Reinforcement Plans

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ray Pugh » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Considering the disaster of deadline day and our obvious lack of strikers I think that FSG realise they need to keep the fans happy by making one quality signing in January
Ray Pugh

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Ray Pugh » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm wrote:Considering the disaster of deadline day and our obvious lack of strikers I think that FSG realise they need to keep the fans happy by making one quality signing in January

They will hopefully do but they wont spend stupidly
Benny The Noon

Postby Ray Pugh » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 pm

That's my point, Huntelaar for under 10 million and no more on wages than Suarez or Gerrard get, isn't stupid money
Ray Pugh

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Ray Pugh » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:That's my point, Huntelaar for under 10 million and no more on wages than Suarez or Gerrard get, isn't stupid money

It is for a 29 year old ! He is on around 100 grand at the moment.
Benny The Noon

Postby Ray Pugh » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Who would you like us to go for Benny?
Ray Pugh

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Who I would like us to go for is a different list to who we would go for.

I think Schurrle is someone we could possibly get

Rodrigo at Benfica is another

Think we need 2

Hooper is another player I think the club will look at.

The club will look at young players highly rated with potential - players that can be moulded into the system as opposed to the guys later in their careers
Benny The Noon

Postby Ray Pugh » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Benny I knew you would say that.
Obviously everybody's personal wishlist may be different to Liverpool's actual targets.
However this is a forum which gives a platform for people to discuss their opinions but I'm sure you realise that too.

One younger goalscorer I would possibly like us to look at is Van Wolfswinkel. He did well in Holland and has backed that up well with goals in Portugal.
Ray Pugh

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:31 pm

He is definatly another player that we should have looked at.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 pm

llorente is the spanish andy carroll, i cant see rodgers going for that type of player
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Llorente is a little bit better than that - he is a very good player on the floor.
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:26 am

Carroll is good on the floor aswell.

I think we will definetely atleast inquire about the avaialbility of Sturridge from chelsea. Whether he comes or not may be down to where we currently are in the league. If we are top 7/8 i think we will have a good chance of getting him.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 am

i'd even take darren bent. knows where the net is and clearly unhappy at villa. don't know what he'd cost though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:29 pm

whoever we bring in has got to be good enough to justify a place in the starting XI.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:15 pm

What about Bonno Wilfried, Age 22:
By all accounts open to a move – Perhaps a time for BR to be brave and get him before our Euro rival do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... n3QOk&NR=1

And the fans love him – LFC could love him more!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHXH-vlVD7s

Not saying we SHOULD buy him, but our scouts and senior personnel should surely be monitoring this guy; surely?

Arsenal and now even Newcastle have shown that if you're brave in the market and have quality scouts then the world's your oyster.

Not sugesting we take any risks either - this guy looks genuine and who knows what he will be achieving in 2-3 seasons time..?
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Ray Pugh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 pm wrote:
Ray Pugh » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:That's my point, Huntelaar for under 10 million and no more on wages than Suarez or Gerrard get, isn't stupid money

It is for a 29 year old ! He is on around 100 grand at the moment.

Benny here is a report from the Idependent.
Ok the story is about Spurs trying to sign Huntelaar but it does mention Liverpool as well.
However the interesting point is that Huntelaar earns approx 60,000 a week at Schalke (not 100,000 a week as you thought):-

Klass-Jan Huntelaar is a January target for Tottenham Hotspur as the Schalke forward could be available for a reduced fee of about £7m during the next transfer window.
Huntelaar has been one of the most dangerous strikers in Europe since he moved to Germany from AC Milan in 2010 but the Dutchman is thought to be keen on a move to the Premier League.
He is out of contract with Schalke at the end of the season and has yet to sign a new one, meaning he would be free in January to sign a  pre-contract agreement with a club outside Germany for the 2013-14 season.
Schalke still hope to persuade Huntelaar to stay but, if he decides to leave, selling him in January would be the club’s last chance to recoup any of the £9m they paid for him two years ago.
At 29, Huntelaar is older than the kind of player Daniel Levy usually likes to sign, as the Tottenham chairman places considerable importance on re-sale value when deciding whether to proceed with transfer negotiations.
But Emmanuel Adebayor and Jermain Defoe are Tottenham’s only senior forwards, and Adebayor will be absent for some of January while he is playing for Togo in the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.
Spurs have looked at Huntelaar twice before — when he left Real Madrid to join Milan in 2009, and again when he was made available by the Italian club the following summer.
The Holland international earns about £60,000 a week at Schalke and, though it is difficult to imagine Huntelaar’s next club making a profit on him, the chance to sign a proven international striker for a relatively low fee is one Spurs will explore.
But they are likely to face competition from Liverpool, whose manager Brendan Rodgers is desperately seeking a partner in attack for Luis Suarez.
Meanwhile, Huntelaar will attempt to damage Arsenal’s chances of progress in the Champions League tonight by scoring against them for a second consecutive match.
Huntelaar struck the first in Schalke’s 2-0 win at Emirates Stadium two weeks ago and his club will take control of their group if they can repeat that result.
He said: “Arsenal may be suffering more in defence than in other seasons but that doesn’t mean it will be easier to beat them.”
Ray Pugh

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill