Liverpool Vs Man Utd 14/10 12:30 Ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:04 am

My most anticipated and favourite fixture of the season. Sadly im not too confident this time.

Mannure have been brushing aside teams this season but this will be a test for them in order to see if they can beat the top end teams.

Fellaini out for them and Mane for us.
Fellaini usually does well against us so it's a bonus i guess. Losing Mane is huge and will affect our attack.

Maureen will display a tactically defensive set up. He will know our weaknesses and will make his lamposts capitalise.

Not confident as i feel their attackers will be too much for our pathetic defense. If they get an early goal I'd say we're screwed.

We will have to outscore them if we want to win.

I really don't know how we will deal with set pieces against Lukaku and Co.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:00 am

It's been a difficult international break for us with Mane getting injured and Emre scoring a worldie and then saying he's 'honoured' that Juventus are interested in him.
Mane has only just returned from a 3 match ban as well so by the time this 6 week lay off is over it is going to seem like he has missed half the season.
This is certainly not the lead up we wanted to a potentially season defining game, if United beat us on Saturday they will open up a ten point gap which could, even at this early stage, prove to be unbridgeable.
Our backs are deffo against the wall here so the players need to pull a performance out of the bag, they need to stop underperforming and feeling sorry for themselves and get their @rses into gear quick or this season could be over before it's begun.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am

redshade » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:04 am wrote:My most anticipated and favourite fixture of the season. Sadly im not too confident this time.

Mannure have been brushing aside teams this season but this will be a test for them in order to see if they can beat the top end teams.

Fellaini out for them and Mane for us.
Fellaini usually does well against us so it's a bonus i guess. Losing Mane is huge and will affect our attack.

Maureen will display a tactically defensive set up. He will know our weaknesses and will make his lamposts capitalise.

Not confident as i feel their attackers will be too much for our pathetic defense. If they get an early goal I'd say we're screwed.

We will have to outscore them if we want to win.

I really don't know how we will deal with set pieces against Lukaku and Co.

The Mkhitaryan-Lukaku combo is looking dangerous for them. Similar to our Cout-Sturridge combo back in 2013-14. Yes I'm not confident as well...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Last year this time when we faced them it was the opposite. We were on form and Mannure were poor. Maureen still managed a borefest and got a point.

I feel Maureen will tell the players sit back absorb the attack and catch us when we are pressing high.
When they do attack at times i can see balls being whipped into the box to their Lamposts. If we want to win we really need to convert our chances. It won't be easy breaking into their defense as they are pretty solid at the back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Just want us to put in a good, strong performance. No mistakes or drama's at the back and just a performance that lifts everyone. Put that kind of performance in and we can win but I think Utd will look to sit back somewhat and use their pace to hit us on the counter and that is my biggest worry because we are vulnerable to it. Think we will be a bit more disciplined and maybe not go all out like we usually do. Would love a win but gut instinct is it will end up a draw. Mane is a big loss however not going to use it as an excuse as Utd also have Pogba missing. Plus we've spent £40m on a player to come in and cover instances like this and it's time for him to step up and prove Klopp right in bringing him to the club
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Doeboy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:03 pm wrote:Just want us to put in a good, strong performance. No mistakes or drama's at the back and just a performance that lifts everyone. Put that kind of performance in and we can win but I think Utd will look to sit back somewhat and use their pace to hit us on the counter and that is my biggest worry because we are vulnerable to it. Think we will be a bit more disciplined and maybe not go all out like we usually do. Would love a win but gut instinct is it will end up a draw. Mane is a big loss however not going to use it as an excuse as Utd also have Pogba missing. Plus we've spent £40m on a player to come in and cover instances like this and it's time for him to step up and prove Klopp right in bringing him to the club

Jurgen needs to just replace Mane with Ox, a straight swap, that's it. If he starts moving Coutinho out of the middle to accommodate another plodder in midfield then we may as well hand the 3 points to United now. It doesn't matter how many workhorses we have in midfield we still can't defend for s[hit] so we may as well pick an attacking line up and go out on our shields rather than getting beat 2-0 in a cagey borefest.
We are not going to be able to out-United United, they are masters at winning games that are non events, we have got to go and win it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:23 pm

I think Pogba is Definately out, and fellaini doubtful. Could go either way. Their danger man is Rashford.
Basically, we will probably create half a dozen good chances, If we dont take them , we will get punished at the back in this one...
We could concede 2,3,4 in this one, if we are not careful and do not put our chances away.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:03 pm wrote:Just want us to put in a good, strong performance. No mistakes or drama's at the back and just a performance that lifts everyone. Put that kind of performance in and we can win but I think Utd will look to sit back somewhat and use their pace to hit us on the counter and that is my biggest worry because we are vulnerable to it. Think we will be a bit more disciplined and maybe not go all out like we usually do. Would love a win but gut instinct is it will end up a draw. Mane is a big loss however not going to use it as an excuse as Utd also have Pogba missing. Plus we've spent £40m on a player to come in and cover instances like this and it's time for him to step up and prove Klopp right in bringing him to the club

Jurgen needs to just replace Mane with Ox, a straight swap, that's it. If he starts moving Coutinho out of the middle to accommodate another plodder in midfield then we may as well hand the 3 points to United now. It doesn't matter how many workhorses we have in midfield we still can't defend for s[hit] so we may as well pick an attacking line up and go out on our shields rather than getting beat 2-0 in a cagey borefest.
We are not going to be able to out-United United, they are masters at winning games that are non events, we have got to go and win it.

I'm sure that is why Ox was shipped here so we rotate him with Salah/Mane. Ox has to be given a chance against them lot.

I would like to see something like this.

Mignolet

TAA   Matip   Lovren  Moreno

Hendo   Can

Salah                Oxlaide
        Coutinho

Firmino
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 am

I know we will probably go with a straight swap for Mane with Ox but it doesn't fill me with confidence. He played in both internationals alongside Hendo and they were the worst players on the pitch in both games so if we are producing a lacklustre performance he will only add to it. Its already taking him too long to fit into the side and if he doesn't take this opportunity now then he never will.

We know what to expect and it will be an aerial bombardment especially if he can get Feilani on with Lukaku. Their Mid is physical and defensively they are sound so we have got to really dig deep and keep concentration levels at the maximum if we want anything from this. 

Atkinson is taking change of this one so we need to keep our heads.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:31 pm

United have put money down to fix problems and we have done absolutely nothing, it will be a hard game.

That said its a kind of alternate universe. Fringe feeling you get as a Liverpool fan. For 95 mins only we are the greatest team ever and beat United comprehensively, only to be transported back through the time portal at the final whistle.

If the portal collapses by 12:30 then we are f*ck@d basically and Klopp like Walter will forever look to open it again  :0  :0

I hate playing United  :laugh:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Our problem is that we have to give a perfect display because all it will take is one goofy mistake to screw things up. Mannure don't concede many so i don't expect us to convert our chances.

If we win we will have to outscore them which will probably be something like 4-3 or 3-2, can't see that happening.

If Mannure win they will keep it tight wait for us to slip and probably get a couple of goals like that.

A draw will be something similar to last seasons games we will score first and they will equalise.

My prediction is i think our lads will be fired up and give it their all. Mannure will be set up well by Maureen and will try to catch us off guard.

I think it will end 1-1.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:19 pm

I've watched a few of uniteds games this season and I honestly can't say they've looked that impressive, against Everton they were second best for a lot of the game but what they did do is defend well and take any chances that came their way. The scoreline seriously flattered them that day and it was a similar story when I watched them against Swansea. The game was a non event but United ended up winning 4-0 largely due to flurry of goals in the final 10 minutes.
They are undoubtably a big, strong, well drilled outfit but I don't think they are as good as City. If we play well we can win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:05 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 pm wrote:I've watched a few of uniteds games this season and I honestly can't say they've looked that impressive, against Everton they were second best for a lot of the game but what they did do is defend well and take any chances that came their way. The scoreline seriously flattered them that day and it was a similar story when I watched them against Swansea. The game was a non event but United ended up winning 4-0 largely due to flurry of goals in the final 10 minutes.
They are undoubtably a big, strong, well drilled outfit but I don't think they are as good as City. If we play well we can win.

They've become a typical Maureen team. Strong defensively and a physical team. Plenty of pace up top with Rashford and Martial to hurt you on the counter. If Utd turn up, we are going to have to be a best, especially defensively and from set pieces. Got no doubt we will cause them problems down the other end of the field but definite concerns with being caught on the counter and set-pieces against the run of play. Maureen's teams are pretty good at stifling you and nicking a goal and then shutting up shop. Just cannot afford giving away soft goals in this game
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:31 am

They will probably line up like this according to their fans...

De Gea

Valencia   Jones  Bailly    Young

Herrera   Matic

Mkhitaryan

Mata                 Martial
          Lukaku

I would have loved to see Mane tearing them apart outwide.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:49 am

No Red cards please redmen. We could do with 11 players on the pitch for the full 90 mins.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games