West ham vs millwall - Riots!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:51 pm

I read that this was gonna happen a few weeks ago, awful behaviour

Gotta love what Harry Redknapp said: if that happens again put the balls back in the pot and draw it again :laugh:

I agree kick them out of everything

not a great advert for our bid to host the world cup either ey
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:57 am

Dazzer wrote:To think they still make these films to get people up for it like football factory and sh.it like that stupid londoners !

there has never been a northern hooligan has there
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 am

plenty daws - the millwall west ham riot was always going to happen - same if millwall had drawn chelsea . as harry said they should just of redrawn it or play it behind closed doors and ban any fans from going within 10 miles of ground
Last edited by GYBS on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:47 am

GYBS wrote:plenty daws - the millwall west ham riot was always going to happen - same if millwall had drawn chelsea . as harry said they should just of redrawn it or play it behind closed doors and ban any fans from going within 10 miles of ground

But the stadium's in London and there's probably about four million people live within ten miles of the ground. Are you proposing some kind of wartime evacuation to Suffolk or something ???

If you are it seems a little extreme to me if you don't mind me saying so.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:50 am

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:plenty daws - the millwall west ham riot was always going to happen - same if millwall had drawn chelsea . as harry said they should just of redrawn it or play it behind closed doors and ban any fans from going within 10 miles of ground

But the stadium's in London and there's probably about four million people live within ten miles of the ground. Are you proposing some kind of wartime evacuation to Suffolk or something ???

Maybe it is extreme but if you ban "FANS" as i said in my inital post and not just everyone (which you seem to be implying that i am saying )then you pretty have a good chance of getting rid of any trouble and having it associated with football.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 am

But what about "fans" who live within ten miles of the ground, where are you going to put them up ???
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Then they arent allowed out of the house mick - yes extreme but it will stop the mindless thugs from ruining the name of football and will make them think twice if they are denied the chance to watch their team play .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 pm

GYBS wrote:Then they arent allowed out of the house mick -

Sounds fair enough to me  :buttrock
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:07 pm

bigmick wrote:

:laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:20 pm

If this kind of draw happens again and there's a serious risk of mass hooliganism then the teams should play at a neutral venue well outside the vicinity of the two clubs, and behind closed doors.
LFC2007

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:56 pm

why don't you guys just make brackets for the whole competition from the beginning?  If any of these conflicts of interest seem to pop up within the first couple of rounds you can switch a team for another of equal seeding before.  Don't all the small teams want to play away to the big grounds anyway?
JoeTerp

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:01 am

When I first heard about it my instant thought was that the Millwall fans set up the trouble. But from the pictures and what I have read it would appear that it is the west ham fans. If that is the case, they should simply be banned from every cup competition there is for at least 5 years. Harsh on the non trouble causing supporters but this would be one way to put a permanent stop to rubbish like this. Also every home team should be given a right, for those five years to determine whether the tickets should go to west ham supporters or make  them available for the home support instead, during the league seasons. I think this would ensure the club do everything possible to keep these @ssholes out.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion