Another keeper?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:04 pm

these goalkeeping rumour dont seem to go away!

From SSN:

Reds lead Amelia chase
By Nadia Carminati -  Created on 13 Dec 2006

Marco Amelia's agent claims Liverpool are hoping to sign the Livorno goalkeeper in January.

The Italian international suggested last month that Liverpool were one of a number of clubs chasing his signature.

Amelia is regarded as one of the most highly-rated custodians in Europe and his performances have attracted the interest of some top clubs including Milan, Juventus and Chelsea.

The 24-year-old is believed to be weighing up his future with Livorno looking to hold talks over a new extended contract.

Amelia's representative Carlo Pallavicino played down reported interest from Milan and suggests Liverpool are heading the queue for the goalkeeper.

"Liverpool want him in January," said Pallavicino. "I have never had contacts with Milan, even if I know they are following Marco."

Milan had been strongly linked with a move for Amelia after Dida was sidelined by injury, but Pallavicino says he has never heard from the Rossoneri regarding Amelia.

"Milan never contacted Amelia or me. Probably Marco is not in their current plans," added Pallavicino.

News of Liverpool's interest comes as something of a surprise with Reds boss Rafa Benitez claiming last week he was keen to open talks with current number one Jose Reina over a new deal.

Amelia, meanwhile, believes he has proved he is good enough to win a move to a top club following his success at Livorno.

"I showed my value and I am confident that I could contribute to teams such as Milan, Inter, Juventus and Chelsea," Amelia told Studio Sport.

"Fear? No, an experience of that type would not make me afraid."

Amelia also reiterated his desire to one day play for hometown club Roma.

"To play one day in Rome would please me, in my town with the people of Rome.

"It has been a dream and a large emotion."

------------

another keeper... the same age as reina. suerly there cant be any truth in this?
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:44 pm

Can anyone clear this up.

Is Reina out of contract at the end of the season. I've heard this several times from different people including once in a paper (cant remember which one tho)
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:40 am

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:Can anyone clear this up.

Is Reina out of contract at the end of the season. I've heard this several times from different people including once in a paper (cant remember which one tho)

He's contracted until the end of the 2008-09 season mate.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill