The departures lounge - who should we be looking to move on?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:39 am

Reg » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:37 am wrote:Lallana is suddenly looking like Studge Mk11. How the heck did his hamstring go, what was his warming up routine etc... I don't want to see him go but if he's crocked then time to move on. I'd hold on to Milner for another season as Mr Reliable.

Otherwise agree with your choices.

I'm sure the club has a list of who will be out this summer, next summer and the summer after, and that the scouts have already been briefed accordingly and looking for suitable prospects.

I don't think Alison will happen, its all been too public, I wouldn't be surprised if RM take him and leave De Gea up in the air!

Good point about the warmup and I don't remember seeing whether he did one or not. Think he picked up an earlier injury in the same fashion earlier in the season. Sturridge MK11 is about right. To big a player for us to be injured all the time so get in someone who will.

Milner still has a year to run so if he stays he stays but imo his fitness levels are declining year on year and he will want more regular matches. He is 32 now so maybe him and his agent will look to seal a deal that will carry him to 35. Just don't think we should be guaranteeing him the game time.

Not so sure we plan that far into the future mate. We have a few players that could potentially wind down their contracts here like Can did. Sturridge is another but the point is that these players have a sell on value that we won't get which will effect spending at some point. I think what we spend is based on whats in the bank and that in turn affects who we sign.

Yeah agree on Allison. James Pearce says we won't be signing him anyway and we are happy to stick it out with Karius which I would be fine with. Think he has come on in all areas of his game and wouldn't mind if he was no 1 next season again.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... w-14297103

The fear that Roma want extra because we got Salah on the cheap made me laugh  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:42 am

Don't know why some are saying we should move Can on like we have a choice in the matter  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:45 am

As much as I see Milner's limitations ( especially when he played out wide), he seems to be the only midfielder willing to put hard tackles in and that is important. Whenever you see an apposition player hurt it always seems to be Milner that tackled him  :) . He is the best player playing the hard man role we have, certainly more gritty than Henderson.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:22 pm

kazza wrote:As much as I see Milner's limitations ( especially when he played out wide), he seems to be the only midfielder willing to put hard tackles in and that is important. Whenever you see an apposition player hurt it always seems to be Milner that tackled him  :) . He is the best player playing the hard man role we have, certainly more gritty than Henderson.

Emre Can is the best tackling midfielder we have but yes I would class Milner as the next to him. Problem with Milner now is that he is usually late into the tackle and gives away fouls which can either break up our play or put us on the defence. His pace is gone and in the later stages of matches so does all his other attributes. Henderson stands players up all the time but is absolutely cack in the tackle and even worse in the air. He does close down players though and is a big part of our pressing game. He shouldn't be a regular but imo ahead of Milner in the pecking order due to that ability.

As a club if we want to kick on from season to season while bringing through youth it makes zero sense to be holding on to Milner. He will be 33 in January which is the same age Gerrard was told he couldn't be guaranteed regular gametime. If Milner is here next season and a regular in the team then it will have meant we did nothing in the summer window.
We have always needed a kante/Wanyama type player and we still do. Grujic is about the closest we have to that so if he is brought back into the set up we would have plenty of grit when needed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Also I think Naby likes a tackle as well so we should be improving in that area next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:40 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:39 pm wrote:
Reg » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:37 am wrote:Lallana is suddenly looking like Studge Mk11. How the heck did his hamstring go, what was his warming up routine etc... I don't want to see him go but if he's crocked then time to move on. I'd hold on to Milner for another season as Mr Reliable.

Otherwise agree with your choices.

I'm sure the club has a list of who will be out this summer, next summer and the summer after, and that the scouts have already been briefed accordingly and looking for suitable prospects.

I don't think Alison will happen, its all been too public, I wouldn't be surprised if RM take him and leave De Gea up in the air!

Good point about the warmup and I don't remember seeing whether he did one or not. Think he picked up an earlier injury in the same fashion earlier in the season. Sturridge MK11 is about right. To big a player for us to be injured all the time so get in someone who will.

Milner still has a year to run so if he stays he stays but imo his fitness levels are declining year on year and he will want more regular matches. He is 32 now so maybe him and his agent will look to seal a deal that will carry him to 35. Just don't think we should be guaranteeing him the game time.

Not so sure we plan that far into the future mate. We have a few players that could potentially wind down their contracts here like Can did. Sturridge is another but the point is that these players have a sell on value that we won't get which will effect spending at some point. I think what we spend is based on whats in the bank and that in turn affects who we sign.

Yeah agree on Allison. James Pearce says we won't be signing him anyway and we are happy to stick it out with Karius which I would be fine with. Think he has come on in all areas of his game and wouldn't mind if he was no 1 next season again.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... w-14297103

The fear that Roma want extra because we got Salah on the cheap made me laugh  :D

Roma are pretty ***** about the whole Salah thing.  And fee... :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm

We should move on Betty the tea lady at Melwood also, lazy mutha.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm wrote:We should move on Betty the tea lady at Melwood also, lazy mutha.

Funny that Shanks...
I've heard rumours from Barca that Betty is you in drag!
  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:32 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm wrote:We should move on Betty the tea lady at Melwood also, lazy mutha.

Funny that Shanks...
I've heard rumours from Barca that Betty is you in drag!
  :D

Ha Ha Ha..............You got me there Matey!  :rasp
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Some have said about Lallana being a shot player, but he has hardly featured this season, and looks rusty as a result. Next season he should surely be better if fully fit?

I know he's 30, but he should have at least two more good seasons in him before we need to ship him out. He does have creative ability and can create chances/ crosses.

What about the five centre backs we currently have.....Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, Matip, VVD.......who is going to be shown the exit door in the summer after the arrival of VVD? I expect Jurgen to offload at least one of them, and I'm betting it's Lovren or Klavan. Klavan has rarely featured, and Lovren is utter shyyte.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Joel Matip      age 26 £70,000 2 Years (2020)
Dejan Lovren  age 28 £90,000 3 Years (2021)
Ragnar Klavan age 31£55,000 1 Years (2019)

Lovren will be the most expensive contract to buy out. Cash in Klavan.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Add Danny Ings to the list...he's done at this level.

Needs to move to the likes of West Ham or Stoke, along with Migs.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:09 pm

I agree to would also send Solanke next season on loan and see what he can do. If poor I'd get rid of him and also Origi.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:20 pm

As well as Ings and Solanke, and Origi, Our midfield could do with a bit of tweaking as well.  Hendo/Can out for sure. We need More incomers in Midfield, as well as Keita, I reckon we need one more top level midfielder who can link the midfield and attack and score at least 10-15 a season. Maybe Lemar, maybe someone else.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:15 pm

We need to replace Coutinho  :D  :D  :D  :D

Big Dom will come good in time , I agree about Ings , maybe Brendan will take him to celtic
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion