Van Persie

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm actually happy they signed him.  He's gonna be a waste of money.  He'll last 1 or 2 season, and he'll get hurt next season for sure.  Him and Rooney will clash like mad.  I just don't see it working, and they still don't have a cm to help them.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:05 pm

ethanr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:51 pm wrote:I'm actually happy they signed him.  He's gonna be a waste of money.  He'll last 1 or 2 season, and he'll get hurt next season for sure.  Him and Rooney will clash like mad.  I just don't see it working, and they still don't have a cm to help them.

I hope you're right man but I fear they've made a great deal by singing one of the world best strikers for not a lot of money.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:30 pm

They paid more than we paid for Suarez, for a 29-year old that is one of the most injury prone players in the premier league.  I hope I'm f*cking right too.
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 pm

ah well he ended up with the Sc*m
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm wrote:What else are clubs supposed to do ? Spend above their means trying to compete with the wages and fee's offered by City and Chelsea thus ensuing they go into debt ? If you don't have a sugar daddy it's hard to throw money at the club.

Despite that they still spent over 50 mil last summer

Clubs make a choice and Arsenals is the sensible one ensuring the club stays alive and afloat - they still are paying the debt for the stadium as well.

We won a trophy last season yet it was called a failure ?!
Of course being financially sound is important but Arsenal are the extreme. They have consistently sold their best players, because those players see no future there.

With the exception of this season Arsenal have spent bugger all and their empty trophy cabinet is testament to this.

Speculate to accumulate, I.e you have to spend to succeed.

The trick is finding the right balance in spending.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:01 pm

It's definitely a risky signing given Van Persie's injury record for that price and at his age.  He is a quality player but it will be interesting how he copes with playing second fiddle to Rooney who is clearly the main man there. 

This smacks of Fergie abandoning his policy of signing young players with potential because he rightly knows he's not gonna be there long enough to see them fulfill their potential.  He's just trying to win something in the next year or twowhile he's still there.  He should be investing in younger players given the amount of 30+ first teamers he has.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 pm

ethanr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:30 pm wrote:They paid more than we paid for Suarez, for a 29-year old that is one of the most injury prone players in the premier league.  I hope I'm f*cking right too.

RvP played 63 games in 18 months in the prem ! He has played more games than Gerrard in the last 5 years !
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 pm

ah fck it, Mancini will be fuming and I expect City to really up their efforts in signing top players. Hopefully we reject whatever they thow at us for Agger. About as far as this concerns us imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:52 pm

I can't believe the Dutch pr**k has opted to go to the filth after so many seasons at Arsenal.

What a c**t, no different from Judas.  :no

Hope someone breaks him in half during the season, would f**king love it........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 am

ethanr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:30 pm wrote:They paid more than we paid for Suarez, for a 29-year old that is one of the most injury prone players in the premier league.  I hope I'm f*cking right too.

He has the ability to score 30 goals in a season in the premier league. That's got to worth at least 30 million.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:21 am

aCe' » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 pm wrote:ah fck it, Mancini will be fuming and I expect City to really up their efforts in signing top players. Hopefully we reject whatever they thow at us for Agger. About as far as this concerns us imo.

United sign an injury prone striker and we pray City dont nick our very own injury prone defender?

Changing the subject whats with the capital W, its like a typewriter running out of ink, W, whats going on here? LOOK !

W

W

What the hell?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:33 am

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:28 pm wrote:
ethanr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:30 pm wrote:They paid more than we paid for Suarez, for a 29-year old that is one of the most injury prone players in the premier league.  I hope I'm f*cking right too.

RvP played 63 games in 18 months in the prem ! He has played more games than Gerrard in the last 5 years !

Which is why I'm so sure he'll get injured this next season.  He's had a serious injury almost every season except last, and with all the games he's been playing it has to be catching up to him.  I feel like he could break at any point.
ethanr

Postby babu » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 am

Kharhaz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 am wrote:
aCe' » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 pm wrote:ah fck it, Mancini will be fuming and I expect City to really up their efforts in signing top players. Hopefully we reject whatever they thow at us for Agger. About as far as this concerns us imo.

United sign an injury prone striker and we pray City dont nick our very own injury prone defender?

Changing the subject whats with the capital W, its like a typewriter running out of ink, W, whats going on here? LOOK !

W

W

What the hell?

Drugs are bad

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 am

That awkward moment when Van Persie is in the FIFA 13 demo as an Arsenal player.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 pm

He's a great player, and would walk into any Prem team....BUT....

where is the value and sense in this signing.  It is massively short sighted.  I don't have too much of an issue with his fee, although at 29, it could be argued it is pricey for someone with one year left on a contract.  But if the reported salary levels are anywhere near to true (£200k) then this deal is a bad one.

A short term signing from Slur Alex in my view, desperate for one last title before he jacks it in.  He is STILL relying on Giggs and Scholes, and now has thrown in last year's top scorer, at incredible cost. 

Would I want RVP in our team yes, bot not on these terms.  Bad business, even if he scores a hatful next season...what happens after that?
mkingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion