Andre Wisdom official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

I think Suarez's brilliance made Enrique's punt look a lot better than it really was. Suarez was running a long way with his head up looking exactly where the ball was going. I'm not saying it wasn't a good ball but let's just say that 90% of strikers would never have scored that goal and it would never have been regarded as a tremendous goal scoring opportunity. I thought Enrique had a really poor game to the extent that I wanted Downing to come on at left back and that really is saying something.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:58 am

havent seen it posted but he has signed a new long term deal with the club.
at only 19 the future looks good for this lad.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 47548.html
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 pm

New captain for the England U21's
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:35 am

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 am

Sounds like a good idea, since both Johnson and Kelly are back and fit.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Andre Wisdom driven to distraction

Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom was forced to abandon his 100,000-pound Porsche in a mud-filled hollow after getting lost while using his satnav to try to find Derby County’s stadium.

The England U21 captain, who joined Derby on loan on Oct. 22, was on his way to Pride Park to play in Saturday’s Championship game against Sheffield Wednesday when he got stuck on a deserted woodland track.

But Wisdom, 20, managed to get out of the car and reach Derby’s ground to play his part in a 3-0 victory.

A Derby spokesman confirmed to media outlets: “Andre visited a local shop on the way to Saturday’s game against Sheffield Wednesday and, being new and unfamiliar to the area, he programmed the stadium’s postcode into his satnav.

“The route provided took him down a less than traditional road, where conditions were also poor. Ultimately his car got stuck and he, along with the club, made suitable arrangements to ensure he was at Pride Park Stadium on time for the game and his car was recovered on Saturday evening.”

According to the Daily Mail, the car was stranded around six miles from Pride Park.

Passer-by Pete Irons, a mountain biker who discovered the vehicle and contacted police, told the paper: “I didn’t really think much of it when I first saw it. I thought whoever it was was unlucky to have done that but I also thought it would be gone by the afternoon.

“When I came back through the woods a little later with friends it was still there. We were all joking about the poor guy who had managed to get it stuck and how much money it was going to cost them.

“To get to that point he would have to have come through an equally muddy section, I have no idea what he was thinking. I just can’t believe he could have got that far to begin with, then to submerge it in that puddle.

“We are miles from any main road and the track doesn’t go anywhere -- it’s just mind-boggling how he ended up there. They came along and took the registration number of the car, which turned out to be Andre Wisdom’s.”

Source: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/16130 ... me?cc=4716

:laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:34 pm

:laugh:

Sounds like he drives like he plays i.e barrel straight on without too much thought as to whats around him or where he's going   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:02 am

Andre Wisdom, eh? The irony is in the name....love it :)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 am

bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 pm wrote:Andre Wisdom, eh? The irony is in the name....love it :)

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:17 am

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 am

Too much money, not enough brain
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:59 pm

devaney » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm wrote:I think Suarez's brilliance made Enrique's punt look a lot better than it really was. Suarez was running a long way with his head up looking exactly where the ball was going. I'm not saying it wasn't a good ball but let's just say that 90% of strikers would never have scored that goal and it would never have been regarded as a tremendous goal scoring opportunity. I thought Enrique had a really poor game to the extent that I wanted Downing to come on at left back and that really is saying something.

Everytime I see this post I keep meaning to reply. I remember the game, the pass and Enrique's performance. It wasn't pretty. But to call that a "punt" is extremely misguided and does it no justice and gets on my tits.

That was a very good pass. I'm not saying it made the goal on its own, Suarez's ridiculousness made the goal possible. But that's what happens when you put good players together... That pass was quality, make no mistake... it was a searching ball from a player who spotted a run.

Suarez asked Enrque to put the ball there, he delivered it perfectly and the magician done the rest. Brain dead on the other side wouldn't have spotted of executed that ball.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:47 pm

StuYesThatStu » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:59 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm wrote:I think Suarez's brilliance made Enrique's punt look a lot better than it really was. Suarez was running a long way with his head up looking exactly where the ball was going. I'm not saying it wasn't a good ball but let's just say that 90% of strikers would never have scored that goal and it would never have been regarded as a tremendous goal scoring opportunity. I thought Enrique had a really poor game to the extent that I wanted Downing to come on at left back and that really is saying something.

Everytime I see this post I keep meaning to reply. I remember the game, the pass and Enrique's performance. It wasn't pretty. But to call that a "punt" is extremely misguided and does it no justice and gets on my tits.

That was a very good pass. I'm not saying it made the goal on its own, Suarez's ridiculousness made the goal possible. But that's what happens when you put good players together... That pass was quality, make no mistake... it was a searching ball from a player who spotted a run.

Suarez asked Enrque to put the ball there, he delivered it perfectly and the magician done the rest. Brain dead on the other side wouldn't have spotted of executed that ball.

Misguided, sh.it some people would say that would be an improvement  :laugh:   On a serious note maybe my terminology seemed somewhat harsh and a tad disrespectful. It certainly wasn't meant to be. I like Enrique and especially his desire to look for Suarez. As I said it was a good ball but was it really a lot more than that? There are probably very few strikers in the world that would have scored that goal. Enrique did well. Suarez made him look brilliant  :nod

Hope your tits get better soon  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:43 pm

devaney » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:47 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:59 pm wrote:

Misguided, sh.it some people would say that would be an improvement  :laugh:   On a serious note maybe my terminology seemed somewhat harsh and a tad disrespectful. It certainly wasn't meant to be. I like Enrique and especially his desire to look for Suarez. As I said it was a good ball but was it really a lot more than that? There are probably very few strikers in the world that would have scored that goal. Enrique did well. Suarez made him look brilliant  :nod

Hope your tits get better soon  :laugh:

They're getting there...

When people stop trying to defend the club for wasting £17,000,000 on a fourth choice centre back then they may recover. :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Andre Wisdom has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool, the club are pleased to announce.

The 22-year-old has committed his future to the Reds by penning the new deal.

Wisdom has made 22 first-team appearances for Liverpool since being handed his debut by Brendan Rodgers in a Europa League tie against Young Boys in September 2012.

The England U21 defender joined West Bromwich Albion on a season-long loan in July 2014, where he made 24 Barclays Premier League appearances during 2014-15.

Wisdom also spent time on loan with Derby County in 2013-14.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion