Spotted in wavertree friday 12/05/06

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Sun May 14, 2006 10:19 pm

Balls to SWP I'd prefer Pennant for half the price. :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 15, 2006 12:13 am

Paul C wrote:Balls to SWP I'd prefer Pennant for half the price. :;):

SWP may be twice the price of Pennant, but that's because he's twice the player imo.  If he moves now he can fulfill his potential and be one of the best players in the country, if not he will go backwards.  Don't get me wrong I like Pennant, but I think SWP is much better.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Mon May 15, 2006 4:08 am

SWP for Liverpool ?? That would be awesome.

I don't really think chelsea would care to whom they let their players goes to cause they are buying the best as it is already (ie. Ballack).

Fingers crossed, SWP will be wearing the reds of Liverpool come next season.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon May 15, 2006 10:43 am

I'm with John on this one. At 5 million quid Pennant represents excellent value but SWP is much the better player of the two IMHO. 15 million quid though is too high given our relatively limited funds.
In the Observer on Sunday which is normally not quite as sensationalist as most and reasonably accurate, they said that Rafa has in the region of 30 million to spend in the Summer. They said thaty from various sources it was suspected that he intends to spend it on Darren Bent (12 mill) and most of the rest on Craig Bellamy and Jermaine Pennant. It's no doubt all b0ll0cks but there is no question in my mind our squad would be significantly improved if we did these deals while offloading Cisse and Morientes. If of course you substitute Wright-Phillips in and take Pennant out, then you just may be talking about a sqaud that can challenge for the title.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon May 15, 2006 12:30 pm

I'm really excited

Cannot wait to see who Rafa buy's its like being a kid at christmas

:wwww
RedWolf35

Postby -Rafa- » Mon May 15, 2006 1:09 pm

Same, I love the transfer window, always checking to see the latest rumors and transfers :cool:
-Rafa-

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon May 15, 2006 6:11 pm

How much is the clause supposed to be in Bellamys contract ?
He is the player that i think would make a massive difference, with his pace, aggresive nature and the ability to shoot with either foot. If we picked up Bent as well and Pennant then that would seriously boost our attacking options.
Bent has had a fantastic season in a Charlton side that always seem to be going through the motions. He tore us apart at the valley in a very forgetable game. Although 12 million would be over the odds, i think 7-8 would be a more realistic valuation.
Like a few have said Wright-Phillips would be a better option than Pennant purely just for goals return and end product, but would we be able to afford him ? He cost 21 million so i couldnt see Chelsea letting him go to a rival on the cheap, i think they will want about 15 million.
I also look forward to the transfer window, and it doesnt bother me in the slightest when we are linked with every tom dick and harry, it makes the papers a bit more interesting when the season is finished.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DavvaMak » Tue May 16, 2006 2:40 am

Igor Zidane...Ian Wright in Wavertree my @rse. I live in Wavertree and it's nowhere near Anfield. It's like saying Kirkby is near Anfield.

well thats just a bit anal... the response was for anyone who didn't know what "Wavertree" is/was. and anyone who lives in or is familiar with liverpool would know anyway.

and besides, the high street to anfield in 13 minutes. 
down the high street, right onto botanic, right onto edge lane, left onto deane rd, right onto kensington, left onto sheil rd, straight run to anfield down belmont rd.

if you want to be pedantic, try harder ??? :p

neil...would'nt like to walk it.

now thats a diferent story :D :D
DavvaMak

Postby Gaunt » Tue May 16, 2006 11:35 am

Just spoted something to add fuel to the flames that SWP might be leaving in the summer. I honestly think we could be signing him now. Its an article about Jose Mourinho talking about his interest in Simao.

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....e+Simao

"Simao could be the next arrival with the Blues coach revealing he is preparing to offload one of the four attacking wide-men (Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Damien Duff) already on the books at Stamford Bridge.

"Simao has the quality to play for Chelsea," Mourinho stated at the Portuguese Sports Press Association awards ceremony on Monday evening where he picked up the Portuguese coach of the year award.

"We have four fantastic players in that position, but one will leave this summer."

What you think? Is he hinting that SWP is on the way out?
Gaunt

Postby The Red Baron » Tue May 16, 2006 11:58 am

DavvaMak wrote:the high street to anfield in 13 minutes. 
down the high street, right onto botanic, right onto edge lane, left onto deane rd, right onto kensington, left onto sheil rd, straight run to anfield down belmont rd.

I would just like to point out,you cant turn right out of Botanic Road onto Edge lane, unless you are walking.If you are walking it makes a mockery out of The High Street to Anfield in 13 minutes. :D
I thank you.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DavvaMak » Tue May 16, 2006 5:33 pm

The Red Baron wrote:I would just like to point out,you cant turn right out of Botanic Road onto Edge lane, unless you are walking.If you are walking it makes a mockery out of The High Street to Anfield in 13 minutes. :D
I thank you.

ok, a left then quick u-turn... :D

even if you carried on to holt rd, it wouldn't add that much time
Last edited by DavvaMak on Tue May 16, 2006 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavvaMak

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 pm

SWP has always been overrated, the fee Chelsea paid was ridiculous, Wenger was right when he said they paid twice as much as he is worth. Don’t get me wrong he is a decent player with a lot of strengths but he has major weaknesses as well, have you seen his first touch? Too hit and run for me and a really poor passer, has found himself as last choice winger for Chelsea because he cant play in an advanced team with advanced tactics and he isn’t that special so that can be overlooked.

If the fee was less than 10 Mil then I would consider him, but in reality I don’t think Chelsea will sell to us and I don’t think Rafa sees him as a realistic possibility.

I will stick my neck out again and say that he won’t come and Rafa wont try.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue May 16, 2006 11:35 pm

The Red Baron wrote:
DavvaMak wrote:the high street to anfield in 13 minutes. 

I would just like to point out,you cant turn right out of Botanic Road onto Edge lane, unless you are walking.If you are walking it makes a mockery out of The High Street to Anfield in 13 minutes. :D
I thank you.

what the hell IS this?? battle of the b.loody cabbies??  :laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill