Man-Utd Vs Liverpool Sun- 02.05.21 KO@ 16.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:33 pm

Form goes out the window in these games which is fortunate for us. They did enough in Europe to go through so can well afford to rest a few after this is out of the way.

I thought the Anfield game was poor and we were lucky we didnt lose the record that day to them. There was no aggression or passion in our lads at all, we barely put up a fight so given that our away form has been slightly better I hope we take it to them.

It kills me to say this but start Bobby and use Jota from the bench. He has a better impact that way and can change a game for us.

An ambitious 3.1 to us  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Well the big one but strangely not as enthused as I usually am. United are favorites and will love to seal the deal and put an end to our top 4 chances. We are having a poor season but would be nice if we can get a win over them on their turf, a little light spark in the darkness.

I think this game will be as typical as this fixture has been in recent times. United will try to catch us on the counter and we will miss a some good chances. Head tell me this will be a 0-0 bore draw or either we will lose. After their win against Roma they will be fully aroused with confidence, something which we are lacking miserably.

If we play Fab in the middle we may have a chance, otherwise we will just get done by them when they are on the break.

I agree with Red, I'd play Bobby in the first half and bring on Jota later as an option in case we need to change things up. We have not got much players that can impact the side off the bench so having Jota as an option can catch United off guard, if need be.

Head says 0-0 or United win, heart says......please lads beat these lot.....2-0 to us!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 01, 2021 7:36 pm

Chelsea’s win today takes them 7 points clear of us with 4 games to go. To have any chance at all of finishing in the top 4 we need to beat United tomorrow, I know a top 4 finish is highly unlikely but given Chelsea’s remaining fixtures (City, Arsenal, Leicester and Villa plus Leicester in the FA Cup final and Real Madrid in the CL) there is still a faint chance we can pull back that 4 point deficit, 7 points in 4 games though would be too much. We’ve got to win tomorrow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 01, 2021 8:00 pm

We blew it against Leeds and Newcastle. Top 4 is gone now.

A week of prep for this game so hoping Klopp has been working on a few things. Shame Phillips is still. Really need Fab in midfield but I guess we need his height at the back.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat May 01, 2021 10:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 01, 2021 7:36 pm wrote:Chelsea’s win today takes them 7 points clear of us with 4 games to go. To have any chance at all of finishing in the top 4 we need to beat United tomorrow, I know a top 4 finish is highly unlikely but given Chelsea’s remaining fixtures (City, Arsenal, Leicester and Villa plus Leicester in the FA Cup final and Real Madrid in the CL) there is still a faint chance we can pull back that 4 point deficit, 7 points in 4 games though would be too much. We’ve got to win tomorrow.

I'm confident Chelsea will drop points but sadly also confident we will. I just feel top 4 is gone, we blew it with our last two draws.

Btw funny how we are having such a poor season yet Everton are still below us, lost 2-1 vs Villa.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 02, 2021 12:41 am

Chelsea dropping 4 points is not beyond the realms of possibility, if they lose against City that’s 3 of them in one game and even if they draw that’s still 2 of them. Their goal difference is 6 better than ours which is a pity but that could change in 4 games time. The key will be wether we can win all 5 of our remaining games which is a big ask given our recent form, you never know though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 2:45 am

:laugh:  your right Yakka, you just never know!!

We need 3 points off this lot to start  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 02, 2021 9:07 am

red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 1:45 am wrote::laugh:  your right Yakka, you just never know!!

We need 3 points off this lot to start  :nod

Oh It’s definitely a long shot mate and we haven’t won 5 games on the bounce all season, if Chelsea’s last 4 games were against 4 of the divisions lesser lights I’d say it’s 100% over let’s all pack up and go home etc but they play 3 of the top 5 including the champions elect and the fourth team they play Villa showed yesterday at Goodison and indeed against us that they can upset the apple cart on occasion. Chelsea also have a huge CL semi against Real Madrid to play and possibly a CL final too which may distract them or force them to rotate/rest players. That’s without mentioning the FA Cup final against Leicester which is another big game they have to shoehorn in this month.
Today is the 2nd of May and the CL final is the 29th, Chelsea next fixture is on the 5th so they have got 6 probably 7 massive games to play in the space of 24 days which works out at an average of a big game every 3 days or so, the possibility of them droping points is there, they are a decent side but they are no machine like City who win’s week in week out.
Would I bet money on us finishing in the top 4? Not in a million years we are as flaky as fook but there’s enough football still to play to not quite throw in the towel yet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Time to show United we are made out of Iron forged from mordor, common you redmen play like possessed warriors, show no mercy, shed some blood, and at the end throw Golum down mount doom.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 02, 2021 3:40 pm

Really need to pull it out of the bag today. Can't lose to these w@nkers
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 02, 2021 3:45 pm

Kick off delayed, United fans protesting against the Glaser’s have got onto the pitch and have even stopped the ref entering Old Trafford. Going to be a long delay by the looks of it, LFC TV’s match-day-live build up show delayed until further notice etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun May 02, 2021 3:48 pm

I just have a feeling we are about to give someone a hiding..

Hope it's Manure!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun May 02, 2021 4:00 pm

They played on Thursday night so we really should have the legs on them in the 2nd half.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm

As well as the fans on the pitch there’s a lot of fans outside the ground as well stopping the team coaches from getting in, this game could get cancelled. For security reasons and I suppose these days Covid reasons too they are going to have to comb every inch of OT to make sure no one is lurking around behind the scene’s. They are going to have to check every broom cupboard etc, this is going to take ages.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 02, 2021 5:02 pm

It's not just clearing the stadium. They need to get the players to the ground safely.  Are the roads clear? Will they attack the LFC coach?

If the game is abandoned then we should get the 3 points. This has been brewing for weeks and it's Manure and Manchester Police's fault this has happened. Nothing to do with us.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games