Doing the copa - Did anyone else see this?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:53 am

I was watching the Copa America last night and first up was Chile vs. Ecuador. At the beginning there was a bit of a mess-up, some sort of delay before the Chilean National Anthem kicked in. The cameras were panning around the ground showing verious fans and flags. Anyway, while this was going on, the Camera hit one of the pricier sections and caught a glimpse, i'm sure of it, of about 5 middleaged men wearing green Liverpool sweaters! A bunch of our scouts surely! But who would they have been watching? Mark Gonzales was playing, but they would already know what he can do, so who were they looking at? Maybe Rafa was looking at that Ecuadorian player called Benitez?

Did anyone else see this 3rd Eye? Does anyone know who they were scouting?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:59 am

Don't scouts generally attend games incognito?

Bringing attention to yourself in the crowd completely defeats the object, particularly if a game is televised. Scouting is about checking out a player and beating other teams to the punch if he's one worth taking a punt on.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:33 am

The Ace1983 wrote:I was watching the Copa America last night and first up was Chile vs. Ecuador. At the beginning there was a bit of a mess-up, some sort of delay before the Chilean National Anthem kicked in. The cameras were panning around the ground showing verious fans and flags. Anyway, while this was going on, the Camera hit one of the pricier sections and caught a glimpse, i'm sure of it, of about 5 middleaged men wearing green Liverpool sweaters! A bunch of our scouts surely! But who would they have been watching? Mark Gonzales was playing, but they would already know what he can do, so who were they looking at? Maybe Rafa was looking at that Ecuadorian player called Benitez?

As El Stinger may confirm, the Chilean Keeper Claudio Bravo is worth a look, and Liverpool have first option for him. A great keeper.

(Hope he didn't receive 5 goals yesterday, I didn't watch the match, but the lad is good :) )
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:40 am

Sabre wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:I was watching the Copa America last night and first up was Chile vs. Ecuador. At the beginning there was a bit of a mess-up, some sort of delay before the Chilean National Anthem kicked in. The cameras were panning around the ground showing verious fans and flags. Anyway, while this was going on, the Camera hit one of the pricier sections and caught a glimpse, i'm sure of it, of about 5 middleaged men wearing green Liverpool sweaters! A bunch of our scouts surely! But who would they have been watching? Mark Gonzales was playing, but they would already know what he can do, so who were they looking at? Maybe Rafa was looking at that Ecuadorian player called Benitez?

As El Stinger may confirm, the Chilean Keeper Claudio Bravo is worth a look, and Liverpool have first option for him. A great keeper.

(Hope he didn't receive 5 goals yesterday, I didn't watch the match, but the lad is good :) )

Just what we are short of..... another goalkeeper. I am begining to think Badbob was right! :D
account deleted by request

Postby destro » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:49 am

Its all part of Rafa's master plan, send people wearing Liverpool sweaters to watch games involving players we have no interest in, then sit back and watch our rivals snap up all the players and waste what little money they have left fearing we will sign them when really we are watching players in erm other places ,playing in other games  :wwww
destro

Postby Bammo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:13 pm

destro wrote:Its all part of Rafa's master plan, send people wearing Liverpool sweaters to watch games involving players we have no interest in, then sit back and watch our rivals snap up all the players and waste what little money they have left fearing we will sign them when really we are watching players in erm other places ,playing in other games  :wwww

Expect Chelsea to bid £15m for each within the week  :D
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Mick-o dywer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:28 pm

Castillo - He is magic.... he is direct , with lots of flair , i cant honestly think of a player in recent months that scared the opposition defence so much .......take a look at him, he plays for olmypicacos (cant spell) mexican , well worth keeping on an eye on him .....posted on him in the world class players thread in the main forum
Mick-o dywer

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Mick-o dywer wrote:Castillo - He is magic.... he is direct , with lots of flair , i cant honestly think of a player in recent months that scared the opposition defence so much .......take a look at him, he plays for olmypicacos (cant spell) mexican , well worth keeping on an eye on him .....posted on him in the world class players thread in the main forum

erm what does he have to do with chile vs ecuador match??  ???
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mick-o dywer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:13 pm

i stayed up  last night longer than you  :p

mexico v brasil was a great match where Castillo terrorised alex and juan
Last edited by Mick-o dywer on Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick-o dywer

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:56 pm

Copa America .. great skills on dislay !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill