The sopranos

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby hello_red » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:57 am

From the very beginning to the rather insane ending! Its on More4 everyday at around 12 midnight.
Episode one has just been shown and is as good as I remember it.

For those of you who missed this wonderfull show!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:56 pm

the ending took the p1ss out of all the fans who spent years watching it.

Don't bother spending your time watching it only to be insulted at the end. I won't watch any repeats and wish I'd never wasted my time on it. :angry:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:04 pm

in all honesty i stopped after season 2. its like watchjing dallas or something. ii dont think it was ever as good as people made out. watch murder one case 2 for a great storyline or something like that.

i still say you should all watch life on mars, but if its gangsters you want, try the black donellys on itv, hells kitchen irish mob style
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:59 pm

:oh: BOOOOO!

The ending was a bit :censored: though.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:31 pm

I actually liked the ending.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby hello_red » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:19 am

Depends how you look at it I suppose. I was expecting a more grand finale but they didnt go down that route and just finsihed it as it started.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 pm

ending took the p1ss, I am boycotting all the repeats - that will teach HBO not the f*ck with big Niall :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:00 am

I just watched the last episode :( I been putting the final series off for getting on a year now coz it's my favourite tv program. I never got into when it was on but my 2 best mates are Soprano nuts so I borrowed the boxed sets off them as they came out. I thought the final 9 were a bit rushed and they should and could have gone with the usual 12. Bizarre ending to the whole thing, they kept building it up and up and up and then! Nothing. I kinda liked that they didn't but a bullet in him plus it paints the picture that the FBI were most likely gonna get him on a Ricoh.

I'm just gutted I don't get to watch anymore new Sopranos   :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:27 am

JBG wrote:I actually liked the ending.

Yeah I liked ending  too

Great show for me but like anything one man's treasure is another's trash

Really hooked on the The Wire at moment which is worth a look as well for anyone interested
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:39 am

laza wrote:
JBG wrote:I actually liked the ending.

Yeah I liked ending  too

Great show for me but like anything one man's treasure is another's trash

Really hooked on the The Wire at moment which is worth a look as well for anyone interested

i watched the first series of the Wire a little while back mate, really enjoyed it. One of them shows where not a lot seems to be happening but you end up watching 8 episodes back to back! I need to get the 2nd series.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:22 am

I thought the 2nd series wasn't a patch on the 1st one Scott, stopped watching midway through. Apparently the 3rd series is as good as the 1st so I might have to start watching again.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:38 am

woof woof ! wrote:I thought the 2nd series wasn't a patch on the 1st one Scott, stopped watching midway through. Apparently the 3rd series is as good as the 1st so I might have to start watching again.

Yeah my mate said that as well. I've seen the first two episodes of series two and much like the first series, not much was happening, I get the impression each series is a real slow-burner that picks up pace as it goes. I see BBC2 have bought every episode and they're showing em on Monday nights now. It will do well to reach Soprano heights for me.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:41 am

The Wire is a slow burner and season 2 goes of track a little but I would definatly recommend watching the rest of it, its better than the sopranos. I'm currently watching Arrested Devolpment and its brilliant, its very quick and funny
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:08 am

woof woof ! wrote:I thought the 2nd series wasn't a patch on the 1st one Scott, stopped watching midway through. Apparently the 3rd series is as good as the 1st so I might have to start watching again.

The first season was very chiche. The Sopranos though gets better with every season.

As for peoples views on the ending it was a great ending. It's open for interpretation. Is that too hard for some people to comprehend?

btw The Wire is also on every night on BBC2 season 1 - end.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:53 am

Scottbot wrote:

Yeah my mate said that as well. I've seen the first two episodes of series two and much like the first series, not much was happening, I get the impression each series is a real slow-burner that picks up pace as it goes. I see BBC2 have bought every episode and they're showing em on Monday nights now. It will do well to reach Soprano heights for me.

Hi Scott
Yeah second series of The Wire isnt a patch on the first but it bounces back in 3rd. Ive just finished the fourth and like you said its a slow burn show but I been watching them back to back
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum