Sylvian Marveaux - Nevermind...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:45 pm

What a gimp. Were Cole and Carroll not injured when they had their medicals? Is this the first Commoli flop? Just as well, I thought we were done with bargain basement players.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:30 am

Maybe he was really messed up.  I imagine they have the technology to really look at players health.  Maybe his groin was twice as bad as Stevies.  If it was as bad as his I wouldn't even want him.  Stevies worth it consideirng he was of the best in the world, but we don't want another like that.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 am

parchpea wrote:Shows the value of the medical team. Think these medics are the same that Hodgson brought in but could be wrong, anyways good work. Saved us a fortune.

Your´re right the medical team is one of the best in the country.

Feck all to do with Woy though, thank WAFA.  I posted an article recently that exxplained that Rafa and Purslow created the new team in response to the high injury rate.

Woy.... give us a break.......  :kungfu:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:49 am

Just been told he,s signed for Newcastle!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 am

Looks like Newcastle offered him a longer deal so he decided to do there instead? There is no news about him failing his medical?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:29 am

Newcastle United have beaten Liverpool to the signing of French midfielder Sylvain Marveaux.

The 25-year-old had appeared on course to sign for the Anfield club, on a Bosman transfer.

But now Newcastle have nipped in to poach Marveaux and offer him a five-year deal which he has accepted.

The left sided midfielder has been Tyneside to finalise the move, which will shock Liverpool who had presumed they had his signature in the bag.

Newcastle looked at Marveaux earlier in the year, but it was presumed they had given up when Liverpool made their move - but that was clearly not the case.

Marveaux is now set to become Newcastle's third signing of the summer, and he is the third French-born player to sign following on from Yohan Cabaye and Demba Ba.

He will officially join Newcastle on July 1st.
Delight

"It's a great coup to have signed Sylvain, who has received interest from a number of other clubs," said Toon chief Alan Pardew.

"He may not be well known to many of our fans but he is a real talent and a player we have been keeping an eye on for some time.

"It's been a good couple of days for us on the transfer front."

Reports emerged on Friday that Marveaux had failed his medical at Anfield, but he confirmed this was not the case.

"I do not want to go into details, but if I did not sign in Liverpool, because there was a contractual disagreement between the parties Thursday night," he confirmed to L'Equipe.

-----

direct quote from alan pardew.

done deal. we've been robbed! :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:51 am

How the hell have we been robbed?? The guys injury must be complex and our medical staff have decided it is therefore not worth the risk.

It's all good and well saying that Aquaman and Carroll were injured when we signed them but the injuries may have been pretty straight forward in so much as they were a straight forward muscle tear that was shown to be healing properly, not particularly long term and healing well.

This guy was seen as no more than a squad player anyway so glad to hear we are not paying decent wages on someone who our medical people didn't think would be fit anytime soon or who saw him as a bit part player in so much as he would be fit sporadically and miss plenty of game time.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:55 am

Waldo wrote:How the hell have we been robbed??

Note the smiley...................slight(massive) hint of sarcasm  :laugh:
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:59 am

^ lol
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 am

Good, we don't need another sick note.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:14 am

Wouldn't want any french players in the side tbh ( racist )

For me, too many of them like to sulk.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:17 am

Good we swerved a sicknote there . That Demba ba failed a medical aswell , obviously the barcodes don't give a sh1t .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:17 am

Thank God for that. Wasn't too keen on him - the bloke hasn't played football for the last 7 months, he'd of been another Aquaman for sure. Obviously going by the comments from the player himself he was holding out for a higher wage or something along those lines.

We shouldn't be looking at Downing IMO, he isn't good enough I think we need to set our targets a bit higher.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:39 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Thank God for that. Wasn't too keen on him - the bloke hasn't played football for the last 7 months, he'd of been another Aquaman for sure. Obviously going by the comments from the player himself he was holding out for a higher wage or something along those lines.

We shouldn't be looking at Downing IMO, he isn't good enough I think we need to set our targets a bit higher.

:nod

If his groin is as dodgy as reports suggest I'm not surprised Marveaux jumped at the offer of a 5 year contract, he must be laughing all the way too the bank.

Be interesting to see just how long he holds up in the prem.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby destro » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:52 am

He is just a French Michael Owen. Give it one season and he to will be warming Manchester United's bench in the hope of stealing an undeserved medal. :;):
destro

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill