:Stapo1000, u should have put in another option.

Keep him till till Jan, if he doesn't perform sell him.

That is the only choice as i see it now. would love to see him playing his best in a red shirt, but i don't give it a very high probability. But with Rafa holding his chain? anything can happen.

I agree with that to an extent, but if he gets injured AGAIN in the first half of the season would you still want him 2nd half ?
He has been unfortunate with injuries but his attitude has been poor to say the least.
People might argue that him saying he didnt feel fit enough to play was an honest answer and would allow us to play someone who is 100 %, but at that time we had hardly any striking options, and it was letting the club down badly.
But Rafa seems to rate him so anyone the manager wants will receive my support.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:44 pm

keep him for one more season see how beeter he gets if he has a s hit season then yes sell him but what club will want kewell
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:48 pm

The question is not whether we should keep him but instead should be how could we sell him if we wanted to.

Who would buy Harry Kewell based on:

1. Hasn't produced anything near his best form since 2002.
2. Has serious long term problems with his groin (some groin rips never heal) and one of his ankles (ask Jamie Redknapp: damage a liagament there and you could be screwed for life).
3. He's on about £65,000 a week wages?
Last edited by JBG on Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ynwa » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:51 pm

lets sell kewell to chelsea for 15 mill
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:58 pm

Keep him 2 c if he can regain his form because he was amazing at leeds.Maybe he'll mite start tryin now cos zenden n gonzales r battling for left mid places 2.Lets jus wait and see :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:29 pm

kewell is on his way out no way he will battle with zenden gonzales he will go in to the corner and sulk and he has a bad hand
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mike72 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:25 pm

He's had long enough to prove his commitment and fitness...even if we let him go on a free, we will save £3m+ in wages that can go towards a new player next year.
mike72

Next

Return to Football Related Polls