Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:17 am

maguskwt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:57 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:09 am wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens now with Mahrez. He is claiming he won't play for Leicester again after they refused his request for a move to city.

Isnt this worse than what Couts did? Where is the outrage  :laugh:

I was reading somewhere that Leicester are well within their rights to fine him an absolute fortune but apparently they don't want to escalate the situation any further because they are hoping to bring him back into the fold as quickly as possible. Apparently the club aren't even sure where he is atm though!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:43 am

EDIT: Wrong thread
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:57 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:09 am wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens now with Mahrez. He is claiming he won't play for Leicester again after they refused his request for a move to city.

Isnt this worse than what Couts did? Where is the outrage  :laugh:

I was reading somewhere that Leicester are well within their rights to fine him an absolute fortune but apparently they don't want to escalate the situation any further because they are hoping to bring him back into the fold as quickly as possible. Apparently the club aren't even sure where he is atm though!

yeah it was in the paper today that he is AWOL. Apparently he is gutted they wouldn't accept the £60 mil offered.  Thing is he did sign a 4 year extension in 2016 so he can't have any qualms about them not letting him go although I don't think they made the decision not to based on football but more about the money.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:05 pm

I'm actually proud of Leicester for sticking to their guns and not bending over. It's not easy to reject £60m either, especially knowing that it might backfire, risking ending up with no money and an underperforming player.

Players however, are the ones that need disciplining. It's not just Mahrez that's acting up, he's just doing what every other semi superstar is doing these days.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 pm

James Pearce reveals Lemar is off and we are pursuing other targets, too expensive.

This is what the club is good at, keeping us on the hook until window shuts when the price has always been 90m and we where never in the race.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:29 pm

parchpea » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:37 pm wrote:James Pearce reveals Lemar is off and we are pursuing other targets, too expensive.

This is what the club is good at, keeping us on the hook until window shuts when the price has always been 90m and we where never in the race.

Thanks but I'm not going to get my kickers in a twist until I see what we do in the summer.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:08 pm

I'm the same tbh.. I'd be more happy for us to be able to keep the players we have adding Keita... any other player would be a bonus with the garbage transfer windows we've had.

If we lose Salah I'll be absolutely fuming.. it will show once and for all that we are a selling club and have zero ambition.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:04 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm wrote:I'm the same tbh.. I'd be more happy for us to be able to keep the players we have adding Keita... any other player would be a bonus with the garbage transfer windows we've had.

If we lose Salah I'll be absolutely fuming.. it will show once and for all that we are a selling club and have zero ambition.

Apparently Salah has said he's happy here but he's missing Coutinho.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:04 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm wrote:I'm the same tbh.. I'd be more happy for us to be able to keep the players we have adding Keita... any other player would be a bonus with the garbage transfer windows we've had.

Apparently Salah has said he's happy here but he's missing Coutinho.

He can always take a Ryanair flight and go visit... Poor lad, my heart goes out to him.  :laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am

We won't lose Salah. People need to chill out, he isn't going anywhere. He didn't go from 'is he Liverpool quality?' to 'he's definitely Real Madrid quality' in 6 months - it does my head in listening to some people, over the summer they were laughing that he wasn't good enough for us (Chelsea reject etc etc) and now he's good enough for Real. Revisionism is great isn't it?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 am

Klopptomaniac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 am wrote:We won't lose Salah. People need to chill out, he isn't going anywhere. He didn't go from 'is he Liverpool quality?' to 'he's definitely Real Madrid quality' in 6 months - it does my head in listening to some people, over the summer they were laughing that he wasn't good enough for us (Chelsea reject etc etc) and now he's good enough for Real. Revisionism is great isn't it?

I tend to agree, it's highly unlikely that we'll sell him this summer, It would be a PR disaster for the club to let both Coutinho and Salah go within 6 months of each other.
On the other hand though the club has shown that if someone is prepared to offer enough money then we are more than willing to sell, if Madrid comes in with a bid north of £100m and Salah starts acting up like say, Mahrez, then I wouldn't completely rule it out. Nothing would surprise me in football these days.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:49 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 am wrote:We won't lose Salah. People need to chill out, he isn't going anywhere. He didn't go from 'is he Liverpool quality?' to 'he's definitely Real Madrid quality' in 6 months - it does my head in listening to some people, over the summer they were laughing that he wasn't good enough for us (Chelsea reject etc etc) and now he's good enough for Real. Revisionism is great isn't it?

I tend to agree, it's highly unlikely that we'll sell him this summer, It would be a PR disaster for the club to let both Coutinho and Salah go within 6 months of each other.
On the other hand though the club has shown that if someone is prepared to offer enough money then we are more than willing to sell, if Madrid comes in with a bid north of £100m and Salah starts acting up like say, Mahrez, then I wouldn't completely rule it out. Nothing would surprise me in football these days.

No they'll stand firm and say they won't sell at any price then in January they will reluctantly say they had no choice and had to let him go.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:34 pm

We are a selling club  :nod We have sold all our top players through one reason or another, Whether it be the lure of a big club, the chance to win something elsewhere or to play alongside the top players but the end result is always the same. We sell and don't replace them which is why we aren't winning anything.

In the last few years the clubs that win the league only end up with a few mil more than we do due to the amount of our games that gets televised. We are a massive pull for the TV. Last year Chelsea got about 5 mil extra more than we did for finishing 4th, Both teams will get the same amount for qualifying for the CL so for this club there is zero incentive to spend 100's of millions just to have a trophy. All we want to do if finish in the top 4 and even if its by the skin of our teeth it is good enough.

There is an old joke that sums us up perfectly imo and it goes like this.
What is the bear minimum ? and the answer is 1 bear  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:48 pm

As I've said in the Salah thread, his numbers suggest this isn't a normal season for him, Real would surely wait to see if he can replicate this over another season or 2 before even considering him.

Additionally, if the new FFP rules get agreed (net transfer spend of £100m) then it would probably throw a spanner in the works anyway. If Salah was Latin American I'd probably be more worried, but he's at a club where he's flourishing and I expect him to know that.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Klopptomaniac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm wrote:

As I've said in the Salah thread, his numbers suggest this isn't a normal season for him, Real would surely wait to see if he can replicate this over another season or 2 before even considering him.

Additionally, if the new FFP rules get agreed (net transfer spend of £100m) then it would probably throw a spanner in the works anyway. If Salah was Latin American I'd probably be more worried, but he's at a club where he's flourishing and I expect him to know that.

Yeah his numbers for a wide forward are freakish, you'd imagine his form will drop off at some point which hopefully might put Real off.
Our problem though is that I think Real are under pressure to spend big this summer, after winning a couple of CL's in recent years I think the hierarchy at that club have come to the conclusion that their current team is at the end of its cycle, I can see them having a big clear out which might include some big names like Ronaldo and Bale.
I can see Real signing someone like Neymar or Kane to replace Ronaldo but I can also see them signing 3 or 4 other players and Salah would definately be in the mix for one of those other spots.
Let's face it FFP is not worth the paper it's written on, it was originally conceived back in the mid to late noughties when it looked like the money of the premier league was going to dominate European football (at one point 3 prem clubs were in the semi's of the CL) when that didn't quite materialise it was put on the back burner.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill