Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:26 pm wrote:Apart from Footy bugger all else on the TV this summer but I stumbled across this one courtesy of Netflix :buttrock

If Korea continues to turn out stuff like this I might have to move there   :D

Despite the somewhat lame title it's totally engrossing   :nod

Sorry guys couldn't find a trailer with English Subs but complete season one with English subs  is available via net flix .

Meanwhile here's a taste of why I'm binge watching this show right now .

Basic plot = Cops recruit seriously hard core criminals to help hunt down serial killers !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ampJZDSKY9k&t=56s

I will be checking that out mate ,cheers
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Haven't seen any Asian movies of real note for a while now.

Caught this the other night on Netflix.  Story line is thin as tissue paper but it's full on Bruce Lee type action. Worth a watch if you've got nothing else on   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Shoplifters !   :buttrock

A glimpse of Japanese life I've rarely seen, a story revolving around a family eking out a living thru petty crime in modern Japan.

A touching bittersweet film.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:34 am

It's been a while but at last another brilliant bit of cinema from South Korea has come around !

Definitely up there with the very best that part of the world has previously given us.

A slow burner that just builds and builds to an explosive climax !

Already Palm D'or winner at Cannes I fully expect this to take the Oscar for best foreign film.

:buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:56 pm

Jesus Reg ,another seriously neglected thread. I thought you would keep the flag flying for our Asian friends in my absence  ?  :;):

Obviously being a sci fi nut I enjoyed this offering from Korean cinema ,I found it to be a subtlety stylized film and although its a format that's been done to death its also a funny and engaging film. Other than that only other slightly memorable one that I've watched that comes to mind is The Closet and more recently the Swordsman.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Been along time since I saw a really good asian movie. Although  much of the last years viewing  was spent digging through the Asian stuff on netflix I found little to recommend.

Haven't seen the 3 you've listed above, I'll be checking them out .( btw I think The Swordsman is a remake ?)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:31 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:08 pm wrote:Been along time since I saw a really good asian movie. Although  much of the last years viewing  was spent digging through the Asian stuff on netflix I found little to recommend.

Haven't seen the 3 you've listed above, I'll be checking them out .( btw I think The Swordsman is a remake ?)

It probably is mate ,but its a rapier like remake ,sharp as a tack and full of all the stuff that makes a decent watch. Did you watch the Squid games mate ? I managed to set aside the time to binge and was impressed. I thought the marble game managed to evoke every emotion and the twist at the end was very sleight of hand ,just didn't see it coming. It's like Battle Royale meets an off its cake Playschool  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:06 am

:D , saw the squid games. enjoyed the promising start but was ultimately left unfulfilled.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:25 am

:D , saw the squid games. enjoyed the promising start but was ultimately left unfulfilled.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:25 am wrote::D , saw the squid games. enjoyed the promising start but was ultimately left unfulfilled.

That's age that fella ,happens to us all  :;):  Looking forward to this Korean series on Netflix

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Just binge watched Korean drama on netflix.

"My Name" only 8 episodes and every one of them has a massive brutal fight ! 

These Koreans really know how to kick ***** !

Popcorn rating 9/10  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:53 am

I binged the first 4 episodes of My Name on your recommendation Woof, excellent. Will finish it tonight.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:54 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:56 pm wrote:Jesus Reg ,another seriously neglected thread. I thought you would keep the flag flying for our Asian friends in my absence  ?  :;):

I hardly watch tv Red, just footy and a few films. Gave up watching the BBC etc.. years ago.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 pm

Reg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:53 am wrote:I binged the first 4 episodes of My Name on your recommendation Woof, excellent. Will finish it tonight.

Glad you're enjoying it Reg. I find Korean tv and cinema to be top of the shop in terms of action and invention.

Not sure if you've seen it but the Oscar winning Korean movie "Parasite" is a must watch .

I've watched it three times and it continues to blow my socks off !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:03 pm

Parasite is an acquired taste Woof and I'm going to watch again because you struggle to keep up with all the many many things that happen! Not surpised you seen it 3 times, maybe you understand it better now.

Meantime, seen a trailer for (non-Asian) The Wrong Missy which looks fun. (Netflix).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum