Antoine griezmann.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

Skysports.com understands that Liverpool and Lyon are keeping tabs on Real Sociedad starlet Antoine Griezmann.

The 19-year-old was a revelation as Sociedad won promotion to La Liga last season and he has carried his good form this term.

Premier League side Liverpool and Ligue 1 giants Lyon are now hoping to strike a deal to secure his signature in the January transfer window.

Griezmann's stock rose over the summer when he made a series of eye-catching displays for France in the Euro Under-19 tournament.

The youngster is tied to the San Sebastian outfit until the summer of 2015 and he is believed to command a fee in the €7million (£6m) region.

Sociedad are keen to retain the talented youngster, although the club's financial position could ultimately decide whether they strike a deal.

Griezmann had made 44 games for the club and has scored six goals while assisting 12 others.

Link

------------

Sabre, anything about him you could tell us?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Yup.

Already followed up by Manchester United and other clubs during last season in Segunda, in which he was the talent kid of my local club.

He likes entering the box from the wing, and has that natural talent to seek a goal from there.

Skilled, and small he was overlooked by his surrounding teams near his local Town Maçon, due to his height.

Had any team asked for him 4M last season, he would be gone. Now he'd be way more expensive.

But, the rumour's source doesn't seem to be of high credibility
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:51 am

heard about this one. i wonder if he is better then Pacheco?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Sabre » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:52 am

Apparently when Torres and Reina met the new owners they demanded signings in order they stay and they wanted to know who the club wanted to buy in winter, according to el Mundo Deportivo. The meeting apparently was with a club guy named Comolli.

Well, I think this info comes from the lad's agent, and I'd say it's true but that doesn't mean that there will be an offer.

Some actions of the lad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2traE62cFYM

heard about this one. i wonder if he is better then Pacheco?

Yes he is, more electric, and more regular, he does 3 out of 4 great games. In the video you'll see him finnishing many plays, but he's played most of the time in the left wing. He's the current corner taker, and he's got an ability for that, when you're 18 year old and you overtake the first corner taker of the team, it means you've got that something.

He does a lot of tricks in the videos, but the thing I like most about him is his instinct for goal. It's this kind of player that when he gets to the box he knows where the goal is.

He's the kind of player that you know one day might leave the club to a massive club, I didn't want to see him go that early. Last season he'd be gone for 5 M, but I think that right now anything below what costed Alonso 11M would mean riots and blood here.

Despite the interest of some big clubs I think he won't go for a massive for two reasons a) My local club needs the money and b) the quality of the lad is beyond doubt but his mindset is, nothing too wrong, some nights out and all that, but from a party mindset at 19 years old you can develop into a normal player or a complete twát.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:57 am

Comolli is the new director of football Sabre. I hope we get this kid. Promising young players, that's the transfer strategy now apparantly. Then when real ditch xabi he can talk him into coming back to Liverpool. :D

On a side note you have to admire how they keep churning out these super talented kids year after year. I cant keep up with trying to keep tabs on them.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:17 am

He's French.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:38 am

LFC2007 wrote:He's French.

Correct, from a village close to Dijon, but still, he's been developed in the youth system

He came with 14 because the frogs said he was too small for football.

The first coach he had here is the brother of a friend. He wasn't that special until 17, then he developed physically and despite his small height, he's got strength and he's not easily intimidated.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:01 am

He's french but he seem sto have a german surname...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 pm

The guy is great, he played in the under 19 European Cup this year, though I think that Pacheco did better in the tournament.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm

:D

You lot and the French...it's comical....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:05 am

bunglemark2 wrote:

:D

You lot and the French...it's comical....

Non, non, non :no Bav said they keep churning out these superkids and I thought he meant Spanish superkids.... Antoine not Antonio.
LFC2007

Postby andy_g » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:18 am

see everyone, rocky is right again. comoili is just going to fill up the team with teenage frogs!! :D

so if this kid is into cutting in from the left and scoring goals (although 6 from 44 isn't all that much really) he could do what babel has been failing to do for the last 4 years. one out, one in might work.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Liverpool and Comoli favourites to land Griezmann
Antoine

Well if he is anything like our last signing from Sociedad ,then I wont be complaining :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:49 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Liverpool and Comoli favourites to land Griezmann
Antoine

Well if he is anything like our last signing from Sociedad ,then I wont be complaining :;):

:nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 pm

reports today that we've offered 8.2m euros for the guy. if it's true i have to say that i'm slightly underwhelmed, although anything is an upgrade on the likes of babel..
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill