New additions

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Jamie Carragher is quoted in this article as saying Liverpool needs two or three top class players to be real title contenders. They have been linked with the likes of Joe Cole and Kenwyne Jones and have signed Jovanovic - but who would people like to see Benitez splash the cash on in the summer? I think strikers are a real priority so maybe Huntelaar and Dzeko from Wolfsburgh.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Aussie Style » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:04 pm

No money mate. However for the sake of your thread I will allow myself to dream while trying to remain reasonably realistic. I would like to see Taiwo from Marseille for LB, Kjaer from Palermo or Micah Richards from City CB/RB, Turan from Galatasaray LM, Lukaku from Anderlecht, he will be a world class striker and Sergio 'Kun' Aguero from Atleti to partner Torres of course :p
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I've given up dreaming, its a complete waste of time.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:39 pm

So we've got Jovanovic and are still (apparently) in the running to sign Chamakh. Maybe neither are what you would call "world class" but they would add options to the squad without costing us a transfer fee. Jovanovic and Chamakh would add wide and attacking options to the squad and mean Rafa can focus on a top class centre mid, a centre half and another full back.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 pm

realistically, the summer is about getting the best we can get, for absolutely nothing.

freebies.

unless we win the mickey mouse league, or that money from standard chartered goes to the transfer fund rather than to slashing the debt, i have no doubt that we are not going to see anyone come in over the summer that will get our panties in a twist. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Jo Cole's best years are past him but he could probably still add something to the squad. Doubt he would want to come here though.

Realistically I can't see us splashing the cash on anyone if we don't get that 100Mil investment. If that happens I would expect Rafa to go for several free players. Hopefully Jovanovich isn't the start of a trend.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:36 am

If we could get Joe cole and Chamach for free then hopefully if Rafa is given any money he would be able to make one big signing in the 20 million pound bracket.
leep33

Postby centarec » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:51 am

Arda Turan and Marek Hamsik for me  :bowdown
centarec

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:54 am

I agree that it is going to have to be bargain basement shopping - the names i mentioned at the top were my dream signings rather than realistic ones - realised i did not make that clear. Its crazy that despite there being no money at Anfield - which is a well-known fact - the club continue being linked with players in the media, like rumours about Simon Kjaer from Palermo. I would be happy with Joe Cole on a free and also Chamakh.
Yossi_Benaloon

Return to The Rumour Mill