The sopranos

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:56 am

i liked the second series of the wire myself. after the first series it might seem as an anti climax as the first series was about as good as telly gets, but there were some great new characters and story lines coming through.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:21 pm

I didn't like s2 of the wire at first. I wanted more focusing on Barksdale crew ect...but it's one of those things where each season focuses on a different aspect of Baltimore while still maintaining the story line. It's a method not used very often in TV dramas but it worked to great effect on the Wire. S2 is now one of my favourates.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Season 4 of the Wire is probably the pinacle of tv.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:46 pm

the west wing, any season pi$$es all over most all tv
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:42 am

bavlondon wrote:I didn't like s2 of the wire at first. I wanted more focusing on Barksdale crew ect...but it's one of those things where each season focuses on a different aspect of Baltimore while still maintaining the story line. It's a method not used very often in TV dramas but it worked to great effect on the Wire. S2 is now one of my favourates.

I thought S2 of Wire just tried to put too many balls in the air and probably like you wanted to see more of S1 story arc

Looking forward to S5 though some say its most disappointing as its bit rushed
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:08 pm

I think the Wire is one of the most consistent shows around. For example if you look at season 3 and 1 of Sopranos the mannerisms of some characters are way more developed later on, not something that should happen as it shows it wasn't written properly in the first place.

I thought S5 of The Wire was pretty good. I wasn't a fan of the whole media reporting scene so some parts bored me. But it has a great ending imo.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:38 am

Check this out, it's brilliant!

Tony Soprano Impression

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-bakkBd0A
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am

Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:58 am

Nice!!!!

Here is a video with every death. Just imagine 6 seasons all condensed into 10 mins. I would have thought it would be more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhFeZZflUj4

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:35 pm

f*ck em all.

I'm still raging about the ending which took the p!ss out of the viewers :angry:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think the Wire is one of the most consistent shows around. For example if you look at season 3 and 1 of Sopranos the mannerisms of some characters are way more developed later on, not something that should happen as it shows it wasn't written properly in the first place.

I thought S5 of The Wire was pretty good. I wasn't a fan of the whole media reporting scene so some parts bored me. But it has a great ending imo.

I just started watching season 1 on bbc2, I have to stay up until 12.20 to do so though :down:

HOpefully they are showing other seasons too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:38 pm

I liked the ending, it left you second guessing and people talking
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Big Niall wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I think the Wire is one of the most consistent shows around. For example if you look at season 3 and 1 of Sopranos the mannerisms of some characters are way more developed later on, not something that should happen as it shows it wasn't written properly in the first place.

I just started watching season 1 on bbc2, I have to stay up until 12.20 to do so though :down:

HOpefully they are showing other seasons too.

Yeah it's quite late but if you have some sort of recorder, Sky+ or other PVR thats the best option. Plus after a while you will have it all stored.  :) Season 1 started a few weeks back so it should have finished by now. They will be going all the way through to season 5 too.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Big Niall wrote:f*ck em all.

I'm still raging about the ending which took the p!ss out of the viewers :angry:

I dunno mate, I only watched it last week for the first time and I watched it back a couple of days later and it's not such a bad ending ya know. They only really had two options, shoot him or have the feds take him down. I sat there watching it saying to myself 'please don't shoot him', it would have a been a bulls..h..it corny ending if you ask me. I like the fact they left it open to interpretation. The way I see/saw it, he was gonna go down on a Ricoh, most of his crew were dead and it was PROBABLY the end of the road.

As for the Wire, I've sene a couple of episodes on BBC2 but the fact they are playing them every single night make sit a bit impossible top follow unless you have a recorder box (which I don't) so i've just borrowed season one off my mate to watch again and then i'll buy the rest I think.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Yeah it's worth buying the box set. Has no one seen Generation Kill yet? I bought the box set of that a few weeks ago. Brilliant war drama.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum