Tranfer market rules - Clarifications?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby SammyS » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:15 am

I'm an Aussie and I'm not sure exactly how the transfer market works in the EPL. I understand that a players contract is bought when he still has time at the club he is being bought from, and there are only certain times that the transfer window is open, but what exactly is cup tied? And when a players contract is up can he go straight to another club?

Thanks in advance :)
Sorry for my ignorance. =P
SammyS

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:22 am

SammyS wrote:I'm an Aussie and I'm not sure exactly how the transfer market works in the EPL. I understand that a players contract is bought when he still has time at the club he is being bought from, and there are only certain times that the transfer window is open, but what exactly is cup tied? And when a players contract is up can he go straight to another club?

Cup tied is when a player has started a match for another team and has been sold to another!! If the player in question has started a match for say Madrid and gets sold to LFC he is unelegible to play in the competition he played in,even if a sub and on the team sheet,this excludes the players right to play! Morientes for example last season!!

When a players contract is up they are free to go where they want but this rarely happens unless the player in question is shi.te or cannot agree personal terms!Clubs usually agree a  contract unless your Wayne Rooney and a glory hunter that can be bought and has no morals or sense!A prime example on the contrary being a man called Jamie Carragher that would gived his heart to LFC for 50p a week and play with 1 leg

The transfer window opens in January and also at season end

For further info type 'English premier league' into Google and reap!
Stick a squid on the barbee and have a can of Fosters..Tell Madge,Harrold,Toady and all the fit birds i said hi!!

Top o the mornin till ya!!!! :nod  :nod
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:27 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
SammyS wrote:I'm an Aussie and I'm not sure exactly how the transfer market works in the EPL. I understand that a players contract is bought when he still has time at the club he is being bought from, and there are only certain times that the transfer window is open, but what exactly is cup tied? And when a players contract is up can he go straight to another club?

Cup tied is when a player has started a match for another team and has been sold to another!! If the player in question has started a match for say Madrid and gets sold to LFC he is unelegible to play in the competition he played in,even if a sub and on the team sheet,this excludes the players right to play! Morientes for example last season!!

When a players contract is up they are free to go where they want but this rarely happens unless the player in question is shi.te or cannot agree personal terms!Clubs usually agree a  contract unless your Wayne Rooney and a glory hunter that can be bought and has no morals or sense!A prime example on the contrary being a man called Jamie Carragher that would gived his heart to LFC for 50p a week and play with 1 leg

The transfer window opens in January and also at season end

For further info type 'English premier league' into Google and reap!
Stick a squid on the barbee and have a can of Fosters..Tell Madge,Harrold,Toady and all the fit birds i said hi!!

Top o the mornin till ya!!!! :nod  :nod

Erm i was wrong!!lol
If a player dont play he's cool to play for another club :upside:  :upside:  :upside:
66-1120597113

Postby SammyS » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:01 am

Thanks very much for all of that :)
SammyS

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:50 pm

Dont you have football in australia you do have a class act in harry kewell

:laugh: sorry cant keep a straight face about kewell
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:59 am

As Barry said, most of the time clubs only allow players to run their contracts down when they are cack.
However, thanks to a certain Mr Bosman (the stupid b*stard), all players now have more power in negotiations with their current club than the clubs themselves.
You see, if say LFC signed a good young prospect for £10m in 2004 for 4 years, come January 2007, the player (although possibly now worth £40m) can sign a pre-contract agreement with any other club he wants. This basically leaves LFC up sh*t creek, having lost £10m initially, and a further £30m in profit.
The closest LFC example I can think of is Steve McManaman. Although we didn't "sign" him, we lost out on huge transfer money because the self-centered tw*t wanted to join Real Madrid and pocket a massive signing-on fee.
Then you have Micky Owen. He also wanted to leave, but as LFC had woken up to the threat of losing a £25m player for nowt, we were forced to sell the little pr*ck for £8m + a waste of space.

Thanks Marc Bosman - you shall forever be remembered as a c*nt.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion