Gary cahill

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby greenred » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Full name:Gary James Cahill
Date of birth:19 December 1985 (1985-12-19) (age 25)
Place of birth::Sheffield, England
Height:1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position:Defender

Opinion:It's quite obvious that he's a class defender but I don't think we need another.In saying that,I wouldn't mind him.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:09 pm

greenred wrote:but I don't think we need another

justify that comment please.

IMO, Kyrgiakos is an able back-up but he isn't young anymore and contract expires this season. there are no signs of any extension.

Carragher continues to defies the odds but there's only so much his body can take and he will probably either retire or turn into a bit part player within 2 seasons.

Skrtel is prone to occasional lapses and numerous times the referee has missed some of his fouls on other player.

Agger is consistently injured hence the latter is unreliable due to fitness issues. while i'm not advocating selling Agger, his fitness issues casts doubt into his future here.

Martin Kelly could play there as well but should our left back issue not be resolved, he would have to play on the right while Johnson is on the left. even if the left back issue is sorted, Kelly would probably continue to play second fiddle to Johnson on the right. i can't say much about Danny Wilson as i've not seen much of him.

though it might seem like a cluster-fest to have another central defender, we would definitely need on in the near future and i reckon the best time to buy him is now as Bolton are in a poor financial position and other clubs are sniffing around him. furthermore, in time he should establish himself as one of the first choice central defenders in the England team hence his price will naturally sky rocket.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:48 pm

greenred wrote:Full name:Gary James Cahill
Date of birth:19 December 1985 (1985-12-19) (age 25)
Place of birth::Sheffield, England
Height:1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position:Defender

Opinion:It's quite obvious that he's a class defender but I don't think we need another.In saying that,I wouldn't mind him.

We need a CB, Skrtel is not good enough in the long term, Agger is too injury prone, Kyriagkos is average and Carragher is getting old.

Gary Cahill is a class CB
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:55 pm

I'd take Cahill every day, hopefully we do sign him in the summer

I genuinely think Kenny will be a massive lure in pulling players into this club
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Return to The Rumour Mill