Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Has there been a transfer window in the last 5 years where we weren't linked to Pastore?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:58 am wrote:Has there been a transfer window in the last 5 years where we weren't linked to Pastore?

Unless we replace Phil with someone like Lemar then we will be taking a giant step backwards (and we are already quite a way behind most of our rivals). We need to sign players that the other top clubs want, Keita and VVD fit the bill, as would Lemar or that big lad from Red Bull Upamecano, Pastore wouldn't.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:35 pm

I know. But do you give this reoccurring rumour that has spanned several managers any creditability or is it just lazy journalism?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:35 pm wrote:I know. But do you give this reoccurring rumour that has spanned several managers any creditability or is it just lazy journalism?

Probably a bit of both mate, our transfer committee has probably had a look at him in the past so journo's keep on throwing his name in the hat on the off chance that we go back in for him. Pastore's agent could be trying to engineer a move as well.
If we are going to seriously challenge the top clubs though we can't afford to replace Coutinho with someone like Pastore.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:35 pm wrote:I know. But do you give this reoccurring rumour that has spanned several managers any creditability or is it just lazy journalism?

Somebody at the club keeps ordering one of these

Hence the ongoing rumours about Pastore

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 pm

:D thats a good one.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:21 pm

lol
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:45 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... t-11605478

Anyone know how this lad has been performing?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:39 am

Hegazi, Keita, Mane, Salah. Good job AFCON is in the summer now Christ. Klopp has had a lot of success with players from the African continent so I'm not particularly surprised that we're being linked with these players.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Liverpool's problems aren't difficult to fix.

We need a proper keeper, pay Kasper Schmeichel for 40 million and solve the problem of having a leaderless back 4 in a stroke and we need a proper centre back: bring in Van Dick for 70 million.

Remember how Clemence bossed the back 4?   Schmeichel would perform the same role as well as being intimidating to attackers and is  a bl**dy good keeper.

Van Dick is a major upgrade on Lovren obviosuly but a world class centre back + goalie would transform the back 4, together with Joe Gomez, in fact we could probably carry a feckin' useless left back until the end of the year.

Miglolet and Karius are a combined waste of space skill wise, presence wise and leadership wise so get rid. NOW.
Get me Scheichel and Van Dick and we'll win the league next season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Reg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:20 pm wrote:Liverpool's problems aren't difficult to fix.

We need a proper keeper, pay Kasper Schmeichel for 40 million and solve the problem of having a leaderless back 4 in a stroke and we need a proper centre back: bring in Van Dick for 70 million.

Remember how Clemence bossed the back 4?   Schmeichel would perform the same role as well as being intimidating to attackers and is  a bl**dy good keeper.

Van Dick is a major upgrade on Lovren obviosuly but a world class centre back + goalie would transform the back 4, together with Joe Gomez, in fact we could probably carry a feckin' useless left back until the end of the year.

Miglolet and Karius are a combined waste of space skill wise, presence wise and leadership wise so get rid. NOW.

Been saying this about Kasper the friendly keeper for ages. Don't think it'd take much to prise him away from his current club, although it remains to be seen if he'd come here. I guess he's harbouring a secret desire to play for Manure.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:08 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:47 pm wrote:
Reg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:20 pm wrote:Liverpool's problems aren't difficult to fix.

Been saying this about Kasper the friendly keeper for ages. Don't think it'd take much to prise him away from his current club, although it remains to be seen if he'd come here. I guess he's harbouring a secret desire to play for Manure.

Can't imagine Kasper would cost a bomb either. He's played for City and Leeds. Might as well complete the set and play for Liverpool  :D
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:46 am

I'd give Danny Ward a few games before we go out and buy anyone, I like the cut of that lads jib.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:15 am

Forget it Yakka, Klopps just being stubborn as usual. If Ward was good enough he'd be playing.  We've forgotten what its like to have a top class keeper. Every league winning team has had one (Chelsea, Man Utd, Citeh etc..). Klopp under estimates the impact they have on the back 4 and midfield. Splash the cash, bring in the best, bring in Van Dick then once Keita arrives we'll win the league despite of Klopp.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Reg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:15 am wrote:Forget it Yakka, Klopps just being stubborn as usual. If Ward was good enough he'd be playing.  We've forgotten what its like to have a top class keeper. Every league winning team has had one (Chelsea, Man Utd, Citeh etc..) Klopp under estimates the impact they have on the back 4 and midfield. Splash the cash, bring in the best, bring in Van Dick then once Keita arrives we'll win the league despite of Klopp.

Spot on Reg, in fact I can't remember the last team to win the title with a poor keeper. A good keeper is vital if you want to compete for the top prizes in the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill