Cavani
27%
Falcao
58%
Lavezzi
15%

Total votes : 26

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:58 am

Well we are being linked with all 3 of these superstars, we will probably end up with none of them, but the rumors persist

Using the poll select who you think would be the best signing for us

I voted Falcao :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:19 am

Cavani... But I think we have the least chance of signing him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:26 am

Falcao, even though he'd probably be an expensive short term solution it would be worth it if it meant us finishing in the top 4 again.
Another season of CL football would be a big help with the stadium redevelopment coming up on the horizon and it would more than likely mean United missing out for a second year in a row piling the pressure on them.
That's without mentioning the obvious benefits like being able to attract better players, increased revenue from TV money/sponsorship etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Wow a lot closer than i thought at the moment, would be interested to know what members think Cavani could bring to the team
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:29 pm

falcao as he is exactly the player we need, even if it is a short term solution.
as for cavani  :eyebrow  was he not mouthing off at rodgers last year accusing him of lying over the suarez to arsenal debacle  :nod  doubt there is any legs in that one.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:29 pm wrote:falcao as he is exactly the player we need, even if it is a short term solution.
as for cavani  :eyebrow  was he not mouthing off at rodgers last year accusing him of lying over the suarez to arsenal debacle  :nod  doubt there is any legs in that one.

Fingers crossed it is one of these 3 and not Eto'o  :cool:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:26 am wrote:Falcao, even though he'd probably be an expensive short term solution it would be worth it if it meant us finishing in the top 4 again.
Another season of CL football would be a big help with the stadium redevelopment coming up on the horizon and it would more than likely mean United missing out for a second year in a row piling the pressure on them.
That's without mentioning the obvious benefits like being able to attract better players, increased revenue from TV money/sponsorship etc.

+ 1

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Lavezzi.

Falcao's ACL injuries worry me and I think Cavani is over rated (and he bad mouthed the club last summer).
mkingdom

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:07 pm

mkingdom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:45 pm wrote:Lavezzi.

Falcao's ACL injuries worry me and I think Cavani is over rated (and he bad mouthed the club last summer).

Funny you should bring up Lavezzi as your choice as the French press say we have spoken to his agent and agreed a deal
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Not sure what it is, but I just can't see Cavani or Falcao at LFC.
mkingdom

Postby only me » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:02 pm

I'll go for Lavezzi ,Falcao wants RM recovering from an ACL ,Cavani looks less equipped to handle the Quick aggressive EPL style of football ,Lavezzi a tenacious little monkey that will work hard and will put pressure on the defense.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Falcao, its not even a hard choice, Cavani second, Lavezzi isn't what we need but would obviously be nice to have.

If we could get Falcao in just for a season it would send a good signal out to major players in Europe, which is what I think we're struggling to attract atm
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:05 am

Falcao if it was perminent, if not Cavani.

Signing Lavezzi as a striker is suicide, they guy is a winger.

I'd prefer Higuain in the option instead of Lavezzi.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:10 am

I think Cavani is a better player, option, and attraction than Falcao. I also think he'd fit our system better than Falcao would with his ability to move across the front line and create space for his strike partner being particularly useful when factoringin the likes of Sturridge and Sterling being in our front 3.

Dont get me wrong, Falcao would also be a great buy but he's somewhat similar to Sturridge in his positional play and you dont get the option of using him in a wider or more withdrawn position when needed. Neither is likely to happen but if given the choice, I'd go for the younger and hungrier of the two and thats Cavani.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:59 am

Paul Joyce (Express) saying we are prepared to pay 20 million for Falcao 1 year loan deal (that includes wages also) and now its upto Falcao to decide
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill