Daniele bonera - Report on ssn

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:04 pm

A transfer scramble for Parma's Daniele Bonera is anticipated this summer, and Liverpool reportedly remain in pole position to sign the impressive defender.

The Reds had a €7 million bid rejected for the centre back in September, and were also linked with a move in January when they were reputedly close to clinching a deal for the Gialloblu star.

If Parma opt to part with their star stopper than they can expect to receive an avalanche of offers, with the Italian media speculating that Juventus, Internazionale, Roma and Palermo are all keen on the Italian international.

Bonera's current deal at Stadio Ennio Tardini expires in 2007 and if they are to maximise his financial value in the transfer market then they would have to auction him off in June.

Parma would be loath to lose the highly rated defender, and Liverpool signed Daniel Agger in January with Gabriel Paletta set to arrive in the summer, but The Reds reportedly remain top of the pile should they decide to pursue Bonera when the transfer window opens.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:46 pm

Can't say i have ever seen him play, who is he similar to in the way he plays?
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:40 pm

ste123lfc wrote:Can't say i have ever seen him play, who is he similar to in the way he plays?

He is very similar to his fellow country man nesta! He has very similar qualities to nesta, but Bonera can play right back too.

I don't think we are going to get him because we already have enough defenders
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:56 am

metalhead wrote:
ste123lfc wrote:Can't say i have ever seen him play, who is he similar to in the way he plays?

He is very similar to his fellow country man nesta! He has very similar qualities to nesta, but Bonera can play right back too.

I don't think we are going to get him because we already have enough defenders

I think Paletta will take a season at least to adjust to the Premiership.

We still need a quality CB as cover for the short-term, IMHO.

The scenario where JC or Sami pick up and injury, and the other gets a ban, would leave us mor ethan a little exposed, if you ask me.

Paletta's only 20, and will need time.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:08 am

Besides Paletta... Lando, have you forgot about Agger? He has looked the goods so far. Yes, I agree he is also very young but if they are good enough, their old enough!
PCG77

Postby anti-hero » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:00 am

It would be great if Bonera decides to move to Anfield.

It wouldnt hurt to have another player like Carragher who's adept at playing center back and right back.

If there's competition for places in midfield and in attack (although its pretty weak there) shouldnt there be a healthy competition for places in defence as well?

In my opinion, there should be no guarantee for a place in the squad for any player in a good team.

With Hyypia, Carragher, Riise, Finnan, Warnock, Palleta, Kromkamp, Agger, Traore and hopefully, Bonera, Liverpool might have a frightening, championship winning defence with ample depth and a fresh pair of legs every other match. :D

Hopefully.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:37 am

PCG77 wrote:Besides Paletta... Lando, have you forgot about Agger? He has looked the goods so far. Yes, I agree he is also very young but if they are good enough, their old enough!

No mate - I meant if Carra and Sami were both unavailable (it will happen at some point), we'd be left with a 20 year-old and a 21 year-old at centre defence.

Agger has taken a while to adjust, and came with a good reputation from a similar league.
Paletta is younger, and plays in a less-physical league. He will take at least a year to acclimatise, IMHO.

I think that CB pairing would leave us exposed next season, purely through a lack of experience and adjustment.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:36 am

But is a player that's playing first team football in Serie A be willing to deputise in the Premiership and let's face it, the only way he'll get into the team is if Sami or Jamie get injured, unless we play three at the back. I'd like him, he looks ok and could become top notch, but I can't see him coming unless we do alter our style.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouse cockny » Thu May 04, 2006 8:28 am

not that its important but he is a ledgend on football managaer 2006
scouse cockny

Postby joko » Thu May 04, 2006 11:08 am

www.sportnetwork.com

Parma’s Daniele Bonera refused to confirm or deny his much reported move away from Serie A yesterday, Liverpool, Inter, AC Milan and Juventus are all said to be interested in tempting the defender away from Parma.

And his performances for his club side have thrust him to international attention just weeks before the World cup begins.

But all that the player would state was:

“I really know nothing about the stories.

“As far as I am concerned, all I can do from now on is end this season well.

“I’ll continue to dream but I will also be keeping my feet on the ground.”
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Mon May 08, 2006 3:14 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread so thought i'd tag my request to the bottom of this one and hope it gets viewed.

I'm going to Milan this weekend on a stag party- we've got tickets to watch the AC Milan vs Roma game on Sunday (i don't think i'll be wearing my Liverpol shirt on this occasion) but are obviously keen to find somewhere to watch the FA Cup Final on Saturday. Has anyone here been to Milan and have any Sports bars they can recommend or do we even have any Italian fans ( ??? ) that could recomend somewhere worth going!!

It's a long shot but thanks if anyone can help!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Return to The Rumour Mill